Christening of Princess Athena: May 20, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

It's been announced today, March 9, that the daughter of Princess Marie and Prince Joachim
will be christened on Sunday, May 20th, 2012.

The christening will take place at the Møgeltønder Church in Møgeltønder at 5 pm.

Deres Kongelige Højheder Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Maries datter døbes søndag den 20. maj 2012 kl. 17.00 i Møgeltønder Kirke.

Kurt Bache
Kammerherre, oberst
Privatsekretær​

** source ** translation **​

Baptism information for the new Danish princess has been release by the DRF

Google Google Translate

*PROGRAM*

16.00 – 16.40
guests arrive at the church

16.45 – 16.55
The closest family and royal guests arrive at the church

Royal couple arrives at the church

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie arrive with little BonBönchen at the church

17.00 – 17.45
christening

The Royals and guests leave the church

Reception at Schackenborg

Will the christening of the little princess be broadcasted for non-Danes via Internet? Thank you!

Will the christening of the little princess be broadcasted for non-Danes via Internet? Thank you!

Well, both public service channels, DR1 and TV2, will show live from the christening. I'm not sure about live feeds inetrantionally, but the entire coverage usually ends up on the Net shortly after.

If the service begins at 5pm in Denmark that is 4pm here in the UK?

when will the list of godparents be released?

We will probably know at BIG DAY.

The guestlist, the information about the floral decorations, information about the music and the names of the godparents will be released around 16 o'clock. The information about the christening robe will be released at the same time as Prince Joachim and Princess Marie arrive. (around 17 o'clock) After the speeches in the church, they will be released. The name will be released, as accustomed, when it's pronounced. Official pictures of the family will be released on Monday 21 May.

Source: kongehuset.dk

I'm hoping that either Joachim and Marie will arrive with either all four children together, or on their own with the Princess and that the three boys travel with their grandparents. I don't want to see Nikolai and Felix arriving with the Queen and then Joachim and Marie with their two children together. Makes them seem too separate.

Hope we'll be able to follow the christening live on the internet like I did for Henrik's christening in 2009!

Hope we'll be able to follow the christening live on the internet like I did for Henrik's christening in 2009!

I fear it is more likely that video clips will be put out with a few minuttes delay, with a complete full length clip posted some hours later.

The problem is that since I am here in DK, I can't see whether the are live feeds viewable outside DK.

I suggest you keep a close eye on TV2 and DR1. Both channels will start to air live from 13.30 or so, so there should be plenty of time for our resident experts to find the best link, before the guests starts to arrive at 16.00.

The weather is fine today. Sunny, fairly warm with no rain in sight.

Last edited:
I fear it is more likely that video clips will be put out with a few minuttes delay, with a complete full length clip posted some hours later.

The problem is that since I am here in DK, I can't see whether the are live feeds viewable outside DK.

I suggest you keep a close eye on TV2 and DR1. Both channels will start to air live from 13.30 or so, so there should be plenty of time for our resident experts to find the best link, before the guests starts to arrive at 16.00.

The weather is fine today. Sunny, fairly warm with no rain in sight.

For sure I'm going to keep an eye on it!!

I am so excited. I cannot wait until its 16:00 and 17:00 o'clock.

The local newspaper Jydske Vestkysten is of course covering the christening intensively.

Here is an overview of all the articles (online) that are currently available: jv.dk - Aktuelle nyheder fra Syddanmark

With a gallery submitted by the readers: jv.dk - Aktuelle nyheder fra Syddanmark - Nyheder - Tønder - Prinsessedåb: Send os dine billeder fra festen
As you can tell the preparations are in full swing and it's pure village idyl.

ADDED: A mood report from BT: http://www.bt.dk/royale/dagen-foer-barnedaaben-bare-der-nu-er-nok
Here about a couple who own a cafe in the village. They are pretty delighted so far! The journalists are good costumers.
It's their first royal christening in Møgeltønder and their main worry is that they will run out of meatballs (frikadeller).
But they do know Joachim and our Marie from the daily life in the village. Pia Berg-Matzen tells: "We are used to seeing Marie driving by and wave to us. Recently she, Prince Joachim and little Prince Henrik came by for coffee and layered cake. Henrik really liked that, he munched away of the layered cake".
Unsurprisingly it means a lot to the locals that M&J are present in the village.
She adds firmly: "Here in Møgeltønder they are after all private and they are treated as such by us".

Last edited:
Maybe we can see it here live.

At the moment a nice program about princess Marie
DR1

I'm hoping to see some royals here like maybe Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie Chantal, maybe that crazy but beautiful Princess Camilla de Bourbon. I wonder if Princess Victoria will be here since her christening is in 2 days....anyway I'm excited.

Maybe we can see it here live.

At the moment a nice program about princess Marie
DR1

Then you have a live feed on your hands.

Both TV2 and DR1 are right showing a portrait of our Marie. That portrait is expected to end around 13.15 or so.

Jydske Vestkyten informs us that Alain Cavallier and Marie's brothers have been seen in Møgeltønder village.
M&J had a trial run earlier today as you can tell from some of the pictures.

For those among you who watch a DRF christening for the first time:
The baptismal font has been broght from Rosenborg Castle, where it is stored along with the crown jewels.
The font is made of silver and gold and it's from 1670.
Most DRF children since then have been baptized at this font.
The font is very fragile indeed and there is always last minute repairs.

It seems that it's possible to follow at least DR1 live from abroad, I can see it live in Sweden now. There is a program about princess Marie showing just now.

Here in Finland I can't see anything from DR, but the voice is coming, so I can hear them speaking.

The font is very fragile indeed and there is always last minute repairs.
Like making sure that the water actually stays in the font :whistling::whistling::whistling:
I´ve heard som stories about chewinggum being used :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Those two or three among you who are interested in dresses and shoes ;) are in luck.
Due to the good weather, the guests will be dropped off at Schackenborg Inn and from here they will stroll to the church.
The most grand guests, the Regent Couple, will be driven to the church.
There is a hope that M&F will be among those who will walk from the inn.

Anyway, the DRF are sure to pose outside the church.

After the christening the guests will again stroll from the church to Schackenborg Manor. - So lots of dresses in an idyllic setting coming up.

The official pictures will be released sometime after 18.00.

- And now I'll sign off. We are expecting guests shortly.

Do you think that Vincent and Josephine are among the guests?

According to Billedbladet, it is likely that we'll get to see Vincent and Josephine on the arms of Frederik and Mary, so I definitely hope so! :flowers:

Thankfully, I can see DR1 live right now; hopefully, they'll continue live coverage (for abroad) of the christening as well.

I'm really hoping to see all the kids at the Christening, including the children of the Crown Princely couple.

So happy I can watch this live! :flowers: :) And I'm surprised how much I can understand Danish. I definitely need to visit the country soon!

Do you think they'll show the whole thing live? I'm a bit worried because the player shows a timeline from 15:00 to 16:00, hopefully that doesn't mean they'll stop broadcasting then...

I can't wait to hear the name. And to find out who the godparents are. Is there a guest list somewhere?

:rose2: :princess: :daneflag:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom