Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always loved Margo and Jacqueline---which can be spelled numerous ways

Marie is such a marvelous mother she would do well with Twins............any twins in their family? But the most important thing is that the baby/babies are healthy & happy. Joachim has always been a hands on father--Nikolai & Felix are lucky to be so well loved by so many people

If a girl, I'm willing to bet six, no seven, bananas that one of the names will be in honor of our Marie's grandmother, whom she is so close to.

Princess Marie`s grandmother is named Odile, right? I agree, it would be lovely to use the name of beloved grandmother as one of the names for their daughter (if it`s a girl, of course).

I guess the child is a girl.

I think the younger sister to Nikolai William Alexander Frederik, Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian, Henrik Carl Joachim Alain will be named:

Margrethe Amalie Marie Françoise or
Emma Frederikke Ingrid Odile or
Margrethe Emma Ingrid Odile
Emma Louise Margrethe Francoise

and a boy
Victor Oscar Johann Benjamin
Lucas Christoffer Axel Benjamin
Oscar Johan Erik Eduard

i found this list in the internet with popular baby names in Denmark:
Mest populære navne for danskere født i et bestemt år - Danmarks Statistik

Godparents:
- Gregory Grandet
- Edouard Cavallier
- Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- 2 more friends, possible: Henriette Steenstrup

Last edited:
I still believe it's a girl (if it's not, I refuse to believe that P Joachim is able to produce girls, lol).
I can imagine they'd give her a name like Amalie, Caroline or Daisy (since P Henrik was named after the Prince Consort, I would say it's possible), or maybe just another version of Queen Margrethe's name, like Margaret or Margaretha.
I'm pretty blank on boys names, but maybe Michael or Victor.

I think that there will be a girl. Statistically, higher is probability to be a girl then a boy.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to maths and statistics in general, but I don't think that you can make a such thing up in statistics and that it's pretty much just 50/50. But I might be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to maths and statistics in general, but I don't think that you can make a such thing up in statistics and that it's pretty much just 50/50. But I might be wrong.
Yeah, I thought the same thing too!!

For a little princess I thought this would be a nice combination:

Louise Odile Francois Margrethe

I still believe it's a girl (if it's not, I refuse to believe that P Joachim is able to produce girls, lol).
I can imagine they'd give her a name like Amalie, Caroline or Daisy (since P Henrik was named after the Prince Consort, I would say it's possible), or maybe just another version of Queen Margrethe's name, like Margaret or Margaretha.
I'm pretty blank on boys names, but maybe Michael or Victor.

Statistically, you're right, it is 50/50. Although my mother told me that biologically, the more of one sex you have, the more likely it is that the child will be of that same sex.

Girl, hoping for a girl.

Renee Odile Francoise Margarethe
Renee-henrik's mother
odile-Marie's grandmother
Francoise- Marie's mother
Margarethe-Joachim's mother

Marguerita Odile Francoise Ingrid
Marguerita-Henrik's grandmother (French) but also a form of Margarethe (queen) and Magaret (Margaret of Connaught, the queen's grandmother)
Odile-Marie's grandmother
Francoise- Marie's mother
Ingrid- for Queen Ingrid of Denmark, Joachim's grandmother

Dorothea Margarathe Francoise Odile
Dorothea-name common in the Danish royal tree
Margarethe-Joachim's mother
Francoise-Marie's mother
Odile-Marie's grandmother

Boys are less fun to name, especially after three

Prince Bendt Edvard Francois Anders
Bendt- Danish masculine of Benedikte, for Joachim's Aunt
Edvard-Danish form of one of Marie's brothers
Francois-masculine form of Francoise for Marie's mother
Anders-Danish form of Andre, for Henrik's father

Prince Anders Francois Rikard Knud
Anders- Danish form of Andre for Henrik's father
Francois- for Marie's mother
Rikard- in honor of Joachim's uncle
Knud-for Prince Knud, who'd have been king if not for law changes

Prince Knud Francois Edvard Ulric
Knud-the queen's Uncle
Francois-Marie's mother
Edvard- Marie's half brother
Ulric-traditional royal name in Denmark

I'd like a Margot of Denmark

I hope so that it will be a girl!!! Maybe Margrethe or Ingrid?!

A little princess would be nice, after 3 princes as for the name maybe margarethe Ingrid Marie or just a combination of French and Danish names along with the name of the godparent.

I'd find it really cheesy, but they'll probably call a girl Margaretha, Margaret or Daisy, or something related to the name Margrethe - if they don't go all the way and call her, well, Margrethe.

I hope it's a girl!

Boy:
Erik Charles Frederik Rene

Girl:
Thyra Francoise Margrethe Marie

this time everyone want a little girl!

I have a feeling its a healthy baby girl this time!! but sons seem to be common so i dont know! haha
Knowing The names of Joachim's Three children i can imagine it will stick close to the vintage names..
I Think Jasper Or Charles.. For a boy
And A Girl.. I Can picture Renee or Odille.. Possibly even Benedikte..

There seems to be a pattern with the names of Joachim's children. With Nikolai and Felix, all 4 of their names are Danish, and Christian or Frederik is included. With little Henrik, Joachim's name is in place of Christian or Frederik, but the first given name always seems to be Danish, so I think they'll at the very least stick with that.

I like the sound of Erik; Felix, Nikolai, Henrik and Erik. Come to think of it, now both Frederik and Joachim have 4 children!

For a girl, it's hard to say because I don't believe it will be a girl; boys seem to run in the family. But if I had to choose, I think they may go with something like Thyra, Lovisa or maybe even Alexandrine.

For a girl, it's hard to say because I don't believe it will be a girl; boys seem to run in the family. But if I had to choose, I think they may go with something like Thyra, Lovisa or maybe even Alexandrine.

IMO a girl would be nice for a change, esp. for Joachim but maybe also for Marie! As for names I've given up a long time ago :). This kid will be the eighth of HM's grandchild generation and because of 'its' place in the line of succession and the prospect of a more or less civilian life, Joachim and Marie are free to dismiss tradition should they want to.

viv

I have as well a feeling it's a baby girl this time.
I think the name could be French or anyway classical aristocratic:
Charlotte,Elodie,Odille,Caroline,Eugenie,Helene,Emma,Rose,Anneliese,Lilie,Marianne,Marie-Isabelle.

Every day, I use to read this board to see if the baby is arrived. I hope it will be a girl

Girl - Dagmar. My favorite royal Danish name.

Another Boy - so Joachim will have 2 sons each from both of his first and second wives.

I'm quite sure that they will have another boy. But who knows! After all, as you say as long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

There seems to be a pattern with the names of Joachim's children. With Nikolai and Felix, all 4 of their names are Danish, and Christian or Frederik is included. With little Henrik, Joachim's name is in place of Christian or Frederik, but the first given name always seems to be Danish, so I think they'll at the very least stick with that.

Felix is not a particularly common name in Denmark (or let me put it this way, it might have gained more popularity in the last couple of years, but when Prince Felix was born it certainly wasn't common, I was very surprised) :flowers:

Let's really hope for a little girl this time !

Felix is not a particularly common name in Denmark (or let me put it this way, it might have gained more popularity in the last couple of years, but when Prince Felix was born it certainly wasn't common, I was very surprised) :flowers:

I was looking like this :ohmy: when she said the name in the church that day. :ROFLMAO: Back then I though Felix was a name for cats or budgies. But it just suits him. :)

Can't wait for her to have that baby, so this game can really start. :D

I was looking like this :ohmy: when she said the name in the church that day. :ROFLMAO: Back then I though Felix was a name for cats or budgies. But it just suits him. :)

Can't wait for her to have that baby, so this game can really start. :D

So was I :p and all day long I was wandering around saying "well that's child abuse". :ROFLMAO: The name has grown on me though, I think it suits him quite well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom