The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Gentry

Congratulations to the new parents!

Old 05-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

What does it say??

Old 05-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Gentry

That Joachim is now ahead of his brother in the number of children. When asked whether he was planning to even up the score, Frederik said that time would tell and that Mary and he were still young.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Aristocracy

Derfor er Marie stadig indlagt
Old 05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

This article says that Marie is waiting until Thursday to go home with the new baby. She and the baby are doing well, according to the article. The midwife interviewed for the article said that it is normal for the mother and baby to stay for three days. I can't wait to see photos of the baby!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
This article says that Marie is waiting until Thursday to go home with the new baby. She and the baby are doing well, according to the article.
Sounds good. So if it's true we'll finally see the Lilleprins tomorrow. I'm really curious how he looks like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl
The midwife interviewed for the article said that it is normal for the mother and baby to stay for three days. I can't wait to see photos of the baby!
wow... that's long. Here women are send home after 24 hours (after a normal birth).

Old 05-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

I can't wait to see the baby.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Sounds good. So if it's true we'll finally see the Lilleprins tomorrow. I'm really curious how he looks like...

wow... that's long. Here women are send home after 24 hours (after a normal birth).
I know. In the US, they kick you out as soon as possible because of the costs. The article said that they want to make sure that the mother is healing properly, and that the baby has learned to nurse (this was just general info, not specifically for Marie). They also said that it allows the mother to get proper rest.

Billed Bladet is offering their text-message service again. This time, it is for when Marie goes home. It's only for Danish phone numbers.

Billed-Bladet - Skal vi fortælle dig, hvornår Marie tager hjem?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Marie is going home tomorrow.

Nanna
www.kronprinsesse-mary.dk
Old 05-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

I think if there's nothing wrong, it's normal for Danish women to go home soon after the birth. If there has been a lot of bleeding, or there are other problems, the woman will stay longer.

But the Princess gets special treatment, and why not stay then, when they have a huge room and when Joachim can stay there.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMaria View Post
I think if there's nothing wrong, it's normal for Danish women to go home soon after the birth. If there has been a lot of bleeding, or there are other problems, the woman will stay longer.

But the Princess gets special treatment, and why not stay then, when they have a huge room and when Joachim can stay there.

You are right SarahMaria. It is normal for Danish women to go home soon after birth as well. But it is a choice of their own. They do not get kicked home after 24 hours because of the costs. They can stay longer if they want to - and women giving birth the first time usually do. It is not a privileged for princesses only. Making sure that the mother is healing properly, and that the baby has learned to nurse - it is a privilege offered by the medical staff to every Danish woman - nomatter how long it takes. And it is compleatly free of costs for the woman and newborn in question.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

I've obviously never been in that situation, but from what I hear, if everything is going well, some women are sent (kicked) home. And I would asume that as a new mom, you would want your husband with you, which isn't really a possibility very often for anyone but the princess.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Yay so glad to hear she'll be going home tomorrow. Can't wait to see pictures of all of them.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMaria View Post
I've obviously never been in that situation, but from what I hear, if everything is going well, some women are sent (kicked) home. And I would asume that as a new mom, you would want your husband with you, which isn't really a possibility very often for anyone but the princess.
SarahMaria, no danish woman will ever be kicked out of a Danish hospital 24 houres after giving birth. She might be kicked out if she is overstaying her welcomme. Everything has to come to an end after all. Spending a hole lifetime in hospital is not acceptable.

But you are right. Having two rooms and a bed made up for the husband in one of the rooms is a privilege for a princess.

Having your husband sleeping over is however not a privelege for a princess only, it is a privelege for all. Believe me. I have been there. I have been 'seelping' over at Rigshospitalt (and my appartment is only about 150 meters away from Rigshospitalet - on Ryesgade). I wasn't even the husband - but a friend who was offered a bed while a friend of mine was in labour. Her husband was offered a bad as well - naturally. Non of us ever used the beds as sleeping wasn't a possibility due to the exitement of the situation.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Courtier

I some countries in South America, a new mother can stay even longer, I believe I stayed about a week, in a maternity hospital, with a personal nurse round the clock. That was my experience. I don't know if that is still the norm.

I know that in Brazil, the new mother is treated very, very well, with no rush. This is very different from the United States. Again, this is years ago, and I don't know if that is still the case now.

Very nice for the new mother to be able to have her husband close by like that.

Marie will have a fairly long trip to Schackenborg eventually --- isn't it about 3 hours by car ? --- so it is good not to rush the hospital stay and let her get the well-deserved rest.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylt11 View Post
I some countries in South America, a new mother can stay even longer, I believe I stayed about a week, in a maternity hospital, with a personal nurse round the clock. That was my experience. I don't know if that is still the norm.

I know that in Brazil, the new mother is treated very, very well, with no rush. This is very different from the United States. Again, this is years ago, and I don't know if that is still the case now.
Rylt11, it is nice to learn that the treatment of the new mother is excellent in other countries as well
Old 05-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Like all posters, I also wonder who the little one looks like. I think brown eyes (though they make look blue now) for sure, as both of Marie's parents have brown eyes and there doesn't seem to be a recessive gene from maternal great-grandparents.

This is unlike Nikolai and Felix, whose maternal grandmother had blond coloration and light eyes.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

It's common in hospitals here in Atlantic Canada for cots to be set up for the fathers. Not only does it enable the father to be close to mom and baby, but it helps to relieve some of the burden on staff. Our health care system is quite stretched and so enabling the father to stay at the hospital allows for the parents to begin providing more care for the baby from the onset.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Courtier

To me that seems to be not only a sensible approach but also a very humane one .

Tags
baby, marie, pregnancy