Working Visit to Copenhagen by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: November 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on Twitter:

@BBCPeterHunt

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit a UNICEF emergency supply centre in Copenhagen next week.

There'll be not 2 but 4 royals in Denmark-- the Cambridges plus the Crown Prince and Princess.

What lovely news. Wonderful to see the Danish and British royals working together. Look forward to the press release on that one.

Last edited:
Saw this on Twitter:

@BBCPeterHunt

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit a UNICEF emergency supply centre in Copenhagen next week.

There'll be not 2 but 4 royals in Denmark-- the Cambridges plus the Crown Prince and Princess.

Look forward to the event.

:previous:

Press release from The Prince of Wales' website.

And from Kongehuset.dk:

02/11 11 Kronprinsparret besøger sammen med Hertugen og Hertuginden af Cambridge UNICEFs Supply Division center i København. For yderligere information se nyheden under "Aktuelt".
02/11 11 Crown Prince Couple visit together with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge UNICEF's Suppy Divison centre in Copenhagen. For more information see the news under 'Aktuelt'.
Press release (translated) from Kongehuset.dk

The Cambridges will have a private lunch with the Crown Prince and Princess at Frederik VIII's Palace prior to the engagement.

Last edited:
:previous:

The Danish Royal Court has also published similar information relating to the visit of the Cambridges to Copenhagen.

02/11 11 Kronprinsparret besøger sammen med Hertugen og Hertuginden af Cambridge UNICEFs Supply Division center i København. For yderligere information se nyheden under "Aktuelt".
02/11 11 Crown Prince Couple visit together with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge UNICEF's Suppy Divison centre in Copenhagen. For more information see the news under 'Aktuelt'.
Press release (translated) from Kongehuset.dk

The Cambridges will also have a private lunch with the Danish Crown Prince Couple at Frederik VIII's Palace prior to the engagement at UNICEF.

Last edited:
It's nice that the couples with finally meet, looking forward to the clothes.

Kongehuset.dk informs that the visit will focus on the situation in East Africa and on the Horn of Africa. The duke and duchess is going to assist with the supplies shipped to the famine stricken areas and 'pack an aid box'.

As previously mentioned, the Danish crown princely couple are hosting a private lunch at Amalienborg prior to the visit to Unicef.

viv

Oh I am so looking forward to this trip to Denmark! It will be wonderful at last for William and Catherine to mix abit with Frederik and Mary, I hope they become friends!

Looking forward for this event very much!!!!

Catherine vs Mary! It's going to be really great:)

I'm looking forward to this visit. It's a great cause, and the fact that two of my favorite royal couples are meeting and working together just adds icing on the cake.

This should be a great "royal watcher" event for us. Come on CP's, make us proud!!

Now this will be a great humanitarian visit and it will be nice to see the two royal couples together. I'm looking forward to the coverage.

Now this will be a great humanitarian visit and it will be nice to see the two royal couples together. I'm looking forward to the coverage.

Hear, hear! My two favorite royal couples in the same vicinity.

My two favorite couples! This cannot be happening!

Am looking forward to this very much. I think it is great that the younger couple will have the chance to get to know Fred and Mary a little bit. I just hope the media coverage doesn't overshadow the true purpose of the trip, which is to highlight the plight of UNICEF's work, with their comparisons between Mary & Kate.
But one thing is guaranteed and that is a huge media contingent should show up. It would also be nice if William and Kate were to meet Her Majesty the Queen even in a private way.

Well, William and Kate should have met the Queen when she attended their wedding but its understandable if it was brief as that was a particularly busy day:flowers:

Just by the visit, there is increased attention to the purpose of the visit. But unfortunately, there will be the inevitable comparisons of Catherine and Mary. I wonder what else they will be doing that day or thereabouts. While it is certainly a noble cause they couldn't do it in England? Of course they could meet Frederick and Mary in England. And why should they travel because William and Catherine couldn't or don't.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about the trip I think its a fantastic idea/event/cause and I look forward to the videos and/or tapes. Just pointing out an observation. I wonder if they are going to take a few days off afterwards. Oh well, I am sure we shall soon see.

Remember when Diana met Caroline of Monaco?!

Last edited:
Yay! I want lots of great photos when Mary meets Catherine...I hope the two women can maintain the contact and that Mary can become a great mentor and friend to young (future Queen) Catherine...

While it is certainly a noble cause they couldn't do it in England? Of course they could meet Frederick and Mary in England. And why should they travel because William and Catherine couldn't or don't.

That's simply because one of the main UNICEF emergency supply depots is located in Copenhagen. - And relief packets destined for East Africa (among other places) are shipped from there.

Relief for East Africa is high on the agenda for both couples.

Am looking forward to this very much. I think it is great that the younger couple will have the chance to get to know Fred and Mary a little bit. I just hope the media coverage doesn't overshadow the true purpose of the trip, which is to highlight the plight of UNICEF's work, with their comparisons between Mary & Kate.

The media coverage is able to overshadow any good cause of a royal couple, but in this case it also depends on the perspective ;)!
The Danish press will probably compare the two women slightly in Mary's favour: 'Duchess Catherine' finally meeting up with one of her royal role models, CP Mary", whereas the British press, in case they mention the lunch whatsoever - will take the opposite view, going something like ' The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge paid a courtesy visit to Danish Crown Prince Frederik, who is married to a former Australian estate agent!'

Maybe you could tell us how the Australian media would react IF they get the news, that is :)!

Viv

Last edited:
That's simply because one of the main UNICEF emergency supply depots is located in Copenhagen. - And relief packets destined for East Africa (among other places) are shipped from there.

Relief for East Africa is high on the agenda for both couples.

Thank you for that information.

See I learned something new today. I never knew that.

The media coverage is able to overshadow any good course of a royal couple, but in this case it also depends on the perspective ;)!
The Danish press will probably compare the two women slightly in Mary's favour: 'Duchess Catherine' finally meeting up with one of her royal role models, CP Mary", whereas the British press, in case they mention the lunch whatsoever - will take the opposite view, going something like ' The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge paid a courtesy visit to Danish Crown Prince Frederik, who is married to a former Australian estate agent!'

Maybe you could tell us how the Australian media would react IF they get the news, that is :)!

Viv
I don't know about the Australian media but, if Prince Frederik is married to a former Australian Estate Agent then Prince William is married to a former British Unemployed Nobody!:boxing:

So, that sort of media snarking would be totally counter-productive.

Now when it comes to "The Fashion Stakes" well, that's a whole other deal . . . . . . High Street Catherine gets fashion tips from High End Mary or, Mary shares her many and expensive hair secrets . . . . . :ROFLMAO: :doh:

Or, they could go for the ultimate sugar rush "Two Totally Loved-up Royal Couples share their secrets to their long loving relationships". . . . :lol:

Or, just a wild but slim chance . . . ."Danish CP Couple host Britain's newest Royal Couple and share their passion for UNICEF and it's work in East Africa! :cool:
I can hope can't I?:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom