Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eight royal babies within six years! (if all goes well) ... the DRF has not sported that many kids in recent history, not since the days of CP Frederik (later the Eight) and CP Lovisa in the late 19th century. King Christian X, King Frederik IX and Queen Margrethe each had two children.
Viv

Excuse my memory failure!:D: King Frederik IX had three daughters!

Viv

They had a boy last time, so I think they will have a girl this time. As long as the baby is healthy, it does not matter! Not good with Danish names- Wonderful news- now there are 2 royal little ones to look forward to!

I voted for a baby girl, but as long as the baby is healthy.
I notice they seem traditional so I hoping for:
Ingrid Frederica Victoria Marie
William Christian Allan Joachim
I really hope it's Ingrid but I'll settle for an Astrid since we already have a Princess Ingrid. I just hope The pregnancy goes well.

I would hope for Ingrid since I find it a very beautiful name.

I would like a girl but you can't always get what you want where babies are concerned...So I will guess two names, one boy, one girl and these are the names I hoped M&F would use for their twins but didn't...

Boys:
Oscar Harald Aage Frederik
Olafur Wilhelm Harald Christian

(love the idea of Joachim's boys being: Nikolai, Felix, Henrik and Oscar OR Nikolai, Felix, Henrik and Olafur)

Girls:
Charlotte Ingrid Marie Francoise
Anneke Margrethe Ingrid Francoise
Xenia Dagmar Ingrid Margrethe
Adelaide Marie Ingrid Francoise
Amelie Ingrid Margrethe Francoise

There will definitely being HUGE French influence on the girls name with the inclusion of Marie's mother name, Francoise, which is inevitable...Mary set the precedent by including both her parents names in her first born boy and girls name (John and Henrietta) and Marie included her father's name, Alain in Henrik's name, so if they have a girl, Francoise will go without saying...

A healthy baby- first and foremost.

Girl

Olivia Josefine Mathilde Francoise ( or maybe two Danish names & two French names )

I can't think of names for a boy right now, but I've been positively surprised by each of Prince Joachim's names for his boys :)

I guess Marie and Joachim's new baby will be a girl.
(I read that a girl was expected.)

Names Guesses:

Boy - Edouard Marie Francois Cavallier

Girl - Daisy Francoise Charlotte Odile
Girl - Francoise Odile Alexandrine Margrethe
Girl - Agatha Francoise Marie Camille
Girl - Rose-Marie Francoise Edwina Margrethe
Girl - Sophie Francoise Alexandrine Margrethe
Girl - Anna Francoise Marie Alexandrine
Girl - Adelheid Charlotte Ingrid Marie

Last edited:
I didn't realise that Marie is actually due BEFORE Victoria..I am hoping we get another announcement from Mary saying she is due in February with no. 5...Three babies in three months...happy happy...

And I might have to change my name guesses because i didn't realise J&M have a friend called Oscar (Sisebye)...So that is probably out...Although Mary used Josephine and she also has a friend/godparent to daughter, Josephine...

they might use more unusual Danish names like: Ludvig, Holger, Magnus, Maximilian, Milo, Octavius (imagine that!), Sebastian, Thomas, Xavier...I'll be back with more girls suggestions... ;)

Girl: Charlotte Marie Juliane Lovisa
Boy: Mikael Knud Christian Gustav

A girl: Francisca Margarethe Ingrid Marie
A boy: Valdemar Alain Christian Aage

I think that there will be a girl. Statistically, higher is probability to be a girl then a boy.

I am hoping we get another announcement from Mary saying she is due in February with no. 5...Three babies in three months...happy happy...
That is extremely unlikely as the twins are only 8 months old. Giving birth to three babies within 13 months sounds really rough! :ermm::ohmy::eek:

That is extremely unlikely as the twins are only 8 months old. Giving birth to three babies within 13 months sounds really rough! :ermm::ohmy::eek:

Unlikely but not impossible...It is tongue in cheek, but part of me really wishes it would happen...I know two ladies with babies close in age, one has a 10 month (I know! How did this happen?) gap between children and the other 12 months...

More Name Guesses:

Boy - Louis Andre Maximilian Gustav
Boy - Oscar Edouard Maximilian Andre
Boy - Edouard Francis Peter Ulrik
Boy - Benedict Edouard Francis Marie

Girl - Joan Agathe Ingrid Francoise
Girl - Clemence Ingrid Ulrika Louise
Girl - Agathe Louise Alexandrine Francoise
Girl - Louisa Catherine Alexandrine Francoise

I really hope that they will have a girl. I can imagine how beautiful and cute she would be. Just like her mother. If Joachim and Marie have a girl I think they will choose the names among these names:

Alexandrine
Caroline
Charlotte
Clara
Emilie
Françoise
Ingrid
Louise
Margrethe
Marie
Sophie

I would like that the princess would be named Emilie, it is a common name both in Denmark and France.

I like these combinations most:

Emilie Marie Louise Margrethe
Emilie Sophie Louise Margrethe
Emilie Françoise Louise Margrethe
Emilie Charlotte Louise Margrethe
Emilie Caroline Louise Margrethe

I really hope that they will have a girl. I can imagine how beautiful and cute she would be. Just like her mother. If Joachim and Marie have a girl I think they will choose the names among these names:

Alexandrine
Caroline
Charlotte
Clara
Emilie
Françoise
Ingrid
Louise
Margrethe
Marie
Sophie

I would like that the princess would be named Emilie, it is a common name both in Denmark and France.

I like these combinations most:

Emilie Marie Louise Margrethe
Emilie Sophie Louise Margrethe
Emilie Françoise Louise Margrethe
Emilie Charlotte Louise Margrethe
Emilie Caroline Louise Margrethe

I quite like Emilie Francoise Louise Margrethe! Or even Emilie Francoise Sophie Margrethe.

I am hoping they have a little girl! Princess Sophie Marie Agnes Margareta

I'd wish that they would give the baby a double name, I don't know why but I absolutely love double names and I think it's a shame that it isn't used as much anymore.

I can't imagine they'd pick any version of Alexandrine (because of Joachim's first marriage). Nor do they really have to select any historically royal names, since the child will be so distant from the throne. I think they'll choose something French.

Well of course the main thing is the baby is healthy.I did vote for a girl.

Usually if a man father three in a row of the same gender odds are the fourth is of the opposite sex.

Name? I have to give that some thought! But maybe Jacqueline for a girl

It's a girl!!!

Margrethe and Marie together in a name sounds redundant for me, so either Marie or Margrethe only.

How about:

Amelie Ingrid Francoise Margrethe

I like that, or for a boy:

Sebastian Holger Rene Frederik

I'd wish that they would give the baby a double name, I don't know why but I absolutely love double names and I think it's a shame that it isn't used as much anymore.
i really like double names too! i hope this time, they can use it^^
but for a girl is more pretty double names than boy!

Although I really, really am wishing for a girl, most practically I think it will be another boy. Joachim has already fathered 3 boys, and in biology, the more of one sex you have, the more likely you are to keep having children of that sex.

Girl: Thyra Louise Francoise Margrethe. An Astrid or Charlotte (sounds French!) would also be nice.

Boy: I really don't know for a boy. Nikolai and Felix are more "modern" names, while Henrik is more traditional (maybe has to do with the different tastes of their different mothers?). I think they'll go for a traditional name, maybe William or Frederik? Although things might be really confusing with two Henriks and two Frederiks! Young Henrik and Old Henrik and Young Frederik and "Old" Frederik!

acdc1 said:
Although I really, really am wishing for a girl, most practically I think it will be another boy. Joachim has already fathered 3 boys, and in biology, the more of one sex you have, the more likely you are to keep having children of that sex.

Girl: Thyra Louise Francoise Margrethe. An Astrid or Charlotte (sounds French!) would also be nice.

Boy: I really don't know for a boy. Nikolai and Felix are more "modern" names, while Henrik is more traditional (maybe has to do with the different tastes of their different mothers?). I think they'll go for a traditional name, maybe William or Frederik? Although things might be really confusing with two Henriks and two Frederiks! Young Henrik and Old Henrik and Young Frederik and "Old" Frederik!

I would love a little Astrid or Charlotte! As for a boy, I don't think Frederik will be chosen as seen with Bette Henrik not receiving either a Christian or Frederik in his name (possibly because he is quite far down the line from succession). I also suggested earlier a little Prince William, which I think is an adorable name but perhaps since Nikolai already has that as one of his names it won't be used?

Hope hope hope for a little girl. Hoping for a double pink year, with Victoria in sweden too.

I think they will go slightly traditional, family name like Henrik, but perhaps not royal. I hate when one reuses names from other children too.

so Joachim's three sons are

Prince Nikolai William Alexander Frederik
Nikolai- for his maternal aunt
william-maternal great grandfather
alexander- for his mother
frederik-for his paternal Uncle and tradition

Prince Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian
Felix-means happiness
Henrik-for grandfather (so they have double used a name before
Valdemar-royal name
Christian-royal name like cousin

Prince Henrik Carl Joachim Alain
Henrik-for prince consort
carl- Carl Bernadotte and Marie's brother
Joachim- dad
Alain-Marie's dad

so for a little girl I could see them doing something French for Marie but drawing in the family, possibly.

Princess Renee Francoise Margrethe Benedikte
Renee-French and Prince Henrik's mother
Francoise- Marie's mother
Margarethe- Joachim's mother
Benedikte- Joachim's Aunt

and for a little boy

Prince Andre (or Anders the Danish form) Rikard Francois Knud
Andre- Henrik's father, French name for Marie, or Anders as the Danish form
Rikard-Danish form of Richard for Joachim's Uncle
Francois-masculine of Francoise for Marie's mother as Henrik has Alain
Knud-Margarethe's Uncle, who would have been king if not for new laws

Anastasia Marie Ingrid Nathalia
Erik Christian Richard Constantine

Any pictures of a pregnant princess Marie yet? Because I guess a princess would be good but if it's a prince it's ok too. Anyways..
Prince Fredrick Joachim Francois Christian
Princess anne margarethe Louise Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom