The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 11-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hiawassee, United States
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Yes, I would think so. I can't see how aquiring a tiara which was not before used by the dynasty, could be seen as putting Mary in her place.

In my mind, one is put in their place when they overstep 'the mark'. And knowing that Alexandra was to keep Queen Alexandrine's tiara, I think made Margrethe 'realise' that the Danish collection isn't that big, afterall. And even so, Mary is to wear everything Margrethe currently does so something small was probably seem as appropriate. It was afterall a wedding tiara.

And Mary does have the Desiree parure at her disposal. The only Crown Princess who, herself boasts, such a magnificant suite all to her own.
When Queen Ingrid died CP Frederick inherited the ruby and diamond Desiree parure. He then "presented" it to Mary Donaldson (I think the night before their marriage). My question is does CP Mary "own" the parure, or does it belong in the Royal Family Jewelery Collection.??????
If she owns it, could she legally sell it ???? Not that she would.
The same question would be her wedding tiara and the beautiful double strand of pearls (the pearls that Prince Henrik presented her with) ???
I realize that jewelry gifts purchsed for her by her husband belong only to her (I think ?)
__________________

__________________
  #82  
Old 11-28-2007, 06:08 PM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
When Queen Ingrid died CP Frederick inherited the ruby and diamond Desiree parure. He then "presented" it to Mary Donaldson (I think the night before their marriage). My question is does CP Mary "own" the parure, or does it belong in the Royal Family Jewelery Collection.??????
If she owns it, could she legally sell it ???? Not that she would.
The same question would be her wedding tiara and the beautiful double strand of pearls (the pearls that Prince Henrik presented her with) ???
I realize that jewelry gifts purchsed for her by her husband belong only to her (I think ?)
Mary doesn't own the parure, it belongs to Frederik. Mary has access to it whenever she wants to wear it though. I believe the wedding tiara is hers, to do whatever she likes with, but I could be wrong
__________________

__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #83  
Old 11-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hiawassee, United States
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Mary doesn't own the parure, it belongs to Frederik. Mary has access to it whenever she wants to wear it though. I believe the wedding tiara is hers, to do whatever she likes with, but I could be wrong
Thank you JessRulz it would be terrible if the lovely parure left the Danish Royal Family (for whatever reason). What about the lovely double strand of whote and black pearls that Prince Henrik gifted her with ?
__________________
  #84  
Old 11-28-2007, 07:09 PM
RachelD's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My Home, United States
Posts: 697
I wonder what tiara will be given to Marie? Something from the family vaults, like Alexandra's, or something bought for her specially, like Mary's?
__________________
  #85  
Old 11-28-2007, 10:04 PM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Thank you JessRulz it would be terrible if the lovely parure left the Danish Royal Family (for whatever reason). What about the lovely double strand of whote and black pearls that Prince Henrik gifted her with ?
Well, if the necklace was a gift, then I'm assuming Mary can do whatever she pleases with it - include sell it if she needs to (which I doubt)
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #86  
Old 11-29-2007, 02:40 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD View Post
I wonder what tiara will be given to Marie? Something from the family vaults, like Alexandra's, or something bought for her specially, like Mary's?
I hope they buy her something and do not repeat the big mistake of giving away a family tiara! - the royal family does not have enough tiaras to keep giving them away.
It would also look strange to me to give two DILs tiaras from the family collection and not the DIL who is a CP.
I still lament the tiaras that have left the family, queen Alexandrine's diamond drop and not least the khedive tiara (the 'wedding' tiara which queen Ingrid bequeathed to Anne-Marie)
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
  #87  
Old 11-29-2007, 02:49 AM
Principessa Cano's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 85
Forgive my ignorance but won't the tiara they gave to Alexandra make its way back into the family anyhow, as it will be passed down to her sons, aka. the grandchildren of the queen?
__________________
  #88  
Old 11-29-2007, 02:58 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principessa Cano View Post
Forgive my ignorance but won't the tiara they gave to Alexandra make its way back into the family anyhow, as it will be passed down to her sons, aka. the grandchildren of the queen?
IF it will be passed down to her sons. Alexandra could sell it before either Nikolai or Felix have any need for a tiara, or simply not give them the tiara
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #89  
Old 11-29-2007, 03:45 AM
Mandy's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 6,927
I realize that discussing jewelry may be quite fascinating, but let's try to focus on the "Lead-up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding". You can discuss tiaras in the following threads:

Mary's Jewelry thread
Marie Cavallier's Jewelry thread
Alexandra's Jewelry thread

Thanks,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator
  #90  
Old 11-29-2007, 03:49 AM
lise's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: somewhere in, Australia
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I hope they buy her something and do not repeat the big mistake of giving away a family tiara! - the royal family does not have enough tiaras to keep giving them away.
It would also look strange to me to give two DILs tiaras from the family collection and not the DIL who is a CP.
I still lament the tiaras that have left the family, queen Alexandrine's diamond drop and not least the khedive tiara (the 'wedding' tiara which queen Ingrid bequeathed to Anne-Marie)
If they give Marie a tiara they should put a cause in the pre-nup, so that if Joachim and Marie divorce she has to give the tiara back.
__________________
  #91  
Old 12-19-2007, 08:17 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
I haven't been on TRF a lot since I moved to Texas. I have to say that I'm a bit late on my congrats to couple on the occassion of their engagement. I hope they have a happy life together and produce little princes and princess.
__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
  #92  
Old 12-30-2007, 01:18 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
According to DRWs, via Billed Bladet, there will be a mega concert celebration in honor of Joachim and Marie's upcoming wedding. They note:

Quote:
The music company World of Sound is behind the national gift, which will feature both modern and classical music
Read more about it here
__________________
  #93  
Old 12-30-2007, 04:21 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,376
Is this similar to the concert Fred & Mary had? Its nice to see them getting this since its also Joachim's second wedding, you wouldve expected it small and quite and not so much to be going on. I think both deserve it. The band that will play during the concert is it one of Joachims & Marie's fav's? Looking forward to this. Thanks for the article
  #94  
Old 12-30-2007, 06:31 AM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Is this similar to the concert Fred & Mary had? Its nice to see them getting this since its also Joachim's second wedding, you wouldve expected it small and quite and not so much to be going on. I think both deserve it. The band that will play during the concert is it one of Joachims & Marie's fav's? Looking forward to this. Thanks for the article

i agree, it's surprising. however, it looks as if it was going to be of similar dimensions as rock and royal, held for frederik and mary. i'm quite looking forward to it!
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #95  
Old 01-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Here is a nice series of photos highlighting the engagement day as well as the build up to it (hence the romance between Joachim and Marie).
__________________
  #96  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:19 PM
royaltyforever's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: *, Netherlands
Posts: 24
Soem questioned if mary would be bridesmade but i think it is impossible because bridesmades are usually unmarried women.

I hope it will be broadcasted on tv and we can see lots of pictures. i am getting married myself too so i am more than ever interested in royalweddings! I think i am going to check the royal weddng dresses to get some ideas for my own.

Does anyone know who will be the designer of Marie's gown? I loved Mary's to, who was this designed by? I also love the dresses of the belggian designer who designed for both Mathilda and Laurentien.
__________________
  #97  
Old 01-25-2008, 04:12 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: n, France
Posts: 610
Mary's gown was designed by Uffe Frank. It is not known yet who is the designer for Marie's dress...
__________________
  #98  
Old 01-25-2008, 04:27 AM
jmj21983's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: everywhere, United States
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltyforever View Post
Soem questioned if mary would be bridesmade but i think it is impossible because bridesmades are usually unmarried women.
Well, anything is possible because two out of three of Mary's bridesmaids were married women!
__________________
  #99  
Old 01-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 462
I was going to ask about Marie's dress designer. Thanks for the updated info.

Does anyone have an idea when we will start getting information about the wedding?

Will they give out any information or was Mary's wedding of more interest because she was going to be the crown princess?
__________________
  #100  
Old 01-25-2008, 08:29 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 2,996
It's shame that we cannot see more pictures of Marie now! I cannot understand why, before the engagement day we could get to see her every week but now we have never seen her again since one or two photos from Christmas. To me that is really strange. Why keep things like that!!!!
__________________

__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Closed Thread

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Joachim & Princess Marie's Official Trip to China; November 22-29, 2009 Ccile Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 66 12-07-2009 05:49 PM
Patronages of Prince Joachim & Princess Marie dazzling Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 1 09-10-2009 05:29 PM
Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby principessa Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 390 07-26-2009 11:56 AM
Lead-up to the Diamond Wedding Aniversary, 20 November 2007 PrincessofEurope Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh 138 04-09-2008 11:25 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman picture of the month pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]