Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
It's really hard to say.
I think it will be a Tiara-wedding. ...
If not: When Silvia and carl Gustav married their guests attended with long dresses and hats. Personally I am not a big fan of this combi... so I hope for tiaras.
But the Wedding of Silvia and Carl Gustaf was around noon not in the afternoon. I liked this dresscode and how it was for most of the Royal Weddings in the 60's more then the one at the recent Weddings in the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain etc.. It looks more formell then short gowns or costumes.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Moderator Emeritus

You are right, Stefan. I totally forgot the Swedish Wedding was a noon-wedding.

Well, anyway: I guess his will be a normal Scandinavian wedding. Marie will get a normal Royal title (Her Royal Highness) and so I could not imagine that the guests won't wear tiaras... okay it will be low-key... well, I guess the only thing we can do is to lean back and to wait until may. Then we'll know more.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am all in favour of a tiara wedding, the more diamonds the better!

It will be interesting to see what tiara Marie will use, a new one or something from her mother-in-law .... I am all in favour of the golden poppies
Old 03-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

It will be interesting to see what tiara Marie will use, a new one or something from her mother-in-law .... I am all in favour of the golden poppies
Oooooo! Has Marie done something to offend??????? I wouldn't wish that on any bride!

Cat
Old 03-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

If Mary got given a wedding tiara which wasn't from the royal collection, I can't imagine Marie being given one that is of royal provenance.

I think it will be one from auction.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, Alexandra did get something with royal provenance and Mary did already use the divine ruby parure, which came from the Beauharnais' so...

But Margrethe doesn't have that many uncoloured tiara's left, so getting one from an auction might be the wisest (and done before). But just let us envision the golden poppies on a wedding dress.... wouldn't that be ...uhm...interesting?
Old 03-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

You're too cruel, Marengo! heeheehee!
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Courtier

it'll be interesting to see what she'll eventually wear and get from the Queen.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

tiara

I think only 2 could given. the baden palmette tiara, but as the Queen herself wears it frequently it is not very likely or the small floral tiara. But the second belgongs to a Family Foundation and could thus only be a loan and not a gift. So i think she will get a new one. It woul÷d also be great if Marie gets a new tiara and is lent the baden palmette tiara for the Wedding.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Nobility

I cringe at the mental picture of Marie with that golden poppy horror on her head on her wedding day. Ysbel is right Marengo, you are bad!

Marie will probably receive a newly purchased tiara for the wedding just as Mary did.

Cat
Old 03-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

What are the "golden poppies"? I tried to find the answer in the thread, but could not. Does anyone have a picture?
Old 03-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
What are the "golden poppies"? I tried to find the answer in the thread, but could not. Does anyone have a picture?
The most ugly "Tiara" ... jewels.... ever
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&d=1071376973

Old 03-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Courtier

Is that...thing...a tiara, jewels or an headpiece? It's just ugly and awful!!!

It certainly won't look good with a wedding gown..or any dress for that matter!
Old 03-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline View Post
Is that...thing...a tiara, jewels or an headpiece? It's just ugly and awful!!!

It certainly won't look good with a wedding gown..or any dress for that matter!
^^ Now you understand! Marengo obviously has a rather..... ummm.... shall we say "dry" sense of humor. I can't think of much that poppy horror would go with, but a weddng dress is most certainly not on the list.

Cat
Old 03-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Goodness! What a nasty tiara...and are there earring to match?!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Nobility

^^ Unfortunately yes, and they are no more appropriate for a bride than the golden poppy hair net tiara thingy. Is there a full moon or something. The Mods seem to be acting a bit strange.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Courtier

I think the golden poppies suit Queen Magrethe but I honestly couldn't see them on everyone else.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Marengo, just for you :
Marie with the golden Poppies
(NRK)

Hach ja.. that would make the perfect wedding look.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Nobility

My goodness! Poor Marie - a golden poppy bride. Run for your life girl!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Uggghhhh...it looks like something that would be worn by one of the female cast members on "Star Trek". It is hideous!

Closed Thread

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie