Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there be children at this wedding? (not including Nikolai and Felix and the pageboys/flowergirls)

I'm sorry if someone has already posted these links, but here are a few examples of tiaras that would suit Marie and that I wouldn't say no to. My opinion of course..

Bentley & Skinner
This one is convertible into a necklace, very convenient for Marie:
Bentley & Skinner
Unfortunately, this one is already sold:
Bentley & Skinner

I love the last tiara, to bad it's already been sold.

The last tiara I can definitely see Marie wearing. The first tiara, the Belle Epoque Diamond tiara, would look even better on her. Unfortunately, it is also sold.

You know, just because the last on has been sold (the one I love as stated earlier) doesn't mean whe won't see Marie with it. It's a longshot, but still, the tiara/neckless could be sold to the Danish Royal family, everything is possible. :D

Last edited:
Princess Robijn, that was my thought too. The DRf could have bought it for her. Although I'm sure Marie's tiara will be one of the family heirlooms.

Stellad

quick question...why is it that when british royalty gets married the guest dont wear tiaras but every other royal house the guest wear tiaras?

quick question...why is it that when british royalty gets married the guest dont wear tiaras but every other royal house the guest wear tiaras?

It depends on the time of wedding - a morning wedding (like in GB, Spain, the Netherlands) gets hats instead of tiaras; while an afternoon wedding (like in Denmark, Norway) gets tiaras with gala gowns.

stellad, why do you think Marie will get a family tiara for the wedding? Mary didn't, and seeing as the DRF don't have that many suitable tiaras left to hand out I highly doubt they would give one to the second son's second wife (no offence to Marie here).

Which would be a sigh of relief for Marie... I mean, the collection is (as we all know) small and if Queen decided to give a tiara to her new daughter in law, I'm afraid it will be that Vegas circa 1976 yellow flower thingy. Yes, I agree with others: That tiara is unfortunate looking, imo.;)

Maybe Marie gets a tiara as a wedding gift from her own family? They are quite well-off and it's not as if she needs a dowry or help on financing her new home...

I think (speaking as a tiara-lover) the best thing would be if Royal princes always married rich heiresses so that the brides can bring new bling to the family. :D So far only ex-Royals tend to do that, think of Pavlos of Greece or Karl of Austria, but who knows?

Although I'm quite fond of a good parure, I tend be just as taken by a smaller, more delicate item.

In this instance, I'd much rather see Marie with something delicate. Something with the fleur de Lys motif (most appropriate for a French born Danish Princess).

Here would be my perfect Princess Marie tiara. It's exquisite.

I can picture Marie adorning this beautiful tiara, with low hanging strands of pearls.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/abab21e2.jpg

Too bad it belongs to another royal family.

Last edited:
That's great, but a translation please...:)

Margarita II and Henrik have decided to give a party in honor of the bride and groom on the eve of the wedding, according to the magazine Billed-Bladet. It will be at the Palais des Gråsten, summer residence of the Danish Royal Family, which is a few kilometres from Tønder. This building will also function as a place of accommodation for the relatives closest to the actual members during the celebrations, but has not yet decided whether the family of Marie will stay there or in the Schackenborg Palace, residence of the prince Joaquín.

Family and guests at the royal farewell boyfriends
On the eve of the feast of the link is inviting a select group of people, mostly family provided more: elpríncipe Federico and his wife, Princess Mary, uncles Joaquin-Mary Queen Anne and King Constantine of Greece, Princess Benedicta and Prince Richard, as well as his cousins and of course parents and stepfather Marie. Without real olivdar to guests who are already in Denmark on the eve of the wedding.

But the party will not last until too late, because the guests and especially the bride and groom must be fresh for the wedding, which will take place at 17.00 am the next day. An hour later, when finished the ceremony, guests are directed to the centre of Ecco Tønder, a conference hall that can easily accommodate the 250 to 300 guests are expected to attend the wedding. Glasses of champagne and canapés help make shorter waiting for the bride and groom and their parents, who will use this time to take pictures of rigour. The wedding banquet is scheduled for 20.00 pm.

Thank you, Fanletizia...:flowers:

I'm interested to see if any foreign royals (Sweden or Norway) will attend.

I would expect to see some of the Swedish Royals there as they are related, probably The Cr Pr and Prss of Norway.

Stellad

I think (speaking as a tiara-lover) the best thing would be if Royal princes always married rich heiresses so that the brides can bring new bling to the family...
[snipped]
I fully agree with you. It would be really great, if a new daughter-in-law adds a few items to the existing collection, thereby enhancing it for the generations to come. I believe such traditions existed earlier...

[snipped]
I fully agree with you. It would be really great, if a new daughter-in-law adds a few items to the existing collection, thereby enhancing it for the generations to come. I believe such traditions existed earlier...

Yes that would be the best. But often the pieces she brings are split among their descedants like it happened with Queen Ingrid's jewels.

Hello Everyone,

I moved the discussion regarding Marie's education into its own thread so we can keep this discussion on topic.

Happy posting! :flowers:

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

Has Prince Joachim & Marie started receiving wedding gifts yet ?

thank you, i think!! I was going to ask this question and am sorry for eternity for my curiosity having seen the pics:ROFLMAO:

Uggghhhh...it looks like something that would be worn by one of the female cast members on "Star Trek". It is hideous!
I am a fan of Star Trek its females would abhor any symbol of hereditary rule!!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you, i think!! I was going to ask this question and am sorry for eternity for my curiosity having seen the pics:ROFLMAO:

I am a fan of Star Trek its females would abhor any symbol of hereditary rule!!:lol:

Her outfit reflects East Asian culture and perhaps was in celebration of something Eastern?:ermm:

R.

It's funny that both brothers went for darker-skinned, darker-haired women for their wives? Very exotic looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny that both brothers went for darker-skinned, darker-haired women for their wives? Very exotic looking!

I once read it has to do with the way the mother looks when the boys are babies and toddlers. Queen Margrethe as a young mother was very darkhaired, too and loving outdoor sports, so maybe Mary, Alexandra and Marie reminded the brothers of their mother a bit.

Will there be any foreign royals who will attend the wedding or it's restricted to families only with the exception of close royal friends? It this a tiara or hats wedding?

For discussions for the guestlist: The Crown Prince of Belgium won't attend the wedding. He has an engagement for that day. I also think that the Crown Princess won't attend because of her fourth children!

Monarchie - Agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom