The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

I thought Marie and Athena looks fabulous. JMHO, but Alexandra looked a bit swollen in her face.

As for the CP family -- Josephine looked adorable. Christian -- a mini-John Donaldson!

Old 04-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I heard in the video Alexandra saying Felix and he entered the Church with his brother and grand mother.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Is it just me or do Marie and Alexandra seem kind of standoffish towards each other?
I saw nothing strange but it will have been walking eggs for both ladies.

Prince Henrik is so immensely proud on his grandson. He can look a decisive pater familias but he seems to have a soft spot for his grandchildren.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

They may not hug each other, but I think Marie and Alexandra get along. This was from Nikolajs confirmation

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pyH0nkDY_N...E/s400/0a4.png

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 04-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Joachim should have been next to his Son Felix and not Marie.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Athena looks so much like her mother! Christian is the spitting image of his father, and little Josephine is growing up so fast.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Courtier

It would suit Nikolai to smile a bit. Why so serious??

Felix looks very happy and the rest of the children are adorable.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Prince Joachim should have been next to his Son Felix and not Marie.
In the video was to be seen that Prince Joachim directed the group. He stood next to Prince Felix but swapped places with Marie and moved one step lower than her, because of his height. Of course Marie is the mother of Felix' siblings, so it is logical that she has a prominent place, I think.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In the video was to be seen that Prince Joachim directed the group. He stood next to Prince Felix but swapped places with Marie and moved one step lower than her, because of his height. Of course Marie is the mother of Felix' siblings, so it is logical that she has a prominent place, I think.
I think it would have been even more logical, that the boys mother, Alexandra, would have been standing next to her son and not one step up on the side.
If someone who doesn't know who these people are looks at the video and photos, they probably think Marie is the mother. I thought it was odd.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVvdBmj...danskekongehus
Old 04-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I think it would have been even more logical, that the boys mother, Alexandra, would have been standing next to her son and not one step up on the side.
If someone who doesn't know who these people are looks at the video and photos, they probably think Marie is the mother. I thought it was odd.

Maybe, but Alexandra herself stayed next to Nicolaj and Marie initially stood next to Joachim when he directed her to a place next to Felix. Maybe it was agreed this way. Everyone looked comfortable with it, in the video.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

No Alexandra has to ask her Mum to move !
Joachim directed badly the Group.
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post

The problem isn't that Marie is standing beside Felix, but that the group is a bit uneven; on one side of the picture you have one group standing nicely lined up for a picture, on the other side you have a group looking like they're still getting into position.

Marie standing beside Felix is fine, as Joachim standing there would have thrown things off because of his height. Alexandra should have at the other side of her son, instead of a foot away and a stair higher, with her mother beside her, and Henrik and Athena should have been in front of/on either side of their brother. That way the group would have been fairly balanced, with Felix at the centre.
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina View Post
It would suit Nikolai to smile a bit. Why so serious??

Felix looks very happy and the rest of the children are adorable.
Because he's uncomfortable with being in the public glare?
Because he's a teen?
Because he is perhaps wearing braces?
Because he is serious?
- And so on...
Old 04-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

I think Felix should have sttod between his parents and Marie in the back with Prince Nicolai. It was like this for Nicolai's confirmation with Marie and then Martin in the back.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

These aren't official photos, just the family coming out of the church. And yes Joachim doing a quick and poor job directing them.

If you look at the actual official photos they are far better positioned

Officielle billeder fra Prins Felix' konfirmation | Kongehuset
Old 04-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Majesty

Nice galleries
like this photo of Isabella and Josephine. And Christian talking with his father, looks very handsome and grown up.
http://danapress.de/thumb.php/016042...RBSqkdfL4Q2Soa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

And Josephine almost stole the day.
I would so much like to see her and Athena on their own. Perhaps at the Grsten photo-shoot? If the weather is good the children (and adults) have been playing around the swings before.
Or perhaps at QMII's birthday at Marselisborg?
The terrace is large enough for the children to roam around freely.
Agree, they seem like a lot of fun. Hopefully Joachim and family make it to Grsten this year, but definitely for the Queen's birthday

thanks everyone for the pictures.
Felix looked happy, hope he has enjoyed his day

Is Henrik wearing his school uniform? With the seal on his coat or just the style?
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2017/PPE07040110.jpg
Old 04-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to Felix! He looked happy and that's really everything that matters – I really do think we're the only ones fretting about where people did and did not stand when they left the church The kids are all adorable – I see Nikolai has inherited his father's, eh, sense of fashion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Is it just me or do Marie and Alexandra seem kind of standoffish towards each other?
That would just be you.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Very relaxed atmosphere from the photos and great to see all the Royal Family there today for the Confirmation ceremony.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 04-01-2017, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
These aren't official photos, just the family coming out of the church. And yes Joachim doing a quick abd poor job directing them.

If you look at the actual official photos they are far better positioned

Officielle billeder fra Prins Felix' konfirmation | Kongehuset
agree 100%!! the official pictures are just perfectly positioned, the rest outside the church was poor.

imo christian looks like his grandfather john donaldson, he and his siblings/cousins already are/will be goodlooking young people.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Majesty

Beautiful family - but how do the site managers not look for and de-select photos with obvious underwear issues? Does the info office hate her, or are they simply asleep at the wheel?