Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on TRF a lot since I moved to Texas. I have to say that I'm a bit late on my congrats to couple on the occassion of their engagement. I hope they have a happy life together and produce little princes and princess.

According to DRWs, via Billed Bladet, there will be a mega concert celebration in honor of Joachim and Marie's upcoming wedding. They note:

The music company World of Sound is behind the national gift, which will feature both modern and classical music

Read more about it here

Is this similar to the concert Fred & Mary had? Its nice to see them getting this since its also Joachim's second wedding, you wouldve expected it small and quite and not so much to be going on. I think both deserve it. The band that will play during the concert is it one of Joachims & Marie's fav's? Looking forward to this. Thanks for the article

Is this similar to the concert Fred & Mary had? Its nice to see them getting this since its also Joachim's second wedding, you wouldve expected it small and quite and not so much to be going on. I think both deserve it. The band that will play during the concert is it one of Joachims & Marie's fav's? Looking forward to this. Thanks for the article

i agree, it's surprising. however, it looks as if it was going to be of similar dimensions as rock and royal, held for frederik and mary. i'm quite looking forward to it!

Soem questioned if mary would be bridesmade but i think it is impossible because bridesmades are usually unmarried women.

I hope it will be broadcasted on tv and we can see lots of pictures. i am getting married myself too so i am more than ever interested in royalweddings! I think i am going to check the royal weddng dresses to get some ideas for my own.

Does anyone know who will be the designer of Marie's gown? I loved Mary's to, who was this designed by? I also love the dresses of the belggian designer who designed for both Mathilda and Laurentien.

Mary's gown was designed by Uffe Frank. It is not known yet who is the designer for Marie's dress...

Soem questioned if mary would be bridesmade but i think it is impossible because bridesmades are usually unmarried women.

Well, anything is possible because two out of three of Mary's bridesmaids were married women!

I was going to ask about Marie's dress designer. Thanks for the updated info.

Does anyone have an idea when we will start getting information about the wedding?

Will they give out any information or was Mary's wedding of more interest because she was going to be the crown princess?

It's shame that we cannot see more pictures of Marie now! I cannot understand why, before the engagement day we could get to see her every week but now we have never seen her again since one or two photos from Christmas. To me that is really strange. Why keep things like that!!!!

Mary's gown was designed by Uffe Frank. It is not known yet who is the designer for Marie's dress...

But it´was not annonced before. Information about the dress came at the Wedding Day and only at the time Mary was on her way to the Church or when she already had arrived there. So i think the designer of marie's dress will also not announced before.

Ok - Thank you, I wasn't sure when they announced Mary's details.

We will just have to wait and see then.

:)

I know the wedding has been deemed a private family wedding, but do we have any idea about how formal it will be? Will we see the guests in military uniforms, tuxes, ballgowns and tiaras? Or will it be ladies in suits and dresses with mathing hats and men in morning suits or regular suits?

I know the wedding has been deemed a private family wedding, but do we have any idea about how formal it will be? Will we see the guests in military uniforms, tuxes, ballgowns and tiaras? Or will it be ladies in suits and dresses with mathing hats and men in morning suits or regular suits?

It is not known yet at which time the Wedding will. But all danish Royal Weddingd are afternoon Wedding. And in the announcment it says that there will be a banquet at Schackenborg Castle. if this is the case it think we will most likely see evening gowns and tiaras for the Ladies,

I believe that the Wedding Concert has been cancelled

In my personal opinion, I believe the logo is foolish.

I agree, I don't like the logo. Perhaps they'll change it.

I believe that the Wedding Concert has been cancelled

You're right, Lynda, the organizer did cancel the event... which is a shame if you ask me.

Apparently, he fit because of the media and the organization of the event. So instead of behaving like a gentleman he stomped his foot and cancelled the whole thing. :rolleyes:

....Apparently, he fit because of the media and the organization of the event. So instead of behaving like a gentleman he stomped his foot and cancelled the whole thing. :rolleyes:

Wait, GT - there was media interest in an event surrounding a royal wedding? :eek::rolleyes: What was he expecting? A three-line piece in Billed Bladet?

I see they're trying to incorporate the Danish and French colors. But I think it looks cheesy and not very royal. But maybe Marie is a lot more simple than I thought.

Wait, GT - there was media interest in an event surrounding a royal wedding? :eek::rolleyes: What was he expecting? A three-line piece in Billed Bladet?

:lol: Apparently so. By the way, you're bad, Jess... :lol:

BurberryBrit is right, I do believe they incorporated the French flag colors which is nice... a nice honor to and for Marie. The design is not my style, but I do think it was awfully nice of them to do this unofficial logo.

I can hardly wait to watch the wedding. I'm curious to know if Joachim will wear his uniform or a tux. Marie's gown is another thing that I am curious about. I really hope that she doesn't look like a giant meringue... you know those big poofy dresses with bows and lots of fluff. She's a beautiful woman with a very tiny frame, similar to Letizia's, and anything to poofy will drown her. Nonetheless, I'm sure she'll wear something chic and classic.

:)

I'm not wild about the logo either. The font and style are very 1980s. I'm curious about how one would use an unofficial logo. Where would this logo appear, and why is there a need for an unofficial logo?

I'm not wild about the logo either. The font and style are very 1980s. I'm curious about how one would use an unofficial logo. Where would this logo appear, and why is there a need for an unofficial logo?

A logo like this will probably be used around the town where the wedding is taking place to decorate window fronts, lamp posts, things like that. Similar to the blue and pink logo for Martha-Louise and Ari's wedding in 2002

The logo is young and fresh, not too mucht stylish very simple, but I like it!

I think it's a little silly to logo-ize a wedding, but it's coming from the town, trying to capitalize on the event isn't it? It does look cheesy and '80s-ish, not really elegant or fitting for the couple.

It is amazing how little about the wedding in May has been released. Has Queen Margrethe designed the Monogram for Marie? Who will be the Wedding Attendants? Have they "finally" changed the initial on the gates of Schackenborg?
Guess we will just have to wait to find all this out/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom