Working Visit to Copenhagen by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: November 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the Australian media but, if Prince Frederik is married to a former Australian Estate Agent then Prince William is married to a former British Unemployed Nobody!:boxing:

So, that sort of media snarking would be totally counter-productive.

Now when it comes to "The Fashion Stakes" well, that's a whole other deal . . . . . . High Street Catherine gets fashion tips from High End Mary or, Mary shares her many and expensive hair secrets . . . . . :ROFLMAO: :doh:

Or, they could go for the ultimate sugar rush "Two Totally Loved-up Royal Couples share their secrets to their long loving relationships". . . . :lol:

Or, just a wild but slim chance . . . ."Danish CP Couple host Britain's newest Royal Couple and share their passion for UNICEF and it's work in East Africa! :cool:
I can hope can't I?:popcorn:
of course you can hope for a little while anyway but the entertainment value is indeed distracting as you point out. "Mary and kids make kate broody..." Frederik and william share 'heir' tips while ladies coo over Danish twins..." The media must be thinking they have died and gone to heaven! :lol::w00t::news:

Ooooh, this will be so great! They are my two favourite female royals :) Such lovely women, and although I don't think they look alike like some papers are saying, they come from similar backgrounds. :clap::D

Lady Oona said:
My two favorite couples! This cannot be happening!

Yea, I feel the same way. It'll be fantastic to see photos of the two women together- I've always thought they resembled each other a bit

Two of my favorite couples are finally meeting next week! I can't wait to see and it's for such a great cause.

I wonder whether Countess Alexandra will be there, since she is afterall the patron of UNICEF in Denmark...somehow I doubt it since this is a very high profile royal visit by senior royals from 2 royal families!
Any thoughts?

This will be happening in a matter of days...So excited! On purely a superficial level...i just want to see what the ladies wear...Mary perhaps knew in advance, in New York even...maybe the reason for Saks Fifth Avenue shopping trip...Oh please Mary wear your fancy new New York threads!!!

I can wait! I don't think Will has never met Fred and Mary.

I think that Prince William would have met CP Frederik and CP Mary as they attended Prince Charles' 60th birthday celebrations in 2008 at Buckingham Palace.

^^ Maybe,but there are no pictures.

Last edited:
True! But given the protocol at such events, I would find it hard to believe that they were not introduced!

Maybe it was a reception line type of introduction where Fred and Mary extended wedding congratulations to Will and Kate and some genteel words exchanged, but nothing in depth. That is, if there is a reception line at royal weddings!:lol:

^^ Maybe,but there are no pictures.
Guests Arriving For Prince Charles's 60th Birthday Party (USA AN - Pictures - Zimbio
Not of them together, but picture 11 shows F&M arriving @ Charles' 60th birthday party in 2008.
Maybe it was a reception line type of introduction where Fred and Mary extended wedding congratulations to Will and Kate and some genteel words exchanged, but nothing in depth. That is, if there is a reception line at royal weddings!:lol:
I don't think Fred & Mary attended William and Kate's wedding (the Queen of Denmark attended, I believe) so I don't think they have met Kate, as I don't believe she was @ the 2008 birthday event for Prince Charles. William would have been introduced to Fred and Mary at that event, I assume.
I think William and Kate deciding to travel on his days off was an impromptu decision by them and this first meeting of the couples brings massive attention to the cause both couples hope to help, a synergy, if you will. Lovely gesture, IMO.

:previous: That's right, Queen Margrethe of Denmark attended the wedding, I think too.

One thing we don't know is how many private events do they have...So maybe they have met even before of Prince Charles 60th birthday celebrations...Who knows!

Yay! I want lots of great photos when Mary meets Catherine...I hope the two women can maintain the contact and that Mary can become a great mentor and friend to young (future Queen) Catherine...

Perhaps it should be the other way. Catherine mentoring Mary.

This meeting between Kate and Mary should be egg on the face of at least one Australian magazine which claimed a while ago that Kate and Mary were best friends and that Mary was giving her tips on how to deal with courtiers etc. When they hadn't even met. So the media next week will be saying that Mary and Kate are meeting for the first time, and that particular magazine will probably just run along with the mill and ignore what they had printed previously. So you can discount most of what Aussie magazines say about royals.
Which is a real disappointment to us here, when all we want is honest reporting and have to resort to these forums to get it. Which is great for those of us with computers. But when you consider so many don't have access to the net they get a biased view of the royals from ghastly magazines. Sa la vie!

I think that Prince William would have met CP Frederik and CP Mary as they attended Prince Charles' 60th birthday celebrations in 2008 at Buckingham Palace.
There's a photo of CP Willem-Alexander, Prince William and Frederik at a party, with William looking about ten years younger. I don't know what the occasion was. Maybe Prince Charles 50th birthday?

Last edited:
Frederick and William met also at the christening of the first son of Paul and Chantal of Greece. Both of them were godfather with Prince Felipe. If you check google you will find photos and you will see that William who was 15years old at the time was yet taller than Frederick.

On another point, the australian media are now talking about the meeting and said new generation of royal to meet in copenhagen. And the Australian TV just take about that with the Queen downunder at the present moment.

I'm totally excited like the rest of you. I'm going to donate for the relief because it's the main purpose, they want to enlight the cause and I think it's part of our duty not just to watch the photos of two beautiful ladies and couple but to do "the important thing". I want the babies in africa to have meals each day of their life and survive/ So if you can permit me.... please if you can afford it, donate.

I wonder whether Countess Alexandra will be there, since she is afterall the patron of UNICEF in Denmark...somehow I doubt it since this is a very high profile royal visit by senior royals from 2 royal families! Any thoughts?

I suppose that Alexandra ought to be there, and in theory there's no reason why she shouldn't. The CPly couple are on speaking terms with the countess and occasionally visit her home for Felix' or Nikolai's birthdays.

HOWEVER, I'm seriously in doubt - I'm not sure whether she will be!
I tend to agree Terri Terri! IMO the situation would be slightly awkward. While the main objective of the Cambridge - trip is Unicef they also take the opportunity to make a 'protocol call' and familiarize themselves with the Danish crown princely couple. Imagine CP Frederik telling Prince William: 'Oh by the way, the Patron of the Danish Unicef happens to be my former sister- in- law"?? :whistling:

IMO odds are 70 -30 pct in favour of a 'diplomatic flu'!

viv

I don't think Fred & Mary attended William and Kate's wedding (the Queen of Denmark attended, I believe) so I don't think they have met Kate, as I don't believe she was @ the 2008 birthday event for Prince Charles. William would have been introduced to Fred and Mary at that event, I assume.

Fred and Mary did not attend the Cambridge wedding for the simple reason that they were not invited! We discussed this at the time. They attended a 60th birthday dinner at Buckingham Palace hosted by The Wales'es, but so did most of European top tier royalty. We can deduce that F & M Cambridges shook hands at some point, but that's all. There's no great interaction between the BRF and DRF, except perhaps Prince Philip, who carries a torch for them because of his family roots.

viv

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO the situation would be slightly awkward. While the main objective of the Cambridge - trip is Unicef they also take the opportunity to make a 'protocol call' and familiarize themselves with the Danish crown princely couple. Imagine CP Frederik telling Prince William: 'Oh by the way, the Patron of the Danish Unicef happens to be my former sister- in- law"?? :whistling:
viv
I don't know if she will be there or not, but I really don't understand why it would be awkward. They are all young, modern people who would take the situation for what it is.

Or, they could go for the ultimate sugar rush "Two Totally Loved-up Royal Couples share their secrets to their long loving relationships". . . . :lol:
Priceless :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
And I bet we´ll read something like that... This news is a candy for some kind of press, I think ;)

Or, just a wild but slim chance . . . ."Danish CP Couple host Britain's newest Royal Couple and share their passion for UNICEF and it's work in East Africa! :cool:

:lol: Well, if anyone believes that, then I've got a mermaid for sale....:p

I don't know about the Australian media but, if Prince Frederik is married to a former Australian Estate Agent then Prince William is married to a former British Unemployed Nobody!:boxing:

So, that sort of media snarking would be totally counter-productive.

Now when it comes to "The Fashion Stakes" well, that's a whole other deal . . . . . . High Street Catherine gets fashion tips from High End Mary or, Mary shares her many and expensive hair secrets . . . . . :ROFLMAO: :doh:

Haha good one MARG!

I don't know if she will be there or not, but I really don't understand why it would be awkward. They are all young, modern people who would take the situation for what it is.
Especially as William's own father has been divorced and married again. I personally think that William is well aware of the fact that the second son of the queen of Denmark is divorced and remarried as this was mentioned in the British media at the time and surely was noticed at court as well, because of the way it was handled and how it turned out.

The world of Royality is small, after all and the Danish Royals are Philip's own family, with William being a male-line Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Gluecksburg as much as Frederick himself, well, even more, as only Frederick's mother is a SHSG.

It may not be awkward for the royals involved, nor may it be awkward for Unicef Denmark - they kept the countess as a patron after the divorce! My worry is about the stance of the royal Danish court! Some of us haven't forgotten their ridiculous, protocol related handling of Alexandra's presence at the christening of Prince Christian, and there was a case of 'near clash' in connection with the inauguration of a concert hall, which was avoided.
As for Alexandra's presence: I want to see it before I believe it. OK?? :flowers:!

viv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom