Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
since we are getting quite close to the wedding, has any official calendar of events been released? i recall frederik and mary's wedding events started 5 or 6 days before the wedding...

when is the concert taking place?

since we are getting quite close to the wedding, has any official calendar of events been released? i recall frederik and mary's wedding events started 5 or 6 days before the wedding...

when is the concert taking place?

There won't be a concert. It was cancelled earlier.

Here's the calendar of events

22. May
Joachim and Marie are received officially at Tønder rådhus.

The night before the wedding - a ball hosted by the Queen at Gråsten.

Wedding day:
15.45 – 16.20
The guests arrive Møgeltønder Church.

The groom arrives.

16.32 – 16.55
The bridal couple's closest relatives and the royals arrive.

The bride arrives with her father..

17.00 – 18.00
Wedding. Ceremony by bishop Erik Norman Svendsen.

The bridal couple and the closest family drive to Schackenborg

18.15 – 19.15
The rest of the guests to reception at Ecco Center.

Dinner and party at Schackenborg.

I just saw the documentary - thank you for providing the link. :flowers:

I really like Marie - but then I have liked her from the beginning. I think the way she approaches her new life is one that has a good chance to be successful. The way she talks about the stations of her former life was moving - she obviously learned a lot from her being only part of patchwork families from the beginning. I didn't know she has two sets of stepbrothers, elder and younger ones, from her father's and her mother's side but no 100% sibling. She has never been able to find roots but adopted to life as it came along. Now she seems to feel that she has found a man and a country in which to settle for good ans she seems to be willing to work for that aim.

I really liked how she talked about Shakenborg to her mother and her elder brother, she stressed that it's away from Copenhague, that it's in the countryside and that Joachim is a farmer there enjoying that work. That the castle, while being a castle, is cosy and a home - she really seems to share Joachim's unpretentious lifestyle while on the other hand she obviously is willing to do her duty as a princess for the Royal family and for Denmark and its people.

She appeared to be rather guileless and somehow I believe that's what she is - her first experiences with the media show this side of her and that she broke up with Joachim to think about what life with him would mean had a very honest quality to it.

Yes, she convinced me that she really never wanted to be a princess but that she searched for an honest man to trust and to base a family on that trust.

I wish them all the best. :flowers:

Will the media have access to the ball? I know that only the Palace Chapel is open to the public, generally, so I'm not so sure we'll see very much of this ball which would be a real shame.

Last edited:
As a wedding gift, Joachim and Marie have received a bathtub which can hold 790L :D The bathtub is 180cm long and 140cm in width. "Big enough for the whole family" as the article says :D

jp.dk - Arkiv

Why on earth would you need such a big bathtub?.lol...uh, never mind...:D

What a strange gift to give, I can't see that on a bridal registry:ermm::)

There won't be a concert. It was cancelled earlier.

Here's the calendar of events

22. May
Joachim and Marie are received officially at Tønder rådhus.

The night before the wedding - a ball hosted by the Queen at Gråsten.

Wedding day:
15.45 – 16.20
The guests arrive Møgeltønder Church.

The groom arrives.

16.32 – 16.55
The bridal couple's closest relatives and the royals arrive.

The bride arrives with her father..

17.00 – 18.00
Wedding. Ceremony by bishop Erik Norman Svendsen.

The bridal couple and the closest family drive to Schackenborg

18.15 – 19.15
The rest of the guests to reception at Ecco Center.

Dinner and party at Schackenborg.

Why is the concert cancelled?

As a wedding gift, Joachim and Marie have received a bathtub which can hold 790L :D The bathtub is 180cm long and 140cm in width. "Big enough for the whole family" as the article says :D

jp.dk - Arkiv

Who give them the wedding gift?

According to the article, the gift was from the Hjerl Hedes. You can read more about the museum here

Last edited:
Now I undestand the "why" of this gift. What and interestic and dimamic museum.!

So the friends are going to Ecco center and the family is going to Schackenborg?What is Ecco Center???

So the friends are going to Ecco center and the family is going to Schackenborg?What is Ecco Center???

Well, the rest of the wedding party are going to the Ecco center (a conference center owned by the shoe manufacturer Ecco) for an reception of an hour, before joining the dinner at Schackenborg. I imagine it is done like that, so that all the official pictures can be taken, and then Marie and Joachim be free to greet the guests when they arrive.

Is Marie going to get the order? And if so, when?

Sorry, What is the Order?

The Order of the Elephant, or some other exotic animal.

It's the light blue sash that all the royals wear.

The Order of the Elephant, or some other exotic animal.

It's the light blue sash that all the royals wear.

Oh yes now I understand! Thank you!

The Order of the Elephant (acdc1 was correct with the animal..hehe) which is the highest Order of Chivalry in Denmark.

According to Billed Bladet, the music programme for the wedding has been announced:

Billed-Bladet - Tema: Musikken til brylluppet

I would never have guessed ever that Copacabana would be used during a royal wedding reception! :D

haha, me neither. But how about Greased lightnin' then! That's not the most used music either I presume! :D This sure is going to be a unique wedding!
Can't wait to see her dress!

According to Billed Bladet, the music programme for the wedding has been announced:

I would never have guessed ever that Copacabana would be used during a royal wedding reception! :D

Barry Manilow?!:eek::lol:

Uh, well what ever floats their boat... it ain't my wedding. I see they also decided on I've got you under my skin. I wonder if they decided on this version instead of the original.

YouTube - Neneh Cherry - I Got U Under My Skin (Red Hot + Blue)

If they did, then the couple are way cooler than I originally thought, but that's my lowly opinion.

Last edited:

It won't :)
If you see the specification at BilledBladet Copacabana, Grease Lightning etc. is for the after-dinner dance (where the media has no access).

This will be used when the guests are received:
Musik ved modtagelse af gæster: (Music when receiving guests)
Prins Joachims march
Han kommer med sommer
Le regiment de Sambre et Meuse
I skovens dybe stille ro
Schackenborg march
Le Pere La Victoire
Can't help falling in love
Kong Frederik d. 9 honnørmarch
Souvenirs de France
H.K.H. Dr. M d. 2 parademarch

"Taffelmusik" is probably played during dinner, "Musik til dansen (med solist)" is music for the after-dinner dance - with singer, "Musik til dansen (orkester)" is after-dinner dance with orchestra

They will also play She by Charles Aznavour . :ermm::ohmy::eek::rolleyes: Sorry, but... uh, wow.

The rest of the list is meh, except for Stevie Wonder and The Chairman of the Board himself, Mr. Frank Sinatra, both are beyond brilliant.

Last edited:
Good choices in Stevie Wonder and Mr New York New York himself.

Stella

So, Userdane, which piece will Marie be marching down the aisle to? I'm too lazy to translate and read it myself... sorry.;):D

So, Userdane, which piece will Marie be marching down the aisle to? I'm too lazy to translate and read it myself... sorry.;):D
It doesn't say as far as I can see :) - perhaps they wish to keep that as a last-minute surprise.
TV2 had a bit of info about the wedding this morning - the editors from Se&Hør and Billedbladet were interviewed and both complained that the celebrations will be closed to the media at 8 p.m. Henrik Quottrop from S&H of course launched his usual 'we are the ones paying for this... we should have access... and bl.a. bl.a. ;)

Well, he does have a point if the people are in fact paying for it... I mean come on.

Moving on, so dr.dk and tv2.dk will air the wedding online, right? Again, it's super late in the evening here in L.A. and I'm too lazy to research it myself.:D;) By the way, it's good to "see" you again, UD:flowers:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom