Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if the wedding is at the morning or in at the afternoon?

I've read some time ago that it would a afternoon weeding, as most weddings in denmark.
I think the service would start at about 16:00hrs

It is amazing how little about the wedding in May has been released. Has Queen Margrethe designed the Monogram for Marie? Who will be the Wedding Attendants? Have they "finally" changed the initial on the gates of Schackenborg?
Guess we will just have to wait to find all this out/

It's still only February Lynda - the wedding is 3 months away. Usually, I don't think royal houses release information until at least a month to a wedding (even closer for christenings, birthdays, etc). I don't really expect any final details - we might get a few "insider" sources with bits here and there - until at least mid-April at the earliest

It is amazing how little about the wedding in May has been released. Has Queen Margrethe designed the Monogram for Marie? Who will be the Wedding Attendants? Have they "finally" changed the initial on the gates of Schackenborg?
Guess we will just have to wait to find all this out/

If I remember right from Mary & Frederik's wedding, and certainly as I recall with Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding in Oslo, details won't be released by the court until very very close to the wedding (or maybe even during the wedding ceremony). The press releases with the information will be sent to the press, with a set date and time for public release.

Well I hope we will get to see lots of footage in May.....weddings of Royals are always interesting, the the wedding menu is always worth looking at (even if we don't know what some of the foods are -- its fun to look them up and try them at home

If I remember right from Mary & Frederik's wedding, and certainly as I recall with Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding in Oslo, details won't be released by the court until very very close to the wedding (or maybe even during the wedding ceremony). The press releases with the information will be sent to the press, with a set date and time for public release.

The programm of the Events was known and also some about the events. Only the details like flower decoration in the Church, Guestlists, Mary's Gown and who would be the pages and Witnesses where released on the Wedding Day. The monogramm was also released before.

I don't think there will be a Gala-Performance at the Royal Theatre as this was also not in 1995. Perhaps we can hope for a Gala-Dinner at Christiansborg. For the marriage to Alexandra there was one at the evening before the Wedding. If there will be one it has to be earlier because of the Distance.

Nowadays some Royals say that They are very modern. Tha´s why I believe Alexandra and her husband (Martin) will be in the wedding.

sorry it was missing, It could possible that Nicolai and Felix will go to the honeymoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowadays some Royals say that They are very modern. Tha´s why I believe Alexandra and her husband (Martin) will be in the wedding...

As Joachim wasn't at Alexandra & Martin's wedding last March, I personally doubt A&M will attend the upcoming wedding

I have to agree. The Countess and Martin will probably not attend the wedding. If she did, can you imagine the gossip it would create? It would over-shadow the entire ceremony between Joachim and Marie.

How long before the wedding will they release the guest list or is that also only on the day?

I suppose we can look on the different royal family calenders and have a guess as to who is likely to be there by what is scheduled for that day.

I would think that Princess Victoria & Haakon and Mette-Marit will be attending.

How long before the wedding will they release the guest list or is that also only on the day?

I suppose we can look on the different royal family calenders and have a guess as to who is likely to be there by what is scheduled for that day.

I would think that Princess Victoria & Haakon and Mette-Marit will be attending.

At Frederik and mary's Wedding the Guest list was only released on the Wedding Day and i believe also only at the time the guests startet to arrive at the Church.

It could also be that King Harald and Queen Sonja attend as King Harald is godparent to Joachim.

I don't expect a major turnout of the Gotha, maybe the other scandinavian ones will send something high up the ladder but I doubt that other families will, considering it is a second marriage and esp. because the Danish RF wants to keep this wedding a bit more low-key as his previous one.

Nowadays some Royals say that They are very modern. Tha´s why I believe Alexandra and her husband (Martin) will be in the wedding.

sorry it was missing, It could possible that Nicolai and Felix will go to the honeymoon.

Well, it depends how you would define modern. Also, to me, it doesnt matter how understanding the two are & if everything is perfect between them. Wouldnt be a very nice wedding for Marie if her husband to be's ex was there. I would only expect the boys:rolleyes:

This is a wedding to wait for, I have all these ideas about how her dress would be. Thinking of something very plain & simple.

Does anybody know if the wedding is at the morning or in at the afternoon?

According to Billedbladet (ie. without confirmation from the court) the wedding will take place at 17.00 - so that it will be an afternoon wedding, and people won't have to change between church and an evening reception.

According to Billedbladet (ie. without confirmation from the court) the wedding will take place at 17.00 - so that it will be an afternoon wedding, and people won't have to change between church and an evening reception.

An afternoon wedding means tiaras and gala gowns...:flowers:

Yes.. usually all Royal weddings in Norway and Denmark are "Tiara"-weddings, where Royal guests attend in galawear.

If its a low key wedding, do you think ladies will show up in "tiaras" or maybe just hat's?

If its a low key wedding, do you think ladies will show up in "tiaras" or maybe just hat's?

Not if it is in the afternoon with a Ball afterwards. If they will not wear tiaras, the will only come in Evening Gowns perhpas some of the ladies with a feather in the hair or something like this. Like at Prince Edward's Wedding.

Not if it is in the afternoon with a Ball afterwards. If they will not wear tiaras, the will only come in Evening Gowns perhpas some of the ladies with a feather in the hair or something like this. Like at Prince Edward's Wedding.
It's really hard to say.
I think it will be a Tiara-wedding. ...
If not: When Silvia and carl Gustav married their guests attended with long dresses and hats. Personally I am not a big fan of this combi... so I hope for tiaras. ;)

My flights are booked now, accomodation near Mogeltonder as well, the new camera is prepared, now the wedding could come :)

It's really hard to say.
I think it will be a Tiara-wedding. ...
If not: When Silvia and carl Gustav married their guests attended with long dresses and hats. Personally I am not a big fan of this combi... so I hope for tiaras. ;)

But the Wedding of Silvia and Carl Gustaf was around noon not in the afternoon. I liked this dresscode and how it was for most of the Royal Weddings in the 60's more then the one at the recent Weddings in the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain etc.. It looks more formell then short gowns or costumes.

You are right, Stefan. I totally forgot the Swedish Wedding was a noon-wedding.

Well, anyway: I guess his will be a normal Scandinavian wedding. Marie will get a normal Royal title (Her Royal Highness) and so I could not imagine that the guests won't wear tiaras... okay it will be low-key... well, I guess the only thing we can do is to lean back and to wait until may. Then we'll know more. :D

I am all in favour of a tiara wedding, the more diamonds the better!

It will be interesting to see what tiara Marie will use, a new one or something from her mother-in-law .... I am all in favour of the golden poppies ;)

It will be interesting to see what tiara Marie will use, a new one or something from her mother-in-law .... I am all in favour of the golden poppies ;)
Oooooo! Has Marie done something to offend??????? I wouldn't wish that on any bride!:ohmy:

Cat:angel:

If Mary got given a wedding tiara which wasn't from the royal collection, I can't imagine Marie being given one that is of royal provenance.

I think it will be one from auction.

Well, Alexandra did get something with royal provenance and Mary did already use the divine ruby parure, which came from the Beauharnais' so...

But Margrethe doesn't have that many uncoloured tiara's left, so getting one from an auction might be the wisest (and done before). But just let us envision the golden poppies on a wedding dress.... wouldn't that be ...uhm...interesting? ;)

You're too cruel, Marengo! heeheehee!

it'll be interesting to see what she'll eventually wear and get from the Queen.

tiara

I think only 2 could given. the baden palmette tiara, but as the Queen herself wears it frequently it is not very likely or the small floral tiara. But the second belgongs to a Family Foundation and could thus only be a loan and not a gift. So i think she will get a new one. It woulöd also be great if Marie gets a new tiara and is lent the baden palmette tiara for the Wedding.

I cringe at the mental picture of Marie with that golden poppy horror on her head on her wedding day. :eek: Ysbel is right Marengo, you are bad!

Marie will probably receive a newly purchased tiara for the wedding just as Mary did.

Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom