Baby Girl for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie: January 24, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the photos we can feel that all of 3 boys are very happy.

Congratulations!! Prince Joachim must be very happy to have a little princess, after three boys!

How cute! The boys brought their little sister (or mom?) a present which was wrapped in christmas paper (it had little reindeers printed on it).

Did I understand it right from Ekstra Bladet's articles?

Ekstra Bladet - Prins Henrik: Jeg skal ikke give hende mlk

Ekstra Bladet - Prins Nikolai: Hber hun ligner mig

Two reporters ran after Prince consort Henrik as the Queen and he were leaving the hospital and asked him if he had held the baby to which he answered "Ah, no... She's too small yet. I'm not the one who's going to give her milk." :lol: I also love the other article where Prince Nikolai was asked if he has any wishes regarding his little sister's looks when he was going to see the little princess. Nikolai answered: "I hope she looks like me." :lol:

I just love this family! :ROFLMAO: My favourite royal family... :)

:previous:
You are spot on :)

Both Nikolai and Prince Henrik are jokers.:p

An interesting little article from Jyllands Posten: Ingen fransk salut for prinsessen

While there is a considerable interest for the birth here in Scandinavia, it is hardly mentioned at all in French papers. Despite our Marie being French and QMII also marrying French.
The paper asked a reseracher in French culture at Copenhagen University, Henrik Petersen, why that is so.

He explains that the French are certainly very interested in royalty - in neighbouring countries. Like Britain and Spain and Belgium (being partly French speaking). Everybody else, no.
Also, Joachim is a secondary Prince, and as such he and Marie is not considered of interest.
And on top of that Denmark is too far away from France, culturally and language wise.

Last edited:
Hurray, a PRINCESS! Congrats to Marie, Joachim, Nikolai, Felix and Henrik! (and to the both couples of grandparents, of course!)

:bunny::daneflag::franceflag::princess2::baby::duckie::fireworks:

And I will break the general opinion and say they will have ONE MORE.

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy that Prince Joachim FINALLY has a daughter, and that there is another girl cousin for Isabella and Josephine to play with. Josephine and this new little princess will be around the same age!

Congratulations!!!!!

My favourite royal family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay. Congratulations to J & M and their family. The joyful birth of a beautiful princess to add to an already celebratory month for the DRF.

Like everyone else, I look forward to seeing photos soon.

Many congratulations to the Danish royal family. I am sure she will be a cutie. I can't wait to find out her name and who her godparents are. :D

Does anyone know where I can see the video from when Marie left hospital with little Henrik? I would like to relive that before we see the new little princess. Many thanks.

So happy they had a girl! No doubt she'll have daddy and her 3 brothers wrapped around her little finger for years to come.

YAY!!! A lovely little Princess!!

Congratulations to the Family!!!

Welcome to the World Little One!!! :eek:D

Exciting news, happy that it's a girl. After having only two sons herself, I wonder if the Queen ever thought she'd have this many grandchildren. Having said that she would have loved to have more children, she must be very happy that she has 8 grandchildren. The family, father, brothers, grandparents, uncle and aunt look absolutely thrilled and rightly so.

Hurray, a PRINCESS! Congrats to Marie, Joachim, Nikolai, Felix and Henrik! (and to the both couples of grandparents, of course!)

:bunny::daneflag::franceflag::princess2::baby::duckie::fireworks:

And I will break the general opinion and say they will have ONE MORE.

Biri - I agree!

I am happy for the couple and wish their family peace and joy. And one more "for the road!"

I am so happy for the entire Royal family. I absolutely LOVE this family, because even though they are royal, they really are a family. Wow 4 children each, what a wonderful gift for the grandparents.
Nikolai looks so proud and happy, what a great protective circle this little girl is going to have, God Bless her!!:princess3::fireworks:

Two reporters ran after Prince consort Henrik as the Queen and he were leaving the hospital and asked him if he had held the baby to which he answered "Ah, no... She's too small yet. I'm not the one who's going to give her milk."

Prince Henrik is quite funny, you never know what his reply is going to be but he does manage to crack you up.

I'm so very pleased that it's a girl! It's wonderful news for Joachim, Marie and the boys and also for the royal family! Can't wait to find out the little princesses names!

Last edited:
Prince Henrik is quite funny, you never know what his reply is going to be but he does manage to crack you up.

The Prince Consort is rather brazen with his retorts I've noticed. Much like the Duke of Edinburgh, although Philip genuinely doesn't care what he says half the time. Both men have a tendancy to respond with the odd sarcastic yet humerous comment.

Does anyone know where I can see the video from when Marie left hospital with little Henrik? I would like to relive that before we see the new little princess. Many thanks.

Here you go: VIDEO: Gense Joachim og Marie vise første barn frem - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland

Back then our Marie's command of Danish wasn't as good as now. However, she was clearly overjoyed and willing to talk.
This time, I expect we will see a lot more talkative Marie leaving the hospital.

There have been a lot of articles in the papers regarding the future of this little new Princess. The general consensus is that she can expect to live an almost normal life except for the odd attendance at some royal events.
The big question in my eyes is to see who among the children will, or rather is willing to, inherit Schackenborg.

At least one commentator points to the fact that we will se a whole circle of royal celebrity youths emerge, starting with Nikolai and Felix in just a few years. - Thus keeping the tabloids and weeklies busy.
Another commentator points to the fact that a lot of children helps to maintain a positive attitude towards the DRF. - Children are good news and usually happy news.
The DRF policy with having the children out in the open, actively taking part in various activities and as in Christian's case being on the job from very early on is also good stuff and even better PR.
Not to mention that children by their very nature are full of "happy event stories". After this birth and christening, comes Isabella's first day in school, then Nikolai's confirmation and so on. Which we are going to follow from the front row.

- Well, we'll see. There are eight children. Statistically speaking at some point some of them will do something unfortunate. That's life and a part of growing up. What will be interesting is to see how the DRF-parents will deal with that and how it will be viewed by the public (the tabloids will naturally have a field day). Hopefully it will mean that many will be able to identify themselves with the royal parents and realise that they also have problems with their children from time to time.
I mean, to view a seemingly perfect nuclear family from a distance is nice, but difficult to identify yourself with.

ADDED: Ups, UserDane kindly posted the same video as me, while I was posting. :flowers:

The mods can just delete this post if you wish.

Last edited:
I had a feeling they would have a little girl! How great!

Thank you userdane and Muhler!!! Is much appreciated, thank goodness for you two knowledgable people xx

Back
Top Bottom