Christening of Prince Henrik: July 26, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was disappointed that Pavlos & MarieChantal did not attend, as well as Benedicktte's youngest daughter Nathalie did not attend.
Does Nathalie ever attend her Danish family affairs???

:previous:
I believe Nathalie had an equestrian event on the same day, so she couldn't have attended the christening.

:previous:
I believe Nathalie had an equestrian event on the same day, so she couldn't have attended the christening.

You are correct, Marsel. Princess Benedikte and her husband were also at Nathalie's event (which she won).

I was disappointed that Pavlos & MarieChantal did not attend, as well as Benedicktte's youngest daughter Nathalie did not attend.
Does Nathalie ever attend her Danish family affairs???

May I ask why you thought Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantal would have attended?

Nathalie attends quite a few royal events. I believe she was at Prince Henrik's 75th. :flowers:

I don't know if you already got the news, but Joachim told to danish press that they told to the prince consort Henrik on his birthday that his grandson would have the same name! that's the princess who told him!! it was certainly for him the best gift he has ever received!!!

Hovbloggen

May I ask why you thought Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantal would have attended?

Nathalie attends quite a few royal events. I believe she was at Prince Henrik's 75th. :flowers:

The reason I thought that Pavlos & Marie Chantal might attend was he is Joachim's first cousin...................
Its always nice when close family attend family functions

The reason I thought that Pavlos & Marie Chantal might attend was he is Joachim's first cousin...................
Its always nice when close family attend family functions

Perhaps the reason for Pavlos and Marie Chabtal not being ther was that they was going to have theire own christning of their youngest son...i have a fealing that ther is alot to prepare up to a christning ( i am not a parrent self and i don´t have anny younger siblings) Prince Henrik had his christning 26-7-09 and the littel greek prince had his christning 6-8-09.

Its also important to note that while most family members will like to attend all family events. Sometimes that is not possible. As previously mentioned, the Greek Crown Princely couple were also planning a christening, and maybe just maybe they had another family obligation to attend to that we are not privy to.

Either way, I thought it was a nice affair. Princes Marie looked beautiful and the children behaved as children do. I also think it was a nice touch to name the child after his grandfather.

Billed-Bladet has an article that talks about how little Prince Henrik was also christened in a Monpezat family ceremony at Schackenborg immediately after the christening in Mogeltonder:
Billed-Bladet - Lille prins Henrik velsignet med kongeligt ritual

His lips were rubbed with garlic and a drop of the family's Cahors wine was placed in his mouth. This has been done for centuries within the family, and is done to protect children against diseases, dangers, and also to bless them. Prince Joachim was christened in this manner, as were CP Frederik, Nikolai, Felix, Christian, and Isabella. The practice began in England with King Henry, who was also anointed with cloves of garlic and drops of wine after his birth.

Last edited:
Billed-Bladet has an article that talks about how little Prince Henrik was also christened in a Monpezat family ceremony at Schackenborg immediately after the christening in Mogeltonder:
Billed-Bladet - Lille prins Henrik velsignet med kongeligt ritual

His lips were rubbed with garlic and a drop of the family's Cahors wine was placed in his mouth. This has been done for centuries within the family, and is done to protect children against diseases, dangers, and also to bless them. Prince Joachim was christened in this manner, as were CP Frederik, Nikolai, Felix, Christian, and Isabella. The practice began in England with King Henry, who was also anointed with cloves of garlic and drops of wine after his birth.

that's a really interesting tradition. i never heard of it.

i was wondering who christian scherfig is exactly. i couldn't find what his relationship with joachim and marie is - is he friends with joachim perhaps?

that's a really interesting tradition. i never heard of it.

i was wondering who christian scherfig is exactly. i couldn't find what his relationship with joachim and marie is - is he friends with joachim perhaps?

I'm not sure, Carlota, but he attended the By Malene Birger fashion show with Marie and Britt Siesbye in Copenhagen yesterday. Perhaps he is Marie's friend?

Yes, an interesting tradition. I understand that garlic was used to ward off evils (including diseases). There is a garlic soup which Spaniards have for getting over colds...

I wonder how infants react to the garlic / wine combination.

I suddenly wanted to see the christening today but the video has been removed anyone know where else I can still see it? Sorry for bumping this thread.

I found a cute video on Youtube, obviously broadcasted shortly before or after Henrik's christening (didn't know exactly where else to put it):
video

It also features something about Joachim and Marie's personal life and I think her learning Danish. Very likeable :)

Back
Top Bottom