Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to an article on the front page of this site, yes, May 20th, was reported by the royal court. Seems odd, four days short of her being four months old. They are usually around 3 months, usually a bit before. It's hard enough waiting on the name, without adding another month.

Yes its definitely May 20th at 5pm, the news is on the official website. Seems a long time to wait but it's not really. I think we are all just so impatient to hear her names!!

I wonder why it's four months and not three.Like everyone else,I cant wait to hear the name!

I think it's because it'll be warmer here around May-June. But then again, you can't be guaranteed good weather in Denmark no matter what time the year it is.

Can't wait to see the official pics of the new princess. They are late this time with the pics.

I think it's because it'll be warmer here around May-June. But then again, you can't be guaranteed good weather in Denmark no matter what time the year it is.

Didn't stop the twins from being baptized in april after a January birth. Winter baptisms have been no issue. Christian was baptized in January. And Nikolai in November. They have all been winter/early spring/late fall except Isabella and Henrik.

3 months, 4 months. The child is still in infant. Whats the big deal? Does it really matter? Maybe it was just a scheduling issue getting all of the family together on the same date.

Didn't stop the twins from being baptized in april after a January birth. Winter baptisms have been no issue. Christian was baptized in January. And Nikolai in November. They have all been winter/early spring/late fall except Isabella and Henrik.

Well IMO, Møgeltønder is way prettier in the summer/warmer months, very ideal for a christening. But as NGalitzine very wisely pointed out, April or May - does it really matter?

Christening is set at 5 pm, late may will be better (more daylight) that April. I can wait that long, but I hope for pictures soon.

3 months, 4 months. The child is still in infant. Whats the big deal? Does it really matter? Maybe it was just a scheduling issue getting all of the family together on the same date.

I think the point is, every royal baptism has been 3 months, or just before. So why the sudden break with tradition?

Beyond that, people are just anxious as because unlike the Swedes, we don't get to know the name. So four months is an extra wait to hear it.

Today I suddenly started hoping that they pick a completely unexpected name the way the Crown Princess Couple of Sweden did.

Noble Consort Ming said:
Today I suddenly started hoping that they pick a completely unexpected name the way the Crown Princess Couple of Sweden did.

Any guesses about the infant princess' first name? My guess is Margrethe.

Any guesses about the infant princess' first name? My guess is Margrethe.

I have some guesses which might seem random but I went over both names of Danish and French princesses to come up with them(plus threw in some wildcard guesses). With a son named Henrik I don't think they will go with Margrethe. I also feel that Margrethe is being saved for Christian's first daughter(I know, thinking way ahead here).

Anyway, these are my guesses:

Dagmar - I feel if they go super traditional as I feel they did with Henrik they might go with this

Cecile (or the Danish form of this name) - no real reason just have a feeling about it

Yolande - a wildcard but the name of some French princesses from the past

Victoria
-making a connection to Queen Victoria and the Swedish crown princess

Genevieve - some form of this name is again a wildcard guess

Johanna(not sure if this is the Danish form) - just a gut feeling on this one

Stephanie - again, just a gut feeling on this one

I also feel that Margrethe is being saved for Christian's first daughter(I know, thinking way ahead here).

I know this wont be an issue until in MANY years, it might not be an issue at all if Christian doesn't have any daughters, but I hope the for a potential first daughter, Christian will choose Ingrid over Margrethe, Margrethe is such a terribly old-fashioned name.

Johanna(not sure if this is the Danish form) - just a gut feeling on this one

The Danish version would be Johanne :flowers:
I love the name Joanna though, Princess Joanna sounds pretty cute.

HH princess ingrid johanne margarethe nathalie of denmark

Last edited:
Johanna is also a danish name, so they could choose to use this form of the name :flowers:

Oh, I never knew. I just know way more Johanne's than Johanna's so I figured that was the most common used Danish version of the name :)

Oh, I never knew. I just know way more Johanne's than Johanna's so I figured that was the most common used Danish version of the name :)
It´s in no doubt the most common form (Johanne) in Denmark, but they could choose to go with Johanna :)

how would be Greta instead of Margrethe?

My guesses:
Greta Emma Francoise Odile
Clara Odile Margrethe Francoise/Clara Louise Margrethe Francoise
Margrethe Emma Ingrid Odile
Emma Louise Margrethe Francoise

Archduchess Zelia said:
I know this wont be an issue until in MANY years, it might not be an issue at all if Christian doesn't have any daughters, but I hope the for a potential first daughter, Christian will choose Ingrid over Margrethe, Margrethe is such a terribly old-fashioned name.

The Danish version would be Johanne :flowers:
I love the name Joanna though, Princess Joanna sounds pretty cute.

Denmark already has Princess Josephine and i think that another 'Jo' in the family would be too much. Also, there is a Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway already. I am just hoping for a traditional, yet up-to-date name. 'Frederika' maybe?

The name 'Estelle' is just too old-fasioned, and she would made fun of if she was not a princess and future queen of Sweden. What an awful name for a beautiful child.

And just one Princess Stephanie in this world is enough.

I'm still hoping for a Beatrice, Astrid, Philippa (or the more common Danish spelling, Filippa) or Caroline, I think that all those names go well with the boys' names.

Denmark already has Princess Josephine and i think that another 'Jo' in the family would be too much. Also, there is a Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway already. I am just hoping for a traditional, yet up-to-date name. 'Frederika' maybe?

The name 'Estelle' is just too old-fasioned, and she would made fun of if she was not a princess and future queen of Sweden. What an awful name for a beautiful child.

And just one Princess Stephanie in this world is enough.

I can't imagine that would stop them from giving her a name they really like that begins with a 'Jo'. Now obviously it is limited with names that begin with 'Jo', but as long as they don't name her Josephine (or Josefine), I don't see the problem. Also, I said that I'd hope that Christian would name a potential first daughter Ingrid, I wasn't suggesting the name for the little sleeping beauty here.

I wonder if the French-side of the family gets a nod this time? After all, both Henrik and Marie are French. Perhaps Renee after Henrik's mother? Francoise after Marie's mother?

Renee Francoise Ingrid Margrethe
Margrethe Francoise Marie Ingrid

suztav said:
I wonder if the French-side of the family gets a nod this time? After all, both Henrik and Marie are French. Perhaps Renee after Henrik's mother? Francoise after Marie's mother?

Renee Francoise Ingrid Margrethe
Margrethe Francoise Marie Ingrid

Renee Ingrid Mari(a)(e) Francoise, or something out of the box, such as Chantel, Michelle, Michaela, or Magdalen(e)(a)?

I really hope it won't be Margrethe (siblings named Henrik & Margrethe is just a no no in my book). Or some French name that isn't really used in Denmark.

An old danish name would be great. Maybe some of the old princess names like Dagmar, Amalie or Charlotte.
And I'm still a bit hooked on the name Julie.

Are we there yet? lol

Danish girl said:
I really hope it won't be Margrethe (siblings named Henrik & Margrethe is just a no no in my book). Or some French name that isn't really used in Denmark.

An old danish name would be great. Maybe some of the old princess names like Dagmar, Amalie or Charlotte.

Are we there yet? lol

Also like your choice of names. It least one thing for, you can count out 'Alexandra. Is 'Julie' a name used on Denmark?
Are we there yet? I hope not - speculation is lots of fun and gives one time to relax while while thinking. Any other ideas for NYN's name?

Are we there yet? lol

Dagmar, I have such a severe love for that name, also Henrik and Dagmar goes really well together. I'd love to have a little 'Prinsesse Dagmar'. There's the pronunciation difficulties though, I'm not sure how you say Dagmar in French for instance.

Princess Louise/a/Cecilie/Sophia/Viktoria/Anna

Middle names perhaps: Margrethe/Francoise/Odile/Ingrid

I would be shocked if margrethe doesn't feature as a middle name but I'm really hoping it isn't the first name. I think having siblings Henrik and Margrethe would be too much.

I also think a Mathilde would be great. Freya is also lovely. Too many to chose from!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately I've been thinking that it might be Charlotte or Gabrielle both French but they have Nordic equivalents.

I would be very surprised if there wasn't an Odile in there somewhere (but then again, the DRF and their choice of names has surprised me before).

Caroline Ingrid Francoise Odile
Philippa Odile Francoise Margrethe
Mathilde Dagmar Odile Margrethe
Beatrice Odile Marie Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom