Baby Boy for Princess Marie and Prince Joachim: May 4, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im super happy for this news !
congaratulations for the couple and the big brothers , and also for the proud grand-parents the queen and the prince consort !

Wonderful news, a helathy baby is always great news to hear!!!!!! I also hoped for a girl but not disappointed in a boy, maybe next time. :ROFLMAO:
I was hoping for a playmate for Issy but just happy for a healthy baby and mama. God Bless them:wub::heart:

My congratulations to the Princes Joachim and Marie!!!

I just got to ask, what's with this tradition with the hands? :lol: Every single time I've seen a Danish prince come out to announce the birth of a son or a daughter, they've come out showing the photographers how big the baby was like they just came from fishing with a huge salmon or something! :lol::ROFLMAO: Maybe I'm missing something and there's a traditional saying or something where people ask them "how big a fish was this one"... :D Lost in translation etc.

I've seen pictures of Harald of Norway doing the same thing for the press about Martha Louise and Haakon - I think it's hilarious. :lol: I was so hoping for another little girl for Denmark, but oh well. They don't seem to have very many there, do they? But Marie will probably have more babies (she's only like 33, isn't she?) and I bet Nikolai and Felix wanted a boy. Congrats to the happy parents!

I was so hoping for another little girl for Denmark, but oh well. They don't seem to have very many there, do they? But Marie will probably have more babies (she's only like 33, isn't she?) and I bet Nikolai and Felix wanted a boy. Congrats to the happy parents!

No there aren't. Isabella was the first princess born to Denmark for about 60 years - the last one before that being queen Anne-Marie of Greece.

Let's hope either Frederik og Joachim will do the decent thing and make one - or both - wives pregnant with twin girls :D

Let's hope either Frederik og Joachim will do the decent thing and make one - or both - wives pregnant with twin girls :D

Yes!:D:D I could really see Mary and Frederik having another beautiful daughter. Hopefully Joachim and Marie will be blessed in the future with a daughter, as well. But I am very happy that their son is healthy and congratulations to Denmark for another prince!

Oh, I have forgotten, welcome to the newborn Prince!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation! Well this day is really good....So exciting:)

Congratulations! What a wonderful news! As we say in romanian: "Sa le traiasca!"
Best wishes for the parents and for the baby!

Congratulations to Marie, Joachim and the whole family! :flowers: May the baby have a very happy long life. I`m sure he will be as sweet as his brothers. Can`t wait to see him.
I think it`s great that Marie`s father can be there the day when the little prince was born, as it seems that Marie is really close to him. Imo he`s a very sympathetic person. And Marie`s mother looks like a nice lady too.

That good!!!! Congratulations to Joachim and Marie for the new son

Congratulations to Marie, Joachim and the whole family!!!!!!

Congratulations to Marie, Joachim and the boys on the addition of a new baby brother! :fireworks:

BT has the astrological chart for the little prince (for those who are into astrology):

Astrologen om den nye prins: Han har clairvoyante evner

According to the astrologer, the little prince is of a complex nature (who isn't?), and has the abilities and interests of an alternative outlook (not quite sure what that means-may be a translation error).

And Billed Bladet has an article about Marie's father coming to visit his daughter and new grandson:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/5/Maries far er ankommet til Riget.aspx

Here is Princess Marie's close friend, Britt Siesbye coming to visit her at the hospital:

Billed-Bladet - Marie, Joachim og den ny prins fik besøg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they knew in advance the sex of the baby and yhey kept ot in secret, I am sure the doctor knew!
Congratulation, it is so exating!!!!!

I read (I don't remember where) that they knew that was a Boy

Congratulations to Marie, Joachim, Nicholai and Felix. Fine thing, that it is over now and everything went well!

But a boy again! I would have liked it to be a little princess this time (as always...)! There already are enough boys in Denmark's Royal House. But let's hope for the next time, perhaps they then will succeed with a baby girl.

Great Im Happy for both sides of the Family and Denmark

wonderful news:flowers::flowers: congratulation to the family,i would love the boys get a sister,but a little brother is fine too:)

Back
Top Bottom