The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Nobility

I'm pretty sure Mary and Kate will be dressed down and very low key. Dont forget the purpose of the visit. Starving children and adults in East Africa. Not the time to wears Prada and jewels, but to be pretty in very very low key outifs, no flowers, no vivid colours, nearly no apparent earrings.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure they'll wear outfits that are suitable for the occasion and won't dominate the purpose of their visit. Minimal jewelry as well. But it would be nice to see some color.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm sure they'll wear outfits that are suitable for the occasion and won't dominate the purpose of their visit. Minimal jewelry as well. But it would be nice to see some color.
Some color would be lovely. Even though I love the shades of gray, black, and beige, it would be nice to see something a little different.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

As much as I love royal clothes, I do hope that it won't overshadow this event or the thread. We must remember why these royals are meeting.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Naturally, I'm sure neither lady will wear anything to overwhelm the occasion. I'm sure they're focused on what the purpose of the visit is and have their priorities straight, and will dress accordingly.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Naturally, I'm sure neither lady will wear anything to overwhelm the occasion. I'm sure they're focused on what the purpose of the visit is and have their priorities straight, and will dress accordingly.
Absolutely, Mary and Catherine both know why they're there, it's the media that may divert attention to the fashion.

In related news, Australian morning breakfast shows have teamed up to report on the visit and meeting between Catherine and Mary. No mention of why the D and D of Cambridge will visit Denmark so you can guess what Channel 7 and Channel 9 will focus on... *COUGH* Everything but UNICEF *COUGH*
Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Nobility

After the Unicef visit, william and Catherine will board on the british airways plane to a visit of the infrastructure and the process of how to deliver packs to east africa before the plane leaves to the region. The plane will be stationned on the copenhagen airport. The packs centred here in copenhagen are delivered daily or weekly by the B.A. who offered their services to UNICEF at the beginning of the process.

They will tour the place with the staff involved in the delivering in africa.

Dont know if Mary and Fred will accompagne them. (not sure about the word "accompagne" if it's really an english one). Sorry!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Majesty

BT has a few details about the schedule for tomorrow: Her kan du se Will og Kate i morgen - Royale - BT.dk

Kate and William will have lunch with M&F at Amalienborg and at 14.30 all four of them will visit the UNICEF centre, which is located in Copenhagen city.
It is expected they will pose a bit for the press and onlookers here.

They will visit the centre for about two hours and also help a bit with the packaging (lots of photos I guess) and around 16.15 they will all leave the centre, after which Kate and William will return home.

It is not yet known for certain when they will arrive in Denmark.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
After the Unicef visit, william and Catherine will board on the british airways plane to a visit of the infrastructure and the process of how to deliver packs to east africa before the plane leaves to the region. The plane will be stationned on the copenhagen airport. The packs centred here in copenhagen are delivered daily or weekly by the B.A. who offered their services to UNICEF at the beginning of the process.

They will tour the place with the staff involved in the delivering in africa.

Dont know if Mary and Fred will accompagne them. (not sure about the word "accompagne" if it's really an english one). Sorry!
No worries! You're close, it's "accompany"
Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Nobility

Oh thank you American Dane. Do you know that writing and participate to this forum make me improve my english? I learn a lot from all of you, so even if we do not agree on one thing or another, our "exchanges" really do some good to me. For that: many many thanks.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Your English is very good, Rosapru, and your command of it is better than many people of my acquaintance who grew up with that as their native-born language. And thanks to you and Muhler for the Danish itinerary.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Nobility

You are welcome Baroness! Just one day left. I'm so exicted... Are some of our danish counterpart going to try to have a glimpse at the two royal couples? I so envy you if you can succeed. As the two of you who did so lovely reports and photos in NY last week.

So who is going to make a try in Copenhagen?
Old 11-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Courtier

Muhler, isn't Countess Alexander the patron for the past 8 or 9 years? Why isn't she included.......certainly her past years experience would be very valuable to the four Royals, who are all new to this patronage
Old 11-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Muhler, isn't Countess Alexander the patron for the past 8 or 9 years? Why isn't she included.......certainly her past years experience would be very valuable to the four Royals, who are all new to this patronage
I don't know.

Presumably, and I'm speculating here, because M&F have been involved in the work of UNICEF recently. And because William and Kate are paying a curtesy call to M&F while they happen to be in DK, so why not go all four of them? It's after all a subject of common interest.

I can imagine Alexandra chooses to stay away out of curtesy. It can so easily be interpreted as if she's trying to get a little attention - and after all it's UNICEF and the work they do that matters.

(Corrected to UNICEF. Thanks Ricarda ).
Old 11-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Alexandra meeting the Cambridges would have been a missed PR opportunity for the DRF since Alexandra isnt a member anymore. On the opposite, a meeting between M&F & the Cambridges is priceless PR and will make worldwide headlines, mainly because of Kate's star power for the BRF and the media interest in the meeting of 2 "fashion icons" who are seen as equal (Kate is not CP as yet but both women represent the young generation and future monarchy).

I agree with Muhler - my guess is too that Alex stayed away out of courtesy or didnt want to get involved into the media frenzy, leaving the limelight to M&F.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Alexandra is the patron of UNICEF (UNESCO is the patronage of Marie,Muhler). But does that mean no other royal is allowed to visit UNICEF's distribution center without Alexandra being included? I would find that very odd and a very good argument against ex-royals keeping royal patronages.

Alexandra has not been included in every UNICEF event of the past years. And she is not at all involved with the current relief work in East Africa which is the main focus of the Cambridge's visit. So, which experience of her would be very valuable for the 4 royals? I am sure there will be UNICEF members around who will be of greater value.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Courtier

How long is the flight from London to Copenhagen...? Sounds like a long and busy day trip...
Old 11-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

London-Copenhagen flights are around two hours in duration. So not long at all.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
..... I would find that very odd and a very good argument against ex-royals keeping royal patronages.
Bear with me if I've mentioned this before: IMO it's about time
Countess Alexandra gave up her patronages! I'm not sure the
RF-Danes agree on this , but I find it confusing that beside
our royals we have this quasi-royal person attending events,
walking about with a posey and waving to the crowd as in her
princess days.

It's been six years since the divorce and it's time to move on IMO!
She had 14 patronages for a long time, but she's down to thirteen
now.

Maybe I'll get egg on my face tomorrow, but I still believe that
protocol will see to Alexandra being 'unable to attend' or whatever!

Sorry for going off on an Alexandra- tangent, but it's relevant in
this case!

viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
How long is the flight from London to Copenhagen...? Sounds like a long and busy day trip...
Airborne time is no more than one hour and a half! It's the taxiing to & from the runway and the 'holding' stacks that takes time! Anyway I bet that their flight won't be delayed !

viv
Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Majesty

An article from BT comparing Mary and Kate: Mary og Kate er prinsessekloner - Royale - BT.dk

While waiting for the big moment BT has chosen to fill the void with the words of an expert.
That includes polls, we'll return to those later.

An editor from a fashion magazine is commenting on their style. Well, he may know something about style, I can't say, but that's clearly about all he knows....
So let us amuse ourselves and learn what he has to say.

The editor, Christ Pedersen says: "You really can't remember very much about Mary, apart from her being mother of four. That's why Mary still needs to figure out what is her cause. (*) Kate has the same problem. And that's why there is so much focus on their clothes".

There isn't a big difference between the clothes worn by Mary and Kate, apart from Mary perhaps dressing more expensively determines Chris Pedersen and adds: "But we have also seen Mary show up in a H&M skirt. That's why she and Kate in reality are the symbols of the ordinary princess, who does the combination of the very expensive, exclusive and dream-like with some clothes, which people feel is unattainable". (**)

That Mary is fond of shoes from Louboutin is well known and Chris Pedersen adds: "Kate has a couple of skin-colored shoes, which she has often been seen wearing. I can't remember the brand, but I know they cost 99 £, while Mary's skin-colored shoes are from Louboutin".

Now, who has got the best style? Chris Pedersen is in no doubt: "Mary has. No doubt. You can see that she dares go a bit further. She doesn't have to please as many people because our middleclass is neater and their taste is on a higher level than the English middleclass. (***) That's why there are many here at home who can well understand a nice dress and a couple of beautiful shoes than there is in England. (****)
I think Kate is very mousey (dull looking) to look at, even though she has an incredible nice hair. But I don't think she's one, you turn around on the street to look at. Nor can I remember any clothes Kate has been wearing. While I can remember a lot of clothes Mary has been wearing".

- Well, now we know that.

(*) Apart from UNICEF, the Mary Foundation and culture, just to mention a couple of the insignificant trivialities Mary is involved in. - I'll leave it to others to deal with Kate.

(**) Did that make sense to you?

(***) Please don't pelt me, I'm merely translating.

(****) Ah, so you need to knowlegeble and sophisticated in order to understand fashion. - Hmm, reminds me of something, what can that be? - Got it! The Emperor's new clothes....

The polls are from top down:
Do you think they resemble each other?
- No.
- Yes.
- Dunno.

Who has hottest husband?
- Mary.
- Kate.
- Don't know.

Who is most the beautiful?

Who has the best style?
- Mary, no doubt.
- Kate's clothes are nicer, because it's cheaper.
- Their style cannot be compared.
- Don't know.

Who had the best wedding dress?
- you know by now....