The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2011, 04:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't know about the Australian media but, if Prince Frederik is married to a former Australian Estate Agent then Prince William is married to a former British Unemployed Nobody!

So, that sort of media snarking would be totally counter-productive.

Now when it comes to "The Fashion Stakes" well, that's a whole other deal . . . . . . High Street Catherine gets fashion tips from High End Mary or, Mary shares her many and expensive hair secrets . . . . .

Or, they could go for the ultimate sugar rush "Two Totally Loved-up Royal Couples share their secrets to their long loving relationships". . . .

Or, just a wild but slim chance . . . ."Danish CP Couple host Britain's newest Royal Couple and share their passion for UNICEF and it's work in East Africa!
I can hope can't I?
Haha good one MARG!

Old 10-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I don't know if she will be there or not, but I really don't understand why it would be awkward. They are all young, modern people who would take the situation for what it is.
Especially as William's own father has been divorced and married again. I personally think that William is well aware of the fact that the second son of the queen of Denmark is divorced and remarried as this was mentioned in the British media at the time and surely was noticed at court as well, because of the way it was handled and how it turned out.

The world of Royality is small, after all and the Danish Royals are Philip's own family, with William being a male-line Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Gluecksburg as much as Frederick himself, well, even more, as only Frederick's mother is a SHSG.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I don't know if she will be there or not, but I really don't understand why it would be awkward. They are all young, modern people who would take the situation for what it is.
It may not be awkward for the royals involved, nor may it be awkward for Unicef Denmark - they kept the countess as a patron after the divorce! My worry is about the stance of the royal Danish court! Some of us haven't forgotten their ridiculous, protocol related handling of Alexandra's presence at the christening of Prince Christian, and there was a case of 'near clash' in connection with the inauguration of a concert hall, which was avoided.
As for Alexandra's presence: I want to see it before I believe it. OK?? !

viv
Old 10-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
^^ Maybe,but there are no pictures.
Sure, which does not mean it did not happen!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to visit the UNICEF supply centre in Denmark with Princess Mary and Prince Frederik - hellomagazine.com
Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Sure, which does not mean it did not happen!
Oh,Muriel I was not doubting that!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

In the red corner we have Mary and in the...

The Mary/Kate comparison has begun: https://picasaweb.google.com/1008659...354/KateVSMary

A nice little gallery.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

The Mary/Kate comparison has begun: https://picasaweb.google.com/1008659...354/KateVSMary

A nice little gallery.
Oh Lord give me strength !
Only Billed Bladet could dream that up!

viv
Old 10-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Quote:
A nice little gallery.
viv
I must say that I find CPss Mary to be more modern than Catherine. The Duchess looks so conservative, not in a negative way, but compared to CPss Mary.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
I must say that I find CPss Mary to be more modern than Catherine. The Duchess looks so conservative, not in a negative way, but compared to CPss Mary.
FasterB I agree, maybe it just reflects the fact that British and Danish/Scandinavian women have different sartorial taste! It's difficult to pinpoint what it is; maybe it's in the style, maybe it's in the colour coordination , maybe it's in the accessorizing - I'm not sure!
Maybe Duchess Catherine is adhering to to the British Upper Class and /or Aristocratic standards, which don't count in a Danish context??

viv
Old 10-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

viv
You ain't seen anyting yet!

No, the picture-editors are tap-dancing with joy.
Pics of Mary and Kate together!

Unless both Mary and Kate put a hanger inside their mouths so that they constantly look like this: there will inevitable be different facial expressions that can be interpreted and used as basis for all sorts of headlines:
X and Y are best friends.
Y is jealous of X.
X is snubbing Y.
Y is sympathetic of X and consoles her....
Aaaand so on.

- There is however one thing we can be pretty certain of. Their husbands will be reduced to props.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You ain't seen anyting yet!
I picked this up on the Daily Mail website! Please delete if I'm one of the Johnny-come-lately's!

Kate Middleton and Prince Williams to pack Somalia famine relief Unicef aid boxes | Mail Online

viv
Old 10-27-2011, 01:17 PM

It'll be nice to see the four of them together. It's entirely the right time for William to start mixing more with his future foreign counterparts.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
FasterB I agree, maybe it just reflects the fact that British and Danish/Scandinavian women have different sartorial taste! It's difficult to pinpoint what it is; maybe it's in the style, maybe it's in the colour coordination , maybe it's in the accessorizing - I'm not sure!
I don't think continental European's take themselves as seriously as the British, and this is also reflected in the way the dress.

Denmark is a country whose modernity of style is renowned the world over. It's little wonder it should have a Crown Princess who enjoys a contemporary mode of dress and is willing to take a chance.

I find Mary's wardrobe to have a real élan. Appropriately feminine and chic. Where as I find Catherine's wardrobe although elegant, generally ageing for a woman of 30.

You'd be forgiven for thinking she were a lawyer, if merely judging by appearances.

Mary I feel, however, is well established in most aspects of her life and her role and this is reflected in the way she dresses. She has room to breathe, is settled and isn't confined to any sociatel expecations regarding her wardrobe, as long as it remains stylish and age appropriate. Catherine, who is practically starting out needs time to establish herself and a look that truly works for her. I'm sure she enjoys the clothes we wears, but her evident restraint, particularly where her day wear is concerned, says to me that she is advised to dress in accordance with what is expected of a woman, be that a royal Duchess, at court.

The 'the firm', indeed

Quote:
Maybe Duchess Catherine is adhering to to the British Upper Class and /or Aristocratic standards, which don't count in a Danish context??
Quite possibly so.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

A nice little gallery.
Oh, dear, let the princess wars begin......
Old 10-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

I love both crown princess Mary and the duchess of cambridge Let us not compare them to each other they are married to handsome princes and both have style.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Courtier

I think this has all been done before...whether it be Mary vs Catherine, Marie vs Mary or Marie vs Catherine...and it is easy to do with these three contemporaries because they are of a similar physique, colouring, age and situation (commoner spouses of princes)...and being contemporaries means in terms of fashion, they are all wearing similar styles of the day with Mary favouring the Prada or Danish version, Catherine the UK designer equivalent and Marie perhaps the French or Danish designers...But all of it is basically a variation on theme...
Old 10-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Comparing them is so predicable!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

This is going to be so exciting, I'd never imagined them to come to Denmark this soon , I'm definitely going to try to get a glimpse of them on Wednesday (as the half of Copenhagen probably will, oh how crowded it will be) :)

Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

A nice little gallery.

Hoo boy...Let the games begin...

Very much looking forward to this event and can't wait!! It's going to be great to see the two couples together working on what is a cause very close to both Royal Couples hearts.