Baby Boy for Princess Marie and Prince Joachim: May 4, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
both Mary and Marie had great photos together comming out of the hospital, i think is so cute and sweet, i was trying to remeber Maxima but i think I don't rtemeber anyphotos of her comming out of the hospital!?
going back to topic, i am please to listen her speaking some danish! at least she is trying! i wonder if the other kids from Jjoahim speaks french too? I bet they are excited with a new brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowers::angel::heart::daneflag::king::baby::fireworks:
it's not common in the dutch royals to see the mum. generally, what happened when maxima's girls were born was that WA took the baby to the room with the press and introduced them just some hours after the birth, which is quite nice as we got to see them relatively shortly afterwards. pictures with maxima were then officially released.

back to marie and the lilleprins: i can't wait to see the official pictures. the danish court seems to do them particularly well. hopefully they will get released sometime soon.

i agree, marie looks very good for having given birth 3 days before. i love this picture. i'm sure she will be a very good mum, she looked very maternal with felix and nikolai. what exactly did she say in danish?

Last edited:
Here's another article about the presentation of the lilleprins:

Public get first peek at prince

According to the article, Marie told the press in Danish that the baby would be bilingual and that his name is a secret for now. The article states that she seemed "a bit unsure about answering questions in Danish".

it's not common in the dutch royals to see the mum. generally, what happened when maxima's girls were born was that WA took the baby to the room with the press and introduced them just some hours after the birth, which is quite nice as we got to see them relatively shortly afterwards. pictures with maxima were then officially released.

back to marie and the lilleprins: i can't wait to see the official pictures. the danish court seems to do them particularly well. hopefully they will get released sometime soon.

i agree, marie looks very good for having given birth 3 days before. i love this picture. i'm sure she will be a very good mum, she looked very maternal with felix and nikolai. what exactly did she say in danish?
thank you for your asnwer and i love that pivture too! she looks great!

Wonderful pictures of Marie with the three most important men in her life. Just beautiful. Joachim is so proud he just doesn't know what to do with himself. Proud, happy, elated, relieved that the birth went like clockwork. I'm sure he'll be happy to get back to his regular routine with little one at Schackenborg.

A lovely family setting off into the future. Many many blessings.

Any news of Francoise's whereabouts?

wow !!! i agree with everyone: Marie has such a glow about her :flowers:, and she looks so relaxed, she makes childbirth seem like :whistling:a breeze !!! cheers to the new Danish prince !

Marie no doubt had those phrases about her son all prepared in Danish. Good for her. Little by little, she's getting there.

I think that's the main reason for Joachim's protective arm around her --- in case she needs him to fill in some words in Danish, or any other support. It's nice to see that he doesn't leave her to cope with all on her own. Very considerate and loving.

Billed Bladet has an article about the preparations that have been done in Schackenborg for the arrival of the new prince:

Billed-Bladet - Storken venter i Schackenborgs have

A cute little stork has been placed under a tree in the front of the house in honor of the baby, and the Danish flag with Joachim and Marie's joint monogram is flying in their honor. The article didn't say when they would return.

I'm wondering if J and M will be arriving in Schackenborg with either of Marie's parents, or just the baby. Nothing has been said about her mother in a couple of days.

Maybe they'll all stay in Copenhagen through the weekend and set out to their respective homes, Geneva, Paris, and Mogeltonder, on Monday.

Cute little stork awaiting them. Mogeltonder must be so anxious to see the new addition to the family... Maybe a Sunday arrival will enable the town to welcome them in style - before the new week begins.

oh, i didn't know they were in copenhagen, i thought they were coming back home after leaving the hospital, but maybe it's easier to stay closer to the hospital especially at the very beginning.

i can't wait to see the official pictures! when do you think they will release them?

Riding in a car for three hours plus is a lot to ask of a brand new mother. It's more considerate to give her a chance to heal a bit and make the trip more comfortable.

In addition, her parents came to Copenhagen from Geneva and Paris. They would probably appreciate time to visit with their daughter and new grandson outside of the hospital.

Nothing has been said about Marie's mother for the past few days. It seems only her father went to the hospital on the day she left. Maybe her mother will travel to Schackenborg with Marie, Joachim, and the baby --- hard to say at this point.

Maybe they are taking official pictures of the families while all are in Copenhagen.

I don't think the press has made any releases of immediate travel plans for anybody, whether to Schackenborg, Geneva, or Paris.

These are also nice pictures.

Any news of travel plans and what family, if any, will be going to Schackenborg with Marie and Joachim?

Please translate articles as they announce plans. Thank you...

Jyllands Posten has an article(in Danish) about a stork in the garden of Schackenborg castle which was placed there and the flag/standard with Prince Joachim's and Princess Marie's joint monogram in the upper left hand corner.

This stork was also placed in the garden of Schackenborg after the births of the little princes elder brothers Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix.

Perhaps by the the first wedding anniversary of Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, the 41st birthday of CP Frederik(later this month), 40th birthday of Prince Joachim and the 70th birthday of Prince Henrik next month, the little prince and his parents shall be back at Schackenborg castle in the new nursery(perhaps re-decorated and situated in a new room) and Apple shall realise that she in no longer the centre of the universe in Pss Marie's life and the little prince shall meet Apple, later Winston and settle into life at Schackenborg castle, it's park, Tonder, Mogeltonder and in South Jutland.

:flowers:

One wonders if they will be arriving in Schackenborg sooner than later given that the royal standard is already flying. Doesn't that indicate that the royals are at home, as it does in the UK?

I wonder how much longer till the official photos. I know when Prince William was born they waited about 4 weeks before releasing official photos but then again that's just the UK I have no idea how it works here.

Yes, indeed, the baby has his mother's coloring, and looks like her. He's just adorable. I think both parents must be resting from the hospital routine, and sleeping at home for a change.

I do wonder where the maternal grandparents are, when they plan to travel, and if that travel means Schackenborg or back to Geneva and Paris.

will there be any official pictures of this little cutie? He's very beautiful

No news, I guess they're getting used to being ontheir own as a family. Hopefully, there will be pictures with all the grandparents, especially since two will have to get back home. I guess there's no rush, as the ittle one will just be a week old tomorrow.

Marie needs a little time to get past the immediate effects of the birth. She certainly does look fabulous, she's a lovely woman and, if anything, the birth has enhanced her looks. Joachim is over the moon with it all. Wonderful new beginning for them.

A wonderful time for them, they look so happy, it's so nice to see. Can't help wondering when they'll be back in Mogeltonder.

He is indeed a cute little baby. And I personally liked the blanket he was wrapped in he looked really cosy!

I hope they do release at least one official picture of the couple with Nikolai, Felix and Lilleprince. Every grandchild is as important as the last even if they are not the first or next in line. And of course those of us on the forums who would love to see an official picture :rolleyes:

The blanket was OK, I just thought the color was a little somber for a baby. Some say it was blue, others gray. It has a heathered look to it, a muted color. I think I would have preferred white or a soft beige for him, both of which are a little brighter and less serious for a baby.

Again, the color is straight out of the color palette that Marie likes. I prefer less heathery tones for young children. I think they look better in clear colors.

The new baby prince is so cute.:flowers: Hopefully, Princess Marie and Prince Joachim will show off their new baby again in the next few months. It's nice to see the royal parents looking so happy with their new baby.:)

I'm sure they are enjoying the privacy that their life can afford.

It was quite a crowd that surrounded them in the hospital for the quick trip to the car. Marie and baby, looked wonderful, her father beaming, and Joachim a bit tired from the whole experience. More work for him fielding so many questions.

I wonder if Marie's parents are still visiting, what their plans are, and when Mogeltonder will have the opportunity to give the new family an equally warm welcome.

Maybe Marie is brushing up on a couple of Danish phrases regarding being a new mother so she can express herself to the press and townspeople!

Thank you all photos. Princess Marie and Little Prince excellence, sweet... Im waiting christiening day for cute Prince.

The little one is now about 10 days old. No word regarding any plans to get home, for maternal grandparents to go to their respective homes either.

Maybe there's a doctor's checkup coming up soon and they will stay in Copenhagen for that. As I remember, shouldn't the umbilical cord be falling off about now?

The christening won't be held for at least two and a half months I think. Maybe that will be the next time the little prince will be in the public eye again. I'm guessing a Mogeltonder event for that in the same church in which the parents were married.

I think Felix was christened there, but could be mistaken.

So,would that mean a christening in mid summer followed by vacation in Cahors?

I guess the christening will be in july before summer holidays! if it's not, it will be in september.

I am looking forward the next photos of the family of five.

We're all looking forward to the three brothers in the same picture. What a proud dad Joachim is! And how nice to round out the family with Marie and the little fellow. Schackenborg will be a family home once again.

yeah, a picture of the three brothers, Nikolai, Felix and there little baby brother, I can´t wait, the picture will be very cute, I think!

Congratulations to M and J on the birth of their son!

Back
Top Bottom