Christening of Prince Henrik: July 26, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's actually quite funny because Marie always reminds me of Letizia because they are both quite small with tall husbands, and when they are pregnant they carry big - how funny both of these women named their kids after the mother/father-in-law, just like Sofia from Spain :)

I like the name but I didn't think they would have chosen Henrik for a first name. I never thought i'd see Carl as a middle name for a royal child. :flowers:
Does anyone know why Isabella was crying? Because she didn't like being away from her mother perhaps? :)

Well, this is his fourth grandson, maybe it was time to name one after him...

But his name is also included in the names of Felix and Christian

I did not expect the name Henrik but it is a nice name for the little boy. In the babys name, is there any name that is from Maries family?

I did not expect the name Henrik but it is a nice name for the little boy. In the babys name, is there any name that is from Maries family?
Carl is the danish version of godfather and Uncle Charles. And Maries father is named Alain

Alain after Maries father. :flowers:

Nikolai and Felix are making paper planes out of their programmes!:ROFLMAO:

Dazzling-Alain is Marie's father's name.

The Queen and Prince Henrik do not look pleased when they notice that Nikolai and Felix have begun to make paper airplanes out of their programs.

Nikolai and Felix are making paper planes out of their programmes!:ROFLMAO:

Aww how cute. :flowers:
I suppose they are easily bored children of that age. Felix fell asleep at the wedding last year.:)

The whole royal family looks extremely good. I like the name Henrik - it is a very nice gesture to name the baby after its grandpapa.

It will be confusing to have two Prince Henriks. Perhaps this is a signal that we will be calling grandfather Henrik, King Henrik.
Or maybe baby Henrik will go by Prince Henrik Carl. In any event, it is a lovely gesture to honor the grandfathers.
BTW, Carl is the Danish version of Charles, brother of Marie and the baby's godfather; and also a traditional Danish royal name.

Nikolai gave his paper airplane to Marie!!! :D

Felix and Nikolai are pretending to throw the planes as their father and stepmother stop by to greet them.

Joachim and Marie are now heading to Schackenborg. Joachim had his arm around his wife as they headed to the car with Prince Henrik. They are such a loving family.

Christian is sticking out his tongue, and waving his airplane at the media! Very cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
And Christian has got an airplane too! ;)

Nikolai and Felix are throwing each other with paper airplanes in Schackenborg! :lol:

Who is this lady in balck and white, signing authographs???

By the way, WHAT A WONDERFUL BABY !!! And such a nice ceremony, they are ALL beautifull!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The name Carl has been given almost every male who represent the house of Bernadotte. You see the eldest living Bernadotte stand in the guestlist Greve Carl Johan Bernadotte af Wisborg.

Who is this lady in balck and white, signing authographs???

The lady in black and white is Caroline Flemming. She is a baroness, and friend of the royal family. I think that she is also a model.

Who is that woman dressed in black and white who is giving autogramms? I found this quite strange - I mean, this is not her event, she is a guest.

The lady in black and white is Caroline Flemming. She is a baroness, and friend of the royal family. I think that she is also a model.

Thanks. She is very pretty and must be popular

Last edited:
The church service was really nice. I have to say I really like the atmosphere in that church.
Little Prince Henrik is really awesome. I really like the choice; Prince Henrik Sr. must be very proud.
I liked that the children were included during the christening.
I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see any hats. ;)

Back
Top Bottom