What is your opinion of Frederik and Mary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it also be that those of you who reside in the US are rather limited in regards to what you recieve and what you dont? I mean, it has often been stated that 'the US' doesn't really take an interest in the continental royals and so all that you manage to see is through forums such as these, with the occasional video link here and there...this could also create a view that isn't all that accurate at times...

"MII"

Some of the comments in this thread have left me very disappointed.

So Mary is haughty and arrogant because she wore heels to present her son? If she had worn jeans, a sweatshirt and trainers, she would have been accused of being lazy and disrespectful. She can't win either way.

I can't imagine how ANY of today's princesses have any energy or motivation to get up and face the world in the light of such negativism. They are damned if they do and equally damned if they don't. What a frustrating, lonely and isolating existence. I wonder how many of us could survive with comments like those in this thread hurled our way every single day... very few I suspect. What a horrible way to live.

The fact is that NONE of us know Mary. None of us have REALLY met her. None of us can call her our friend. None of us have heard her friends and family speak about the many things they love so much about her. We can only guess, wonder, imagine and speculate her true character and motivation through SMALL glimpses we see in the media. We all know that the media is questionably objective at the BEST of times and that all of Mary's movements are carefully manoevered by a palace PR team whose job it is to spin, spin, spin.

Mary isn't going anywhere. The birth of Lilleprinsen completely solidifies her role. The sooner we all accept this reality, the better.

Like her or don't like her- that's up to you. Let's just stop complaining endlessly about her. Please.

Eliza

Margrethe II said:
Could it also be that those of you who reside in the US are rather limited in regards to what you recieve and what you dont?

That's not only possible, MII, its a matter of fact!

But the lack of information can work both ways. Generally when they do report what little they do about Fred and Mary the mainstream news coverage in the U.S. is mostly positive or at worst neutral. So if we go by the mainstream news coverage, we're left asking what is everyone so hot and bothered about. But if we get our initial impressions by what's posted in the forums, our impressions can be quite different.

Lady Bluffton said:
but there was something about her walk that struck me as quite haughty and juvenile. "Look here! Look at me, look at me, ME!"

Interesting you say that Lady Bluffton because when I saw the footage, I saw Mary looking at her baby most of the time and smiling. If anything, to me that shouted, Look at HIM, look at HIM, isn't HE adorable? And what first mother wouldn't?

The look between mother and child was so captivating, I could care less how Mary walked when she got out of the hospital.

BTW, I see you're from my home state. :)

Margrethe II said:
Could it also be that those of you who reside in the US are rather limited in regards to what you recieve and what you dont? I mean, it has often been stated that 'the US' doesn't really take an interest in the continental royals and so all that you manage to see is through forums such as these, with the occasional video link here and there...this could also create a view that isn't all that accurate at times...

"MII"

I hardly see any mention of Mary in the USA except in spanish magazines like Vanidades, that caters to the Latin American communities. They seem to have a strong interest in Royals from Europe like Letizia and Mary like in their recent article on Christmas at the Royal Houses. But in general, unless is a scandal related to Monaco's (Princess Grace) kids no one reports on royals.

On the polarization thing, those who don't like her don't need a reason to attack her, they just do. For me, from what I've seen on pictures and messages posted by people who are from the area she lived with her family, she seems to be quite a charming young lady that is doing quite well despite learning as an adult a new language, new customs and adapting to a very busy lifestyle. I like that she is extremely feminine in every pose she makes, from head to toe, and she has a smile that is the best ice breaker anywhere.

Last edited:
I like Frederik and Mary . They don't bother me. Same with other Princes and Princesses.I may not have interest in them but I don't bother about them and they don't bother me either.:D

Originally Posted by Larzen
Another possible reason the fashion events get so much attention could be that in 2005 she attend 13-14 official fashion related events and several fashionshows in private as well, how many events did she attend for the heart association??

It can be done.The Heart Association could have that much attention like the Copenhagen International Fashiom Fair if they held exhibitions twice a year running for a few days with scores of programmes daily. I am sure Mary will then attend as many as she could like CIFF.:D

lise said:
I personally don't have anything against Frederik and Mary. After reading some of the posts on this thread I believe Mary is a victim of the age old saying "First impressions last".

I think that's a good point lise. And is it just me, or has it seemed to be extra difficult for Mary to climb out of that image that has gripped people's minds for so long?

You would think that a year after those photoshoots and interviews -- and a pretty big year at that with successful overseas trips to New York, Japan, Australia, Greeland and a baby who will one day be king -- that image would be erased by now, or in the least a faded memory. But many people still cling to the Mary is a model/Mary is a clotheshorse image.

I wonder what it would take to change people's mind that she cares about clothes to the length that most people do: She wants to look good/professional when she goes about her royal duties. Or even if you add that she is interested in fashion and the latest trends but not consumed by it, would that erase the Mary/fashion link?

The point is not many people think that way and hold on to that view. Only a few bothered people.:D

Alexandria said:
I think that's a good point lise. And is it just me, or has it seemed to be extra difficult for Mary to climb out of that image that has gripped people's minds for so long?

Harmony said:
The point is not many people think that way and hold on to that view. Only a few bothered people.:D

I think Mary was placed inside of that image by the press, like a geniie in a bottle, and she can't escape that. The press needed a new Princess to talk about, and until William marries Kate, Princess Mary will be the dish to be served. If Camilla was 30 years younger she would be fighting Mary for those covers.

Alisa said:
I don't think that is the reason. In 2005 she attended about 28 non-fashion patronage engagements, that is twice the amount of official fashion engagements she carried out.
First, let me say I have nothing against Fred and Mary. But I think part of why she's perceived as nothing but a "fashion princess" is that she made her fashion patronages her primary focus. Someone posted the list of her patronages early in this thread and she has quite a few non fashion patronages. But when she spreads 28 engagements over 15-20 non fashion patronages, and does 15 fashion engagements, it looks like she only attends fashion events. I think if she found one or two non fashion patronages and made multiple visits and undertooks multiple engagements with them, it would look less like she just does fashion engagements.

Thank you Ysbel and Toledo for your responses ;) :)

"MII"

I guess, at the end of the day that those who aren't fond of or even dont like Mary are quite happy to be this way. They seem quite content in trying to project a negative view of the Crown Princess and no indavidual shall sway their prejudiced views, even if presented with material and facts that could make all see just how truely kind and sincere she really is.

And it's very true! First impressions last and for many, this seems to the case. But, at least those who have stated this, realise it ;)

"MII"

But when she spreads 28 engagements over 15-20 non fashion patronages, and does 15 fashion engagements, it looks like she only attends fashion events. I think if she found one or two non fashion patronages and made multiple visits and undertooks multiple engagements with them, it would look less like she just does fashion engagements.

That is not true . :)

Here are some of the events Mary has attended associated with her patronages in 2005.

Tuesday 11 January at 2pm HRH The Crown Princess, as the new patron, attends a meeting at The Christmas Seal Foundation

Thursday 13 January at 11am HRH The Crown Princess inaugurates new rooms and opens an exhibition at GAIA in Randers

Tuesday 18 January at 2pm HRH The Crown Princess, as the new patron, attends a meeting at The Danish Mental Health Fund in Copenhagen

Thursday 10 February at 11am HRH The Crown Princess visits the CIFF at Bella Center for the Copenhagen International Fashion Fair 10 - 13 February 2005.

Friday 11 February at 1pm HRH The Crown Princess visits CPH Vision fashion fair in Øksnehallen, Copenhagen

Sunday 13 February at 3pm HRH The Crown Princess as the patron hands out the Designer's Nest award in connection with a fashion show in Øksnehallen, Copenhagen

Wednesday 16 February at 2pm HRH The Crown Princess as the new patron attends a meeting at The Danish Association for Mental Health in Vanløse

Mary at Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, 4 March 2005 - Darlinghurst, Sydney. Mary is Honorary Life Governor, The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute.

Mary at Mental Health Foundation lunch, 3 March 2005 -Four Seasons Hotel, Sydney. ary, who is the patron of Denmark’s Association for Mental Health, the Brain Injury Association and the Mental Health Fund, is supporting the Australian Mental Health Foundation’s Embrace the Future campaign.

Thursday 31 March at 3:50pm HRH The Crown Princess hands over the MIA-award in Copenhagen

Wednesday 13 April at 1pm HRH The Crown Princess inaugurates a new research centre for the danish cancer society in Copenhagen

Sunday 3 April HRH The Crown Princess set off the one day collection of money for the danish cancer society

Thursday 12 May from 1pm to 2pm HRH The Crown Princess, as the patron of Research Day, hands over the research communications' award at Kronborg castle

Friday 13 May at 10am HRH The Crown Princess visits a school (online schedule: Enghave Plads Skole) in inner city Copenhagen, in connection with the danish mental health's fund's children- and youth project's information bus visiting schools in the capital city area

Wednesday 25 May at 10am HRH The Crown Princess attends the workshop "Danish Fashion in North America", at the the danish museum of decorative art in Copenhagen. It is arranged by Danish-American Business Forum in co-operation with danish exporters and federation of danish textile and clothing industry

Monday 30 May HRH The Crown Princess, as patron of Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (CIFF), participated in an unofficial meeting at Bella Center concerning the fashion spring/summer 2006

Monday 6 June HRH The Crown Princess paid a private visit to Danish Industry in Industriens Hus, Copenhagen.

Thursday 9 June HRH The Crown Princess as patron paid an unofficial visit to the danish refugee council where she was informed about the work of the organisation

Friday 10 June HRH The Crown Princess as patron attended an information's meeting at Rare Disorders Denmark

Thursday 16 June at 5:30pm HRH The Crown Princess attends Fashion Design Akademiet's show in Øksnehallen, Copenhagen

Tuesday 28 June HRH The Crown Princess as patron, attended a meeting at the danish kidney association to learn about the living conditions for the sufferers of kidney diseases and the work of the organisation

Tuesday 28 June HRH The Crown Princess as patron, visited the Children's Aid Foundation - Every Day, where the Crown Princess met the staff and board of directors, and got informations about the daily work of the organisation

It is too long and the forum does not allow me to post all in one posting. I will continue in the next post the other half.

Last edited:
My first impression of Mary was really good. I liked her. But at her wedding she seemed like an Ice Queen. But, I really began to like her after. But I have been able to see recently the negative side of Mary people talk about. But I think she is doing a great job.

Harmony said:
That is not true . :)

Here are some of the events Mary has attended associated with her patronages in 2005.

It is too long and the forum does not allow me to post all in one posting. I will continue in the next post the other half.
I know that she attends many events with her patronages. What I was saying was that when she attends one or two events with each of these patronages and then attends 15 events focusing on fashion, it looks like she is only doing fashion events. If she attend 15 events at one non-fashion patronage, that patronage would get the most publicity.

kwanfan said:
she attends one or two events with each of these patronages and then attends 15 events focusing on fashion.

I am sure you are exagerating here Kwanfan... ;) :D

"MII"

The rest of the events associated with her patronages for the remaining year.:)

Monday 8 August As patron of WHO Regional Office for Europe, HRH The Crown Princess participated in a meeting at the Regional Office in Copenhagen and was informed about the tasks of the region

Thursday 11 August at 11am HRH The Crown Princess (patron), attends the opening of fashion fair in Bella Center for CIFF 11-14th august

Thursday 11 August at 2pm HRH The Crown Princess attends the inauguration of the entrepreneur park "Montre" in Den Hvide Kødby, Copenhagen

Friday 12 August at 11:50am HRH The Crown Princess visits the fashion fair CPH Vision in Øksnehallen, Copenhagen

Saturday 13 August at 4pm HRH The Crown Princess, as patron, hands over the the award Designers Nest in Øksnehallen, Copenhagen

Saturday 13 August at 7:10pm HRH The Crown Princess (patron) attends the danish refugee council's fashion show at The Royal Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture on Holmen, Copenhagen

Tuesday 16 August at 2pm HRH The Crown Princess attends the opening of a new cancer councelling in Vejle and visits Sct. Maria Hospice Center

Monday 22 August As patron for The Danish Cultural Institute HRH The Crown Princess participated in a meeting at the Institute's head quarter in Copenhagen and was informed about the Institute's structure, purpose and work and was presented for the employees

Tuesday 23 August at 11am HRH The Crown Princess as patron attends The Danish Heart Association’s press conference in Parken

Thursday 25 August at 7pm HRH The Crown Princess (as patron) participates in The Danish Cultural Institute’s celebration of 15 years activities in Latvia

Friday 26 August at 12 midday HRH The Crown Princess attends a reception in the occasion of Geelsgård Special School's 50. jubilee in Virum

Monday 29 August at 2pm HRH The Crown Princess (as patron) visits the Danish Refugee Council’s volunteers workers, Netværksgruppen on Nørrebro - Frivillighuset, Copenhagen

Monday 29 August at 3:30pm HRH The Crown Princess (as patron) receives the Christmas Seal Foundation at Chr. VIII Palace, Amalienborg, for the presentation of this years Christmas Seal

Wednesday 31 August at 11am As patron of "SIND" HRH The Crown Princess opens the Dalgas (special for adults) School event "Kiss the Frog" under The 2005 Aarhus Festival.

Sunday 4 September at 3pm HRH The Crown Princess (as patron) presents the victory trophy at the golf tournament in Kokkedal

Monday 5 September at 2pm HRH The Crown Princess, as patron, receives a donation for the brain injury association from Mr. and Mrs. Remmen at Hotel D'Angleterre

Tuesday 6 September at 10am HRH The Crown Princess (as patron) receives a collected sum for the Christmas Seal from Inner Wheel at the Chancellery house

Wednesday 7 September at 2pm HRH The Crown Princess attends the inauguration of the Hans Knudsen Institute's new building, Copenhagen

Saturday 10 September at 9:30am HRH The Crown Princess (as patron of Danish Mental Health Fund, & WHO regional office for Europe) attends a conference arranged by The Danish Mental Health Fund together with WHO and The Association for education and research into suicide prevention at Rigshospitalet on the World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD).

Tuesday 13 September HRH Crown Princess Mary (as patron) participates in a work meeting with the Danish Heart Association

Wednesday 14th Sept on the advice of her doctors, the rest of the Crown Princess's public arrangememnts are cancelled.

Source of Iinformation-The Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark Message Board with thanks.

Last edited:
I don´t think Mary is introverted. An real introverted person would never marry a crown prince. No matter, how much she loves him.

Princess May of Teck, who was well known to be painfully shy, married Prince George, who, although not crown Prince at the time, was next in line to the British throne. There are degrees of introversion; it's possible to be somewhat introverted or shy and still be able to live a public sort of life.

I think Mary is a clothes horse that has little interest in being a royal other than the perks. I don't like the fact that she spends so much money either, it has been quoted that she spent 15,000 dollars on calls to Australia during her engagement, along with this she has only been in the role 2 years and yet has aquired over 400 pairs of shoes alone and these shoes are the top of the range prada, laboutin ect. If she wasn't a clothes horse why would she need to always have a new handbag for practically every occasion, new shoes and designer clothes, none of the other princesses are this extravagant when it comes to what they wear. There is a difference between looking nice, and an up to the minute fashion horse. Mary recycles yes, but there is always a new item thrown in there that has more than likely not yet been seen. The denmark royals are not the weathiest royal family and mary appears to think that the royal wealth is at her disposal and doesn't consider the consequences of how her spending may look to some members of the public.

angele said:
I think Mary is a clothes horse that has little interest in being a royal other than the perks. I don't like the fact that she spends so much money either, it has been quoted that she spent 15,000 dollars on calls to Australia during her engagement, along with this she has only been in the role 2 years and yet has aquired over 400 pairs of shoes alone and these shoes are the top of the range prada, laboutin ect.
What is your source for these figures? Did she invite you home and show her a closet filled with 400 pairs of shoes and dit you check every label? It doesn't seem to me that she has more shoes than e.g. CP Maxima.
'It has been quoted'.... lots of things are 'quoted', by many different people with many different convictions.

Your statements like her being a clothes horse and having little interest in being a royal seem to me to lack substance and reason.

hard to compare the two princesses because people showed in general a lot more respect towards each other then and it might have been easier to overcome shyness.

Elspeth said:
Princess May of Teck, who was well known to be painfully shy, married Prince George, who, although not crown Prince at the time, was next in line to the British throne. There are degrees of introversion; it's possible to be somewhat introverted or shy and still be able to live a public sort of life.

Margrethe II said:
And, I dont think so... Fashion stood out because the media wanted it to, not Mary.

"MII" :)
I think so too, MII. Mary attended the seminar held last year on the prevention of suicide, but the picture of her sitting in an auditorium with others does not sell nearly as well as pictures of her sitting with princess Alexandra or another good-looking friend by a catwalk. The fashion pictures are repeated much more in the press than pictures of her arriving at or leaving a meeting with one of her patronages.
Some posters have advised that Mary follow Alexandra's example. Taken from memory, I'm not at all sure that Alexandra was very active with her patronages less than 2 years into her marriage. Moreover, Alexandra did not have a newborn at this point in her marriage. J&A were married about 4 years before they had their first child.

UserDane said:

What is your source for these figures? Did she invite you home and show her a closet filled with 400 pairs of shoes and dit you check every label? It doesn't seem to me that she has more shoes than e.g. CP Maxima.
'It has been quoted'.... lots of things are 'quoted', by many different people with many different convictions.

I don't make things up userdane and I wouldn't say this if it werent something I read. There was an article I am sorry but I no longer have it a while ago that was annoyed with mary's spending quoting the cost of her telephone calls to Australia and the figure of how many shoes she has bought since her engagment. The article was critical yes and it compared the annoyance that some had on Mary's spending to the country of denmark and its number of unemployed, in comparison to Mary's spending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I also note that it is reasonable that more pictures are available online in connection with the Copenhagen Fashion Fair, as it seems to me that more photoagencies cover the fashion fair, and thus also gets their shots of Mary, than Mary's visit to a new patronage, such as the Christmas stamp foundation? Maybe it is the sheer mass of pictures twice a year that leave an inprint in people's mind?

I suppose a regular reader of Her og Nå, Se og Hør and Billed-Bladet would not, maybe, come out with the same image of Mary as a fashion-addict as people who rely on the online photoagencies.

In relation to her spending much money on clothes - Mette-Marit was under scrutiny from the press about the same thing closely after her wedding, and she said that before she married Haakon, she hadn't the need for gala dresses, or other fancy clothes - it meant that she had to build up a new wardrobe. I expect the same is true for Mary, and the other princesses. Only someone who has been royal for some time, like Margrethe, Sonja etc. has built up the wardrobe over time - and so it may not seem like they're spending so much money on clothes, because they have dresses that can be altered and used again.

But this thread is what bothers me about Mary and Frederik. Currently it is that Mary went back in the business so quickly.

I feel that she should have had a longer maternity leave. Granted, they don't have regular jobs, but the baby is pretty regular, and I doubt anyone would have scoffed their noses if Mary had chosen three-four months of completely duty-less time.

angele said:
[I don't make things up userdane and I wouldn't say this if it werent something I read. There was an article I am sorry but I no longer have it a while ago that was annoyed with mary's spending quoting the cost of her telephone calls to Australia and the figure of how many shoes she has bought since her engagment. The article was critical yes and it compared the annoyance that some had on Mary's spending to the country of denmark and its number of unemployed, in comparison to Mary's spending.
Something you read? I have read lots of things that I would never take at face value.
Basically, what Mary and Frederik spend is their problem - they have to keep within the financial limits set for them - therefore it doesn't make sense to discuss whether they spend too much. The problem would only arise if they applied for more money. And they won't do that because e.g. Mary's wardrobe is being built up during the first years as CP (I think that all CPs have rather high costs of clothing in their first years as CP; unless you were born a princess, few women enter that 'job' with the required wardrobe).

Comparing the perceived costs of Mary's wardrobe to the number of unemployed in Denmark is laughable. Why not compare the restaurant bills for public elected politicans to the number of unemployed - that would make sense.

UserDane said:
Something you read?
I have read lots of things that I would never take at face value.Basically, what Mary and Frederik spend is their problem - they have to keep within the financial limits set for them - therefore it doesn't make sense to discuss whether they spend too much. The problem would only arise if they applied for more money. And they won't do that because e.g. Mary's wardrobe is being built up during the first years as CP (I think that all CPs have rather high costs of clothing in their first years as CP; unless you were born a princess, few women enter that 'job' with the required wardrobe).

Comparing the perceived costs of Mary's wardrobe to the number of unemployed in Denmark is laughable. Why not compare the restaurant bills for public elected politicans to the number of unemployed - that would make sense.
Wonderfully expressed UserDane :) "MII"
The Crown Princess owning 400 pairs of shoes!!...I really find this quite laughable.lol. I would find it amazing if she had over 200 let alone 400. One musn't forget that most of HRH outfits are "recycled" and mix matched so as to make it look like a newer wardrobe for each appearance, this also goes for her shoe wear.

Also I have noticed comaprisons being made between Mary & Alexandra. This is rediculous. They are two different women who have very seperate roles. Alexandra did it/does it her way whilst Mary shall do it in a manner that is comfortable and familiar, which is the way it should be. HM the Queen seems most proud as does the Prince Consort not to mention the Crown Prince & even Princess Benedikte has made comment on Mary.

Last edited by a moderator:
UserDane said:

Basically, what Mary and Frederik spend is their problem - they have to keep within the financial limits set for them - therefore it doesn't make sense to discuss whether they spend too much. The problem would only arise if they applied for more money. And they won't do that because e.g. Mary's wardrobe is being built up during the first years as CP (I think that all CPs have rather high costs of clothing in their first years as CP; unless you were born a princess, few women enter that 'job' with the required wardrobe).

I do not agree with you. I like Mary very much, she is very classy, but generally speaking, what royals spend is not strictly speaking THEIR problem, because they get allowance from the State.
When Nicky Hilton celabrates Nrew Year wih a bottle of Champaign worthing 100'000.-- $, (source hello) it's really HER problem because she is not a public figur.
But all royals live from their respective States, and it's a big discussion held in many cercles about royals REAL use, so they have to be carefull not to provoke and to shock.
When a single mother working to a Super Market tries to raise up her child alone with a very low revenu, she may be disgusted by seing a CP wearing every day a different Louboutin pair of shoes worthing what exactly she earns per month, because this money comes from HER taxes also, so royals have to be carefull. You are right also for politicians, but the price of a politician's tie or his car are less evidenced than any CP's new crocodile bag. And they could be many people saying that a politician has an exact usefull role, and royals NONE!

Something you read? I have read lots of things that I would never take at face value.

I agree there a lot of sugar coated images about mary that I wouldn't take at face value aswell userdane.

Basically, what Mary and Frederik spend is their problem - they have to keep within the financial limits set for them - therefore it doesn't make sense to discuss whether they spend too much.

Fair enough!

The problem would only arise if they applied for more money. And they won't do that because e.g. Mary's wardrobe is being built up during the first years as CP (I think that all CPs have rather high costs of clothing in their first years as CP; unless you were born a princess, few women enter that 'job' with the required wardrobe).

Why does most things you see her in, have to be prada and top class designers? There are many fashions that aren't up to the minute designs but still look respectable and nice, without being designer labels.

In regards to the comparison of Mary's spending and the unemployed in denmark, its not laughable, the monarchy is there for the people. When your sleeping in a cardboard box and you see a person prancing around in prada and overally priced luxury goods your obviously going to wonder if the expenses for material items cold be money used for more purposeful and valid reasons.

Margrethe II said:
Wonderfully expressed UserDane :)

"MII"

The Crown Princess owning 400 pairs of shoes!!...I really find this quite laughable.lol. I would find it amazing if she had over 200 let alone 400. One musn't forget that most of HRH outfits are "recycled" and mix matched so as to make it look like a newer wardrobe for each appearance, this also goes for her shoe wear.

Actually you be right MII the figure was more like over 200 I thought 400 but my mistake. If you look at what I said previously I know the clothes are recycled but if you look closely most of the time there is always a new item thrown in that we haven't yet seen.

angele said:
Actually you be right MII the figure was more like over 200 I thought 400 but my mistake. If you look at what I said previously I know the clothes are recycled but if you look closely most of the time there is always a new item thrown in that we haven't yet seen.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that Angele.

Indeed, many new items are introduced into her wardrobe over the period of a year (as are all Crown Princesses) but the bulk of it is definitly and most marvellously "recycled"...such an un-royal word.lol.

"MII"

fandesacs2003 said:
I do not agree with you. I like Mary very much, she is very classy, but generally speaking, what royals spend is not strictly speaking THEIR problem, because they get allowance from the State.
When Nicky Hilton celabrates Nrew Year wih a bottle of Champaign worthing 100'000.-- $, (source hello) it's really HER problem because she is not a public figur.
But all royals live from their respective States, and it's a big discussion held in many cercles about royals REAL use, so they have to be carefull not to provoke and to shock.
When a single mother working to a Super Market tries to raise up her child alone with a very low revenu, she may be disgusted by seing a CP wearing every day a different Louboutin pair of shoes worthing what exactly she earns per month, because this money comes from HER taxes also, so royals have to be carefull. You are right also for politicians, but the price of a politician's tie or his car are less evidenced than any CP's new crocodile bag. And they could be many people saying that a politician has an exact usefull role, and royals NONE!

The royal expenditure's primary use and priority is to first and foremost, pay the wages of those employed by the Crown Princely household.

With all due respect, I do feel you being quite dramatic here fandesacs2003. The same could be said for any royal who is a public figure and active (even not always active) member of a ruling family.

"MII"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom