Baby Boy for Princess Marie and Prince Joachim: May 4, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE PRINCE ! :flowers:

Congratulations to the parents Joachim and Marie, the brothers Nikolai and Felix, the aunts and uncle Frederik and Mary and the cousins Christian and Isabella. ;)

A new prince, a wonderful day for Denmark.

Much happiness to the family who welcomes him - Marie, Joachim and his big brothers Nikolai and Felix.

Also his grandparents, Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, and his aunt and uncle, Mary and Frederick. His cousins Christian and Isabella will be good playmates for him.

His French relatives will soon see him, grandparents, as well as great-grandmother, plus uncles, aunts, and many cousins. What joy !

Schackenborg will ring with laughter and happiness with this new addition to the royal family.

A very happy day, indeed. Congratulations !

This is going to sound so dumb but I haven't followed a royal birth in like forever I wonder if we'll get pics of his grandparents and aunt and uncle and cousins visiting him at the hospital(hopefully they'll go)

Congratulations to Marie and Joachim with their little boy :heart1: So glad to hear that everything went well and that mother and baby are doing fine.:flowers:

i cant wait to see the new prince!.. congratulations to the new parents..

Congratulations to his proud parents Marie and Joachim!!:flowers:
Wow, a boy! I was expecting a girl, I was sure, but I´m very glad for them.
Welcome to the worl, new Danish little prince! I wish you all the best in your life.

So here goes a little prince. Congrats to parents.:flowers: Can't wait what name they will choose for a little one.:)

Congrats to the parents and the brothers ! Another little Prince for Denmark!:flowers:

Post #56 now has a video of Prince Joachim's first interview with the press.

Could someone who understands Danish please translate it? There are a lot of questions and answers, one can tell that Joachim is totally elated with the outcome. Those of us who don't speak or understand Danish would really appreciate knowing what some of these initial comments are all about.

Thank you in advance.

Post #56 now has a video of Prince Joachim's first interview with the press.
In short, Joachim told the press he has been up all night. It is very exciting every time, no matter that this is his third child. It is absolutely fantastic to see a new life come into this world. They did know, it was going to be a boy. And as far as I understood, the elder brothers have known it too. (However, I'm not hundred percent sure, later I will wach it again.) When asked, who does the little price take after, Joachim laughed and said: the baby looks like a baby, as all babies do. Though he admitted the little prince is dark haired.

Ohhh. Great news. :clap:
All the best to the newborn prince and his family:baby::flowers:

I would like to congratulate Princess Marie, Prince Joachim, Queen Margrethe II and all members of Danish Royal Family and the people of Denmark on the occasion of the birth of the new Prince.

congrats to marie and joachim and the two big brothers! a great day indeed. i was so excited to know if it was boy or a girl, it was the first think i checked in the morning!

the birth seems to certainly have taken long. marie was admitted at 9pm and didn't give birth until 5am (although i have no experience in births..).

Thank you, Hedvig, for the suggestion to go to Danish Royal Watchers. It did have the complete translation, or certainly a lot of the interchanges between the prince and the press.

It makes a lot of difference to know what was said.

It was a normal delivery, with an epidural, and normal in length of time according to Danish Royal Watchers translation of Prince Joachim's comments to the press.

See post #239.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Hedvig, for the suggestion to go to Danish Royal Watchers. It did have the complete translation, or certainly a lot of the interchanges between the prince and the press.

It makes a lot of difference to know what was said.
Well, it covered most of what was said. Now that I've read a couple more of articles, Nikolai and Felix really were told they are going to have a little brother.

Wonderful news. Really happy to hear that Marie & the new born are both doing well. Cant wait to see pictures of the family.

Congratulation to Marie and Joachim and all the family!!!

What a great news to begin a new week!!

I was hoping for a little girl but a boy is great too!
Congrats to the happy parents and the whole family!!!

nikolai and felix's respective christenings were 2 months after the birth (however, a bit longer for both christian and isabella). i think the christening should be in two months time (beginning of july) for the new prince following tradition.

They are very good at keeping secrets. Incredible at such young ages, particularly Felix.

How nice for them to have more siblings. Schackenborg with children running around... enjoying that wonderful place with its lovely grounds.

nikolai and felix's respective christenings were 2 months after the birth (however, a bit longer for both christian and isabella). i think the christening should be in two months time (beginning of july) for the new prince following tradition.

Nikolai was born in August and Chrisitened in November - 4 Months.
Felix was born in July and Christened in October - 4 months.
Christian was born in October and Christened in January - 4 Months.
Isabella was born in April and Christened in July - 4 months.

Obviously the dates have to be taken into account so say 3 and a half months :flowers:

This is wonderful news. I manage to wait unti half past one this morning to see if she'd given birth.
Congratulations to Princess Marie and Prince Joachim.
I bet Nikolai and Felix are delighted to have a baby brother.

x

Back
Top Bottom