Christening of Prince Henrik: July 26, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any minute now, MAfan. I can't wait!

Principessa, one of the articles (can't remember which) said that Marie would carry the baby during the ceremony, as this has been a tradition.

Can't wait to hear the name.
The little prince is simply adorable: those big eyes of his can melt anyone's heart. He's extremely cute even when he's crying. :wub:

Marie, Mary and Joachim all looked great. And I missed Nikolai and Felix a lot.

Reminder: Empty posts will be deleted without notice. Empty posts are posts such as

He is so cute
Marie looks beautiful

Please use abit more information in the post when posting such posts

What are empty posts?

Empty posts are very short replies which have no appreciable informational content. Since these posts interrupt the flow of discussion, especially if there are large numbers of them, the moderators routinely remove them.

Thanks
Dazz

Any minute now, MAfan. I can't wait!

Principessa, one of the articles (can't remember which) said that Marie would carry the baby during the ceremony, as this has been a tradition.
I wait.
Being a Catholic, I don't know the program of a Lutheran Christening, and since I don't know Danish, I can't unbderstand it in the website of the DRF...

His name is:

Prince Henrik Carl Joachim Alain

Henrik Carl Joachim Alain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice name even though I didn't think that was going to be it.

Thats beautiful that he has same name as his grandpa, but dont like the name Hendrik.

I figured he would be named after his grandfather!

Henrik Carl Joachim Alain!

I've got eggs on my face ... the regal names were excluded ...:whistling:

Viv

In french it's Henri! it's a beautiful traditional name!

I love the whole name: Henrik Carl Joachim Alain

It's good thatall the children are involved in this ceremony! Isabella is a mummy's girl

I was SO SURPRISED. I didn't expect it at all, but I think it is a beautiful name :flowers: After Gran-pa' !

They will surely call him Henrik in Danish, Henry in French.

I'm surprised and at the same time I'm not. I wonder if they will call the little prince Henrik as it might be a little confusing. So, he's named after his grandfathers, his father and his uncle. It's a good name though! :)

A good choice for the name; the little Henrik has been great, very calm...
My first royal christening!

I guessed the correct first name -- Henrik -- although, I thought they would pronounce it "Henri" ... :ROFLMAO:

I have to say that it sounds a lil' bit cacophonous and I don't like it particulary.It was so tender that little Prince Henrik was smiling when the priest was putting water on his head...but now he's crying!!!

Which child is crying in the background? Isabella?

Henrik Carl Joachim Alain!

I've got eggs on my face ...

Viv

You look lovely....a bit smelly,but lovely....and all wrinkles are vamos tambien..:rolleyes:.:lol:

It was Isabella who was crying, wasn't it?

I think it was Isabella crying. It looked like Henrik was sleeping.

I wonder what happened to Isabella. She wouldnt go back to her seat and was on Mary's knee and the next minute she was very upset and making a lot of noise and Mary carried her out

I love the names, and most of them were pretty predictable (only 'Carl' was a bit of a surprise for me).
It was a really nice gesture to name the little Prince after his grandfather, I am sure Prince Henrik is very proud.

Well, this is his fourth grandson, maybe it was time to name one after him...

Back
Top Bottom