The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2011, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Working Visit to Copenhagen by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge; November 2, 2011

According to Billed Bladet Billed-Bladet - Mary og Frederik får besøg af Kate og William

Kate & William will visit Copenhagen on the 2nd November.

Here they will, together with M&F, visit the UNICEF Supply Division Centre
After that they will have lunch with M&F at Amalienborg.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Courtier

What lovely news. Wonderful to see the Danish and British royals working together. Look forward to the press release on that one.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Press release from The Prince of Wales' website.

And from Kongehuset.dk:

Quote:
02/11 11 Kronprinsparret besøger sammen med Hertugen og Hertuginden af Cambridge UNICEFs Supply Division center i København. For yderligere information se nyheden under "Aktuelt".
Quote:
02/11 11 Crown Prince Couple visit together with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge UNICEF's Suppy Divison centre in Copenhagen. For more information see the news under 'Aktuelt'.
Press release (translated) from Kongehuset.dk

The Cambridges will have a private lunch with the Crown Prince and Princess at Frederik VIII's Palace prior to the engagement.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Courtier

Kongehuset.dk informs that the visit will focus on the situation in East Africa and on the Horn of Africa. The duke and duchess is going to assist with the supplies shipped to the famine stricken areas and 'pack an aid box'.

As previously mentioned, the Danish crown princely couple are hosting a private lunch at Amalienborg prior to the visit to Unicef.

viv
Old 10-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

New generation royals meet in Denmark

Article from the Australian Sydney Morning Herald.

Press release from UNICEF, with a new picture of the Cambridges (from the same shoot as the Canada visit portrait).
Old 10-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Looking forward for this event very much!!!!

Catherine vs Mary! It's going to be really great:)

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 10-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Majesty

I'm looking forward to this visit. It's a great cause, and the fact that two of my favorite royal couples are meeting and working together just adds icing on the cake.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

This should be a great "royal watcher" event for us. Come on CP's, make us proud!!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
Catherine vs Mary!
I didn't know they were in some kind of competition?

Is Kate heading for a Unicef role? Young royals next trip is packing aid boxes for Africa | Mail Online
Old 10-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Gentry

My two favorite couples! This cannot be happening!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Courtier

Am looking forward to this very much. I think it is great that the younger couple will have the chance to get to know Fred and Mary a little bit. I just hope the media coverage doesn't overshadow the true purpose of the trip, which is to highlight the plight of UNICEF's work, with their comparisons between Mary & Kate.
But one thing is guaranteed and that is a huge media contingent should show up. It would also be nice if William and Kate were to meet Her Majesty the Queen even in a private way.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Well, William and Kate should have met the Queen when she attended their wedding but its understandable if it was brief as that was a particularly busy day

Just by the visit, there is increased attention to the purpose of the visit. But unfortunately, there will be the inevitable comparisons of Catherine and Mary. I wonder what else they will be doing that day or thereabouts. While it is certainly a noble cause they couldn't do it in England? Of course they could meet Frederick and Mary in England. And why should they travel because William and Catherine couldn't or don't.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about the trip I think its a fantastic idea/event/cause and I look forward to the videos and/or tapes. Just pointing out an observation. I wonder if they are going to take a few days off afterwards. Oh well, I am sure we shall soon see.

Remember when Diana met Caroline of Monaco?!

Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Yay! I want lots of great photos when Mary meets Catherine...I hope the two women can maintain the contact and that Mary can become a great mentor and friend to young (future Queen) Catherine...
Old 10-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
While it is certainly a noble cause they couldn't do it in England? Of course they could meet Frederick and Mary in England. And why should they travel because William and Catherine couldn't or don't.
That's simply because one of the main UNICEF emergency supply depots is located in Copenhagen. - And relief packets destined for East Africa (among other places) are shipped from there.

Relief for East Africa is high on the agenda for both couples.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Am looking forward to this very much. I think it is great that the younger couple will have the chance to get to know Fred and Mary a little bit. I just hope the media coverage doesn't overshadow the true purpose of the trip, which is to highlight the plight of UNICEF's work, with their comparisons between Mary & Kate.
The media coverage is able to overshadow any good cause of a royal couple, but in this case it also depends on the perspective !
The Danish press will probably compare the two women slightly in Mary's favour: 'Duchess Catherine' finally meeting up with one of her royal role models, CP Mary", whereas the British press, in case they mention the lunch whatsoever - will take the opposite view, going something like ' The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge paid a courtesy visit to Danish Crown Prince Frederik, who is married to a former Australian estate agent!'

Maybe you could tell us how the Australian media would react IF they get the news, that is !

Viv
Old 10-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
That's simply because one of the main UNICEF emergency supply depots is located in Copenhagen. - And relief packets destined for East Africa (among other places) are shipped from there.

Relief for East Africa is high on the agenda for both couples.
Thank you for that information.

See I learned something new today. I never knew that.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Thank you for that information.

See I learned something new today. I never knew that.
You are welcome...

You can read more about the UNICEF's supply division here: UNICEF - Supplies and Logistics - The Supply Community
Old 10-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
The media coverage is able to overshadow any good course of a royal couple, but in this case it also depends on the perspective !
The Danish press will probably compare the two women slightly in Mary's favour: 'Duchess Catherine' finally meeting up with one of her royal role models, CP Mary", whereas the British press, in case they mention the lunch whatsoever - will take the opposite view, going something like ' The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge paid a courtesy visit to Danish Crown Prince Frederik, who is married to a former Australian estate agent!'

Maybe you could tell us how the Australian media would react IF they get the news, that is !

Viv
I don't know about the Australian media but, if Prince Frederik is married to a former Australian Estate Agent then Prince William is married to a former British Unemployed Nobody!

So, that sort of media snarking would be totally counter-productive.

Now when it comes to "The Fashion Stakes" well, that's a whole other deal . . . . . . High Street Catherine gets fashion tips from High End Mary or, Mary shares her many and expensive hair secrets . . . . .

Or, they could go for the ultimate sugar rush "Two Totally Loved-up Royal Couples share their secrets to their long loving relationships". . . .

Or, just a wild but slim chance . . . ."Danish CP Couple host Britain's newest Royal Couple and share their passion for UNICEF and it's work in East Africa!
I can hope can't I?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't know about the Australian media but, if Prince Frederik is married to a former Australian Estate Agent then Prince William is married to a former British Unemployed Nobody!

So, that sort of media snarking would be totally counter-productive.

Now when it comes to "The Fashion Stakes" well, that's a whole other deal . . . . . . High Street Catherine gets fashion tips from High End Mary or, Mary shares her many and expensive hair secrets . . . . .

Or, they could go for the ultimate sugar rush "Two Totally Loved-up Royal Couples share their secrets to their long loving relationships". . . .

Or, just a wild but slim chance . . . ."Danish CP Couple host Britain's newest Royal Couple and share their passion for UNICEF and it's work in East Africa!
I can hope can't I?
of course you can hope for a little while anyway but the entertainment value is indeed distracting as you point out. "Mary and kids make kate broody..." Frederik and william share 'heir' tips while ladies coo over Danish twins..." The media must be thinking they have died and gone to heaven!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Commoner

Ooooh, this will be so great! They are my two favourite female royals Such lovely women, and although I don't think they look alike like some papers are saying, they come from similar backgrounds.