Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier will be getting married on 24 May 2008, in Møgeltønder Church. The officiating minister will be Bishop Erik Norman Svendsen.

After the wedding, a private wedding party will take place at Schackenborg Manor.

http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?id=14657

Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier will be getting married on 24 May 2008, in Møgeltønder Church. The officiating minister will be Bishop Erik Norman Svendsen.

After the wedding, a private wedding party will take place at Schackenborg Manor.

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

I hope we will be abel to se and follow the wedding in the small church at Møltønder...When it´s a small church it must men that ther is not going to be alot of royals from Europe attending the wedding ( sadly enough because i woud love to se all the jewllery from the royeals in Europe)

Oh! What a geat news!!
Any pic of the church? Is this?

Last edited:
Predicted guests for Joachims and Marie's wedding

Who do you think will attend the wedding of Joachim and Marie?

I think following people will be invited:
Dronning Margrethe II til Danmark
Prins Henrik af Danmark
Kronprins Frederik til Danmark & Kronprinsesse Mary af Danmark
Prins Christian - pageboy
Prinsesse Isabella
Alexandra Christina, Grevinde af Fredensborg and Martin Jorgensen
Prins Nikolai - pageboy
Prins Felix - pageboy
Prinsesse Benedikte til Danmark
Prinz Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Erbprinz Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Prinzessin Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Prinzessin Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Prinsesse Elisabeth til Danmark
King Constantine II of the Hellenes
Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes
Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark & Carlos Morales y Quintana
Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece, Prince of Denmark
Crown Princess Pavlos of Greece, Princess of Denmark
Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark
Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark
Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark
Count Ingolf of Rosenborg
Count Christian of Rosenborg
Countess Anne-Dorthe of Rosenborg
Countess Josephine of Rosenborg
Thomas Schmidt
Countess Camilla of Rosenborg
Mikael Rosanes
Countess Feodora of Rosenborg
Eric Patte

the familiy of Marie

Royal guests
Prince Laurent de Belgique & Princess Claire de Belgique
Earl & Countess of Wessex
Prince Guillaume de Luxembourg
Prinsesse Sibilla de Luxembourg
Prins van Oranje & Prinses Maxima der Nederlanden
Prins Constantijn der Nederlanden & Prinses Laurentien der Nederlanden
Kong Harald V av Norge
Dronning Sonja av Norge
Prinsesse Märtha Louise av Norge & Ari Behn
Kronprins Haakon av Norge & Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit av Norge
Don Felipe, Príncipe de Asturias & Dona Letizia, Principesa de Asturias
Konung Carl XVI Gustaf av Sverige
Drottning Silvia av Sverige
Kronprinsesse Victoria av Sverige
A sister of Konung Carl XVI Gustav av Sverige

Just like Frederik IX and Ingrid in 1935.

I oretty much agree with your list. However, I highly doubt Christian, Nikolai, and Felix will be pageboys. I'm sure Joachim's sons will be apart of the ceremony, but not as pageboys. Perhaps they will stand next to their father when Marie walks up the aisle.

One more addition to the list: Carina Axelsson, Prince Gustav's girlfriend.

Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie´s wedding, 24th May 2008

Thought this would be fun, and mods feel free to delete if you think it is a waste of space.

Lets predict who will make up the wedding party for the wedding on 24th May

Obvious- Princes Nikolai and Felix
Prince Christian:wub:

Other royal children perhaps Count Richard and Countess Ingrid von Pfeil and Klein-Ellguth.
For a couple of flower girls perhaps Marie has young nieces

For the older members of the party I'm not sure as I believe Marie only has brothers.

I dont think Countess Alexandra will be there. I would lay down on the floor screeming if my husbands ex-wife should attend my wedding.

Yay, we finally have a date for the wedding to look forward to.:):):)

I find it a little strange it is so close to Frederik's birthday. Not sure I would really want to get married that close to my brother's birthday. However, the closeness in timing actually leads me to believe there will likely be little celebration for Frederik's birthday. I think it would be somewhat weird for a big celebration for Frederik's birthday just 2 days after a royal wedding. I'm thinking that is too much spotlight shifting between siblings.

Last edited:
I would think that the entire family likes the fact that Joachim and Marie will be married on Frederik and Ingrid's wedding date, not least Frederik.:)
And perhaps Frederik doesn't intend to celebrate his 40th in a big way anyhow.

Definately Nikolai and Felix, that's a no-brainer. I don't think Christian will, I personally think he's a bit too young. Richard and Ingrid would be a very good guess, some of the Greek kids, perhaps one of Alexia's girls? Probably the children of their friends, and if Marie's brother's have any kids, they might be in there as well.

Adults, I'm not sure of, probably friends, family etc. I don't think Frederik or Mary will be part of the wedding party.

I don't think Frederik or Mary will be part of the wedding party.

Interesting. Why do you think that? I am not trying to start a discussion :), I just would like to know your reasons. I think Frederik and Mary will be present. After all Frederik is Joachim's brother. :flowers:

I think the two will definately attend but perhaps in different capacities. I wouldn't be suprised if Frederik was best man but Mary won't be a bridesmaid, don't know why I say that just a feeling. I also don't think Isabella will be a flowergirl as she will only be 13 months old.

Maybe Mary will give a reading?

Yay, we finally have a date for the wedding to look forward to.:):):)

I find it a little strange it is so close to Frederik's birthday. Not sure I would really want to get married that close to my brother's birthday. However, the closeness in timing actually leads me to believe there will likely be little celebration for Frederik's birthday. I think it would be somewhat weird for a big celebration for Frederik's birthday just 2 days after a royal wedding. I'm thinking that is too much spotlight shifting between siblings.

Well, Marie mentioned in the engagement press conference that she really wanted a fairly private wedding, and they're most likely not planning a huge celebration for the wedding (probably televised from the church, but private party afterwards.)

The two events: Frederik possibly having a party for his birthday and Joachim's wedding aren't mutually exclusive. Given the time it took Joachim and Marie to settle on a date for the wedding, I assume they've already been over things like that with everyone in the families. Just an assumption, though.

Generally I agree with prinsipessa's list, but I don't think taht tthere will be so many roayl guest. I have the impression that this weddding is going to be a low key one. I don't think that Alexandra and Amrtin will be invited, ok they have a good relationship , some common friends and they can be at the same events without problems, but attending your ex-husband's wedding is too much for me

..(probably televised from the church, but private party afterwards.)
It was said on TV2 tonight that this station would be 'transmitting directly from the church'.
I was hoping for just a few minutes footage from the inside of Schackenborg - would love to see it ;)

Last edited:
One of the reasons I think King Harald might be there is that he is Joachim's godfather. Other than that, I don't know.

Møgeltønder church is said to be able to seat about half of the inhabitants of the area, which is about 1400 people, according to information from Felix' christening: http://www.toender.dk/subhtml/pdf/Kongelig_barnedaab.pdf

I don't know how many guests they'll have room for at the private dinner, but I would imagine that that also would factor in with how many royals will be attending.

Mary won't be a bridesmaid, don't know why I say that just a feeling. I also don't think Isabella will be a flowergirl as she will only be 13 months old.

Maybe Mary will give a reading?

Yes... i guess i think the same as you... Mary won't be a bridesmaid, I guess future Queens never are bridesmaids.

It would be cute to watch Isabella but I agree she is too young. :wub:

Isabella might not be in the wedding party, but maybe she will still be there with her mommy :)

Certainly Mary wouldn't be a bridesmaid... the bride usually has women who are closest to her as bridesmaids, just like Mary did with her wedding with her 2 sisters and Amber Petty. She certainly didn't have Alexandra as a bridesmaid. I'm not saying that Mary and Alexandra didn't get along, or that Mary and Marie don't get along; I'm just saying that bridesmaids tend to be close family/friends of the bride.

I don't think Felipe and Letizia will be there since this is supposed to be a more low-key wedding.

The Swedish might send some relatives, some Joachims Dads Family

Roylas

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary
Prince's Christian, Nikolai and Felix
Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard
Prince Gustav and Miss Carina Axelsson
Princess Nathalie
Princess Alexandra
Princess Elizabeth
The Rosenborg's
King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie
Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie Chantal
Prince Nikolaos
Princess Theodora
Prince Philippos
King Harald and Queen Sonja
Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit
Princess Martha-Louise and Mr Ari Behn
Crown Princess Victoria
Princess Madeleine

With best wishes sent from the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, Belgium and England.

I can't wait for this. I'm assuming it's not big, but I guess it's not an "official" wedding, but I'm sure that there will be some royals there, who are his friends.

Interesting. Why do you think that? I am not trying to start a discussion :), I just would like to know your reasons. I think Frederik and Mary will be present. After all Frederik is Joachim's brother. :flowers:

I meant that they'll definately be present.... there's no question about that. I don't think that Mary will be a bridesmaid, and I'm not sure, but for some reason I'm thinking Fred was best man at Joachim's first wedding. Or was it Joachim best man for Frederik? I can't remember. But they'll certainly be there.

I think that really the only foreign royals that will come will be the Swedes and the Norwegians, as they seem pretty close to the Danish royals. (I'm not counting the Greeks, I'm kind of including them with the Danes). Maybe some that the couple is especially close with, but this is supposed to be very low-key, I presume, not like F&M's practically family-reunion. Will it be televised?

I meant that they'll definately be present.... there's no question about that. I don't think that Mary will be a bridesmaid, and I'm not sure, but for some reason I'm thinking Fred was best man at Joachim's first wedding. Or was it Joachim best man for Frederik? I can't remember. But they'll certainly be there.
The brothers were each other's best man :) - perhaps Frederik would have liked to have two best men to be able to include Haakon of Norway whom he acted as best man for at Haakon's wedding.

Prince Frederik's 40th birthday is just a few days before the wedding date? Can we expect a birthday bash much earlier or later so as not to interfer with the wedding?

Please move this post to another thread if appropriate. Thank you.

Prince Frederik's 40th birthday is just a few days before the wedding date? Can we expect a birthday bash much earlier or later so as not to interfer with the wedding?

Please move this post to another thread if appropriate. Thank you.

Crownprince Frederik´s 40th birthday is 2 days after the wedding and not som few days befor it.
I gues that ther migth be a balconry sceen from Amalienborg palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom