The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
This is going to be so exciting, I'd never imagined them to come to Denmark this soon , I'm definitely going to try to get a glimpse of them on Wednesday (as the half of Copenhagen probably will, oh how crowded it will be) :)
Don't forget your camera, archduchess! I wish I could be there, but in spite of the Great-Belt link it's still too much of a trip.

viv

Old 10-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Methinks there a bit of female-chauvinism going on here.

It's all about Kate and Mary.
How about Frederik and William?
I freely admit that Kate and Mary are prettier to look at, buuut for the ladies I'll bid you a Frederik in his navy gala http://stylespotter.dk/wp-content/up...ronprins-1.jpg versus William in a....suit https://picasaweb.google.com/1008659...50104718058882

- Have a tudekiks = cry-bisquit on the way out.

(And in case anyone should be in doubt, this is good-natured banter)

Old 10-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Its worse - its all about what dress is wearing Kate and what dress Mary and who looks better. UNICEF can consider themselves lucky if they get some sideline in the coverage.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Methinks there a bit of female-chauvinism going on here.

How about Frederik and William?
I freely admit that Kate and Mary are prettier to look at, buuut for the ladies I'll bid you a Frederik in his navy gala http://stylespotter.dk/wp-content/up...ronprins-1.jpg versus William in a....suit https://picasaweb.google.com/1008659...50104718058882

- Have a tudekiks = cry-bisquit on the way out.

(And in case anyone should be in doubt, this is good-natured banter)
I guess they both will wear suits... But indeed, Frederick is a fine piece of a man, while William is just nice (my opinion, of course). But what I look forward to the most is seeing two couples very much in love trying to help others. Those who are only interested in reading about the fashion choices propably won't give money anyway but others might whose heart opens up when they see two loving couples together in beautiful Copenhagen.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I guess they both will wear suits... But indeed, Frederick is a fine piece of a man, while William is just nice (my opinion, of course). But what I look forward to the most is seeing two couples very much in love trying to help others. Those who are only interested in reading about the fashion choices propably won't give money anyway but others might whose heart opens up when they see two loving couples together in beautiful Copenhagen.
I'm in complete agreement, especially regarding Frederik as "a fine piece of a man"
Old 10-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Frederik is definitely a fine piece of man, i'd have him as my hubbie any day
Old 10-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its worse - its all about what dress is wearing Kate and what dress Mary and who looks better. UNICEF can consider themselves lucky if they get some sideline in the coverage.
I suspect you've hit the nail on the head with that statement, my dear Duke.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Oh gosh, I can see this thread is going to be a filled by Wednesday! And then afterwards...........!
Both princesses are absolutely lovely in their own individual ways and I think they are actually quite similar at first glance, even with the age-gap. However, once they are together, it will be interesting to see how they are probably very different in reality. Either way, being a polite gentleman (wel, sometimes) I wouldn't wish to make comparisons.
As for Frederik and William, I hope (like their wives) they form a good solid friendship.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I like Mary and Kate (and of course William and Frederik), so I'm really looking forward to this engagement. I just hope there won't be tons of comparisons between the two women.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

I hope that the focus will be on the charity case, but I'm afraid that press would like to write more about similarity between Kate and Mary, their outfits and interaction.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Courtier

Fred is a delightful charming man and I imagine they will give William and Kate a tour of their new palace and the nursery with the twins. That will be a relaxing way to get to know one another. Then off to UNICEF and duty calls. Kate will experience what real megawatt charm is, by the goodlooking Danish viking with lots of experience under his belt. [Tongue in cheek comment by me.]
Old 10-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, I'm sure the nursery and playroom will be Kate's favorite rooms in the palace given how much she loves children.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
And let's hope comparisons and comments won't be so vitriolic here that threads have to be closed down again.
That will only happen, if we allow it to happen.

Ignore and/or report the trolls or nasty comments and move on. Simple.

As long as any "comparisons" are good natured, there is no reason why we can't have a little fun.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Courtier

I think both Crown Princess Mary and the Duchess of Cambridge would be well aware of the media frenzy that is going to come about with this visit, but these are two mature, level headed women and I think that they will handle the situation brilliantly.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure the nursery and playroom will be Kate's favorite rooms in the palace given how much she loves children.
Now I'd love to see her interactions with the twins as well as Christian and Isabella. Catherine and William are both very good with children, so I bet all would be having a ball.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Courtier

My thoughts exactly DariaS. Looking at pics of William and Kate's interaction with children, I would love to see a pic of the two of them holding the twins and having a conversation with Christian and Isabella...priceless.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That will only happen, if we allow it to happen.

Ignore and/or report the trolls or nasty comments and move on. Simple.

As long as any "comparisons" are good natured, there is no reason why we can't have a little fun.
And that's why the majority of us are here; to enjoy and have some good-natured fun chatting about our favorite royals!
Old 10-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
And that's why the majority of us are here; to enjoy and have some good-natured fun chatting about our favorite royals!
And that is the truth.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Courtier

Well, this is exciting.
These two couples have always seemed, to me, to have a lot in common. William and Frederik have both not only served, but have done very well, in the armed forces. Both couples have links with Australia. They seem to have a similar style in dealing with the public and in how approach their roles. I can see them getting on very well.
I've always been curious as to how these less formal foreign visits are arranged. Someone gets the idea that William and Catherine should go pack boxes in Copenhagen for UNICEF. Does a member of their staff then contact his/her counterpart in Denmark and run the idea by them? How does it turn into a joint venture with both British and Danish royals involved? Have the royals made contact with each other at any point or is everything arranged through their employees? The background prep that must be involved in setting these sorts of things up is interesting to me.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Majesty

I believe that William and Catherine came up with the idea of going to Copenhagen themselves, so they probably contacted their personnel and the arrangements went on from there.