Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it be televised?

I guess that the wedding in the church will be filmed bus as the official message from the court says so is the dinner 'private' meaning without the press. The grande salle in Schackenborg is by the way not big enough for tv cameras and the press - it does not have a gallery like Christiansborg Palace or Fredensborg Palace where the cameras can be placed...

:flowers:

PS: Thank you everybody for all your informations - I simply love The Royal Forums! What to do without the internet?!

:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
And another guest will certainly be count Jefferson von Pfeill und Klein Elguth, princess Alexandra zu Sayn Witgenstein Berleburg's husband.
Maybe that their children count Richard (8) and countess Ingrid (4)will be pages.

great news! quite a nice date, in my opinion. may weddings are always nice (in europe at least) due to nice weather!

when were guestlists on for frederik and mary's wedding?

thanks for the church link, it looks historic and romantic. it's the week of my birthday (usually go on a vacation, hmmmm have to arrange around this) i'm glad it's going to be a special day exactly the way they want to get married, less pressure and more personal. it will be exciting to see the guests, hope it's live on the net. i couldn't read the church web site(in danish). does it say it's founded in 800 AD? is there a family tie? is it close to where they will live? i do wish there was going to be a balcony scene ;)

It will be a private wedding but I'am sure we will get to see many photos! I really hope we do!

Perhaps his two sons will stand up for him this time?

It will be a private wedding but I'am sure we will get to see many photos! I really hope we do!
Yeah, I think so, too.
I guess there'll be photos made inside the church (I also think it will be broadcasted...).
Only the wedding banquet is said to be private.
I think it's understandable that the couple wants to celebrate privatly with their friends. :flowers:
(I think it's quite funny they chose this "famous wedding day". Märtha&Ari married the same day.. and I think someone mentioned Frederik's grandparents ;) )

According with the informatio. The wedding will be a private event.I believe is right, because Joachim has two boys.

Yeah, I think so, too.
I guess there'll be photos made inside the church (I also think it will be broadcasted...).
Only the wedding banquet is said to be private.
I think it's understandable that the couple wants to celebrate privatly with their friends. :flowers:
(I think it's quite funny they chose this "famous wedding day". Märtha&Ari married the same day.. and I think someone mentioned Frederik's grandparents ;) )

Yes Frederik IX. and Ingrid married on this date in 1935. It was also the day of the Fuenral of King Frederik VIII. in 1912 and the christening of Princess Benedikte in 1944. Quet an eventfull date in the danish royal Family.

Planning a May wedding does always bear the problem that May doesn't have that much weekends ;) The first May weekend might probably be judged as still too cold so only three more left. So it does make perfect sense to take a date that does already have historical meaning.

I was looking at photos of the chapel Joachim and Marie are going to get married in. It looks really nice and intimate (from what i could see), Also, will they change the monogram of Alexandra and Joachim that is on the gate? and replace it with Marie and Joachim?

The fact that they announced a wedding date which is still quite long away means IMO that it will become quite a big event also since Marie wasn´t married before. So I expect a wedding like the one of Alexandra Berleburg in 1998. Don´t know whether Marie´s brother´s are already married and have kids. If yes, they might become the flower-boys-and girls. Felix and Nikolai will not become flower kids because they´re the children of the groom. Nevertheless I don´t expect that much European Royalty except of the closer relatives of European houses (f.i. the Greeks)

Are there rules against children of the groom being flower boys and girls??

I was looking at photos of the chapel Joachim and Marie are going to get married in. It looks really nice and intimate (from what i could see), Also, will they change the monogram of Alexandra and Joachim that is on the gate? and replace it with Marie and Joachim?

Probably - it would be awkward for Marie to have the A & J monogram on the gate of her house! :ROFLMAO:

I wonder what Marie's monogram will look like - it'll be the 3rd "M" monogram designed by the queen.

Another guest -- Prince Nikolaos' girlfriend...I think her name is Tatiana? She seems to be at a lot of family events lately (including Christian's christening).

I would thing that at least one representative from each royal house (Monaco included) would attend. They are all interrelated after all! :ROFLMAO:

Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier will be getting married on 24 May 2008, in Møgeltønder Church. The officiating minister will be Bishop Erik Norman Svendsen.

After the wedding, a private wedding party will take place at Schackenborg Manor.

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

That's my birthday! Didn't Frederick and Mary get married around then too?

Then it was the Spanish royal wedding that was a week later that was closer to my birthday. I just love having royal events happen on/around my special day!

Fred's 40th birthday is 2 days after the wedding.

Stellad

When do they announce the designer of her dress? Did they announce Mary's beforehand?

Will all the details only be given the day of the wedding?

Do you think Marie will attend the family christmas night this year?

And I was wondering too if Marie will attend the New Year celebrations with the Royal Family?

for sure. she will be, after all, princess of denmark already.
No she is not already Princess of Denmark, she will be in May when she got married. And I think we don't know what her title will be.

And I think we don't know what her title will be.
We know that her title after the wedding will be Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse Marie af Danmark (HRH Princess Marie of Denmark) because it was announced at the time of the engagement. :flowers:

We know that her title after the wedding will be Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse Marie af Danmark (HRH Princess Marie of Denmark) because it was announced at the time of the engagement. :flowers:
O.k I dind't know that! Sorry! Another Danish Princess, oh my God!!!!:eek:

No not at all! we don't know that yet, lets wait and see what we can expect of her! Only two Marie /Mary Princess! iT's funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom