The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The Danes are supporting the home team. Big surprise, LOL.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
An article from BT comparing Mary and Kate: Mary og Kate er prinsessekloner - Royale - BT.dk
And my answers to the poll questions are as following: No (I think I may be the only one); Mary; Mary; I'm closer in age to Kate so I dress more like her and thus she must clearly have the best style!; Mary's dress wasn't bad but yes the general consensus seems to be that Kate has the best wedding dress (of all time, according to some commentators)

Old 11-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Royal Highness

How amusing,even though I´m into fashion and that stuff I also believe this shouldn´t overshadow the meaning of this event...
I remember that Charlene Wittstock wore a white dress with a WWF logo applied on the bottom of the skirt for a charity event (Panda Ball Monaco)-this way she looked nice and showed her support for the cause.
I am really looking forward to the Copenhagen visit,hopefully it will also bring attention to UNICEF and their humanitarian work!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure Kate and Mary realize the amount of interest this visit is generating as well as the inevitable comparisons, so they'll no doubt downplay their attire for this event to avoid focus on the wrong subject. As much as I look forward to this visit, you can tell the tone that the press is already taking.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
BT has a few details about the schedule for tomorrow: Her kan du se Will og Kate i morgen - Royale - BT.dk

Kate and William will have lunch with M&F at Amalienborg and at 14.30 all four of them will visit the UNICEF centre, which is located in Copenhagen city.
It is expected they will pose a bit for the press and onlookers here.

They will visit the centre for about two hours and also help a bit with the packaging (lots of photos I guess) and around 16.15 they will all leave the centre, after which Kate and William will return home.

It is not yet known for certain when they will arrive in Denmark.
With regards to this schedule and the issue of the Princesses (plural) attire...Well, there are alot of factors...Firstly Kate is on a day trip, so I am thinking one outfit that does double duty, that will be dressy enough to sit down to lunch and pose for photos but also not so precious if they choose to 'volunteer' to help at the UNICEF centre for a short amount of time (30 mins-1 hour)...So I don't think it will be a jeans/blazer event (too casual) nor do I think it will be a shift dress event (too formal)...Hopefully Catherine will wear something we have not seen before as another poster pointed out...Kate in a pantsuit would be great with a more formal, fancy frockcoat/peacoat over the top to dress it up (and stay warm in Copenhagen, I imagine)...

As for Mary, she has the home court advantage...As in, she has the opportunity to dress up for the lunch (I am thinking Prada shift and heels) and then excuse herself and get changed into sometime more work-like to go to UNICEF....I would love to see both women wear flats for the photo op...just because I want to see the actual height difference...Is Kate taller than Mary? Is Kate taller than Fred?

Who knew a whirlwind visit could put us into such a tizz!! Or me anyway
Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
With regards to this schedule and the issue of the Princesses (plural) attire...Well, there are alot of factors...Firstly Kate is on a day trip, so I am thinking one outfit that does double duty, that will be dressy enough to sit down to lunch and pose for photos but also not so precious if they choose to 'volunteer' to help at the UNICEF centre for a short amount of time (30 mins-1 hour)...So I don't think it will be a jeans/blazer event (too casual) nor do I think it will be a shift dress event (too formal)...Hopefully Catherine will wear something we have not seen before as another poster pointed out...Kate in a pantsuit would be great with a more formal, fancy frockcoat/peacoat over the top to dress it up (and stay warm in Copenhagen, I imagine)...

As for Mary, she has the home court advantage...As in, she has the opportunity to dress up for the lunch (I am thinking Prada shift and heels) and then excuse herself and get changed into sometime more work-like to go to UNICEF....I would love to see both women wear flats for the photo op...just because I want to see the actual height difference...Is Kate taller than Mary? Is Kate taller than Fred?

Who knew a whirlwind visit could put us into such a tizz!! Or me anyway
I'm almost certain Kate is taller than Mary. Danish posters please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Mary is around 5'7" while Kate is 5'9" or 5'10" (at least it seems so in pictures of her with William while not wearing heels). So that would make her just under Frederik's height.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Heir Apparent

So for those curious here are the arrival times
Quote:
9:30am EST
8:30am CST
7:30am MST
6:30am PST
So Copenhagen is 1hr AHEAD of London time. For the London followers, It is 1:30pm start time.
They will be visiting the warehouse from 14.30 - 16.15, after the couples lunch at Amalienborg.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Serene Highness

Just love the little smilie hiding under the chair - Muhler! Very appropiate.
Gosh how did this Pedersen get a job with a magazine. Awful editorial from him. Clearly shows he knows nothing about his subject he wrote about. IE Princess Mary.
But then our journos here are no better.
Hope they allow some pics of the private lunch. But I'm guessing they won't be allowed to take any.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:10 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

If we get anything from the lunch, it will probably be a photo from one of the reception rooms beforehand, like during state visits.

And my dislike for the Australian media reports on royalty has already began in relation to this visit -.- One, Catherine is not 'Princess Kate', and two, Mary's British counterpart is not Catherine but the Duchess of Cornwall. And journalists get paid for this...
Old 11-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Courtier

Maybe they MEAN contemporary (in terms of age) and not counterpart (in terms of hierarchy/ranking)...And although technically Kate may not be 'Princess Kate' it is just a easier and more recognisable term of reference than Catherine, Princess William of Wales, etc..
Old 11-02-2011, 02:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm sure Kate and Mary realize the amount of interest this visit is generating as well as the inevitable comparisons, so they'll no doubt downplay their attire for this event to avoid focus on the wrong subject. As much as I look forward to this visit, you can tell the tone that the press is already taking.
Maybe they could wear the exact same outfit and hairstyle...
Old 11-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Nor can I remember any clothes Kate has been wearing. While I can remember a lot of clothes Mary has been wearing".
Not even Catherine's wedding dress? Come on, "fashion expert".
Old 11-02-2011, 03:19 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

There will be a live 3 hour coverage of the event
Read here

Maybe a bit too much for a love coverage, media taking it a bit too far but if it is publicity for the event than maybe it is a good thing but not when it includes royals and that fact this is happening IMO is because only the Duke & Duchess are visiting. Pervious events, I don't recall such a thing happening.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I find the live coverage well over the top too, but understandably the DRF will milk this visit to the limit in terms of positive coverage.

Kate guarantees worldwide headlines, nothing Mary or any other CP around would be able to create without her. The BRF are the only royal family that is known on a global scale, therefore they make the best of it.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
understandably the DRF will milk this visit to the limit in terms of positive coverage.
And do you think the Cambridges are doing this purely out of goodness of their heart?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
And do you think the Cambridges are doing this purely out of goodness of their heart?[/B]
No, of course not. The Cambridges have to show from time to time that they actually work to avoid the lazy image and give in to the fact that people want to see them, PR boost for the BRF. But in contrast everybody - on a worldwide scale - knows who the Cambridges are while not many people outside Europe (apart from those who are interested in royalty) know who the Danish royals are (or other European royals are). It brings the DRF coverage around the world, what other event apart from a royal wedding is able to do that?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
[QUOTE Duke of Marmalade;1332914] understandably the DRF will milk this visit to the limit in terms of positive coverage.
Quote:
And do you think the Cambridges are doing this purely out of goodness of their heart?
What else is readily identifiable? They don't want to really get into the public swing of things until the Diamond Jubillee is well under way. They have no intention of upstaging the Queen.

The DRF is right to give this a high profile . . . . . perhaps a few people might see past the clothes to the subject at hand.

I can always hope!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:43 AM
Courtier

Maybe the real tips are to come from Fred...how to justify your position and do the bare minimum while pursuing personal goals which give the illusion of a heavy work load...? Who knows maybe Kate will take up sailing?

And because of the blasted time difference, I will go to bed and when I wake up in them orning it will all be over and W&K will be heading home...So unfair!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
There will be a live 3 hour coverage of the event
Read here

Maybe a bit too much for a love coverage, media taking it a bit too far but if it is publicity for the event than maybe it is a good thing but not when it includes royals and that fact this is happening IMO is because only the Duke & Duchess are visiting. Pervious events, I don't recall such a thing happening.
That's TV2 for you.
They always tend to go over the top when there is a royal event. - High ratings.

- And the DRF has no influence on the public service networks.

ADDED: I see that Ulla Terkelsen is among the commentators. - She is among my absolute favourite reporters. Whatever she has to say, it's interesting.
When she isn't covering royal stuff, she is a foreign affiars correspondent. She's usually based in London and her knowledge of the BRF is very considerable.
Alas, she's soon to retire, but fortunately there are a couple of worthy heirs ready to take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
I'm almost certain Kate is taller than Mary. Danish posters please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Mary is around 5'7" while Kate is 5'9" or 5'10" (at least it seems so in pictures of her with William while not wearing heels). So that would make her just under Frederik's height.
Mary is around 172 centimetres or 5'8''.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
DED: I see that Ulla Terkelsen is among the commentators..,.. She's usually based in London and her knowledge of the BRF is very considerable. Alas, she's soon to retire, but fortunately there are a couple of worthy heirs ready to take over.
Don't worry, Muhler!: She's on contract till she's 70 according to the recently launched biography!

There's a BA flight arriving at 11.24 and another at 12.04. Or they could be o/b low fare Norwegian from Stanstead....

Viv