The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 02:25 AM
Gentry

I am sorry that I came across as saying that F&M's courtship lacked romanticism. I am of the opposite view. What I was highlighting from bringing Haakon and Mette is that people's perception to find a fault in F&M's match was unrealized. To them the normalcy surrounding the couple does not therefore speak of a fairytale. You have to remember Cinderella would not have been but for her evil step sisters and Snow White meeting her prince and moving away to another land common place had it not been the obstacles placed by her stepmother. I guess the cynics in us can never be happy.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:44 AM
Courtier

Ladies, gentlemen...please...calm down.

Our moderating staff have already placed a reminder that this thread is not meant for personal attacks on one another. I have not seen any signs of threatening material (so far) so lets hope and make sure it stays this way!

I have recently learnt that flying insults at one another gets us nowhere fast and that if anything, gives those invloved greater cause to dislike those being discussed purely because the person your corresponding with holds them in high regard.

Now that is shallow and petty and really, quite below us all I hope!

Some admire and like Mary whilst others find it more difficult to do the same. At the end of the day she is HRH the Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark, loving mother & wife, future Queen Consort and no amount of blabbling or disagreeing shall change that and I am most confident that the Crown Princess shall succeed & grow in her role now & in the future, with or without the support of this Forums members!

"MII"

Anyone care for a champaz?...It's been a long day!!!

Old 01-11-2006, 02:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you for the sensible post, MII. I've deleted a couple of posts that were made after I posted my warning, and I sincerely hope that'll be the last time one of the moderators has to perform surgery on the thread.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:19 AM
Jaques Demolay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Ladies, gentlemen...please...calm down...
Anyone care for a champaz?...It's been a long day!!!
Margrethe 11

I'll take a glass thankyou. Cheers!! You are correct of course in all you have said.
I haven't been called a gentleman in a while. Felt good!!:)

Regards Jaques D.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:23 AM

What bothers me abot F&M? Well, They are cute together certainly and popular.

I discovered Mary on her wedding day. Saw her with her chin-up in the carriage..I had mixed feelingz then: she was marrying a prince and later becoming queen, and no tears and no emotions showed. (But maybe I had Maxima in head, so tearful on her big day.)
Little things that could bother me about them (and it's only through the media, I have this image of Them, so can be wrong of course):
-Frederik,a bit, looks like a puppy dog following adoringly Mary.
-Mary said she didn't like photos in the documentary prior to her wedding. So why does she pose for Vogue right after her honeymoon? Why , as another poster said, is she constantly looking at the cameras on her?
I found her a bit superficial, comparing to other CPsesse.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElissaGray

I discovered Mary on her wedding day. Saw her with her chin-up in the carriage..I had mixed feelingz then: she was marrying a prince and later becoming queen, and no tears and no emotions showed. (But maybe I had Maxima in head, so tearful on her big day.)
Hi "EG"

The Crown Princess did infact show emotion whilst in the cathederal, wiping tears away from her eyes with her handkerchief. Also, during the reception at Fredensborg, HRH became very teary whilst the Crown Prince read his speech to his bride, along with those of her beloved father & HM the Queen.

Maxima was very emotional, but they are of course two very different women who happen to share the same respective roles.

"MII" :)
Old 01-11-2006, 04:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaques Demolay
Margrethe 11

I'll take a glass thankyou. Cheers!! You are correct of course in all you have said.
I haven't been called a gentleman in a while. Felt good!!:)

Regards Jaques D.
I'll take a glass too! Cheers! :)
Old 01-11-2006, 04:11 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by azile1710
Could it also be possible that Mary is simply more introverted than the other princesses?
VERY interesting to read, Eliza! Thanks for your post.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:34 AM
Jaques Demolay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElissaGray

Little things that could bother me about them (and it's only through the media, I have this image of Them, so can be wrong of course):
-Frederik,a bit, looks like a puppy dog following adoringly Mary.
-Mary said she didn't like photos in the documentary prior to her wedding. So why does she pose for Vogue right after her honeymoon? Why , as another poster said, is she constantly looking at the cameras on her?
I found her a bit superficial, comparing to other CPsesse.
ElissaGray

Although, a devoted DRF fan which includes and especially Mary of course, I at times wonder why she always looks at the camera more than the rest of the DRF. It can be a tad annoying, but I think it is in her makeup, not to disappoint anyone.

For starters I am hopeless in a group where I know no one and so i would call myself a little introverted but that has it's advantages, because it always makes me aware of others who are the same.
If I think someone is the same and they approach me, I go out of my way to make sure they know I have noticed their approach. Something I would not want to do is to slow the process of their gaining confidence.

If Mary is a little introverted and I agree with your previous post, that she may be. She may feel more obliged than any other members of the DRF to allow the photographer to get a decent shot. It could be a fear of not treating everyone with equality. Something I fear at times. If she ignored them as most do, she would be more prone to be called arrogant and a snob, seeing as she is a commoner after all.
I hope that does not sound like a load of rubbish but I know how I feel as an introvert. I am getting better though.

Jaques D.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriana
Please note, I didn't say that one thing was better than the other, just different. Personally, I can relate more with Letizia, because I'm a bit like that myself, but that doesn't mean other 'styles' of expression are worse - just different.
Hi Gloriana,
It was actually not your post I replied to but one from Little Star where she compared the affection which F&M showed on their weddingday with the Beckham couple.
A comparison which I find odd since - IMO - all couples on their wedding day should be allowed to show whatever affection they wish. And F&M are not overdoing the display of affection in public. So a good long kiss in the church after the ceremony is quite all right I think - and a far shot from a Beckham-comparison :)

Old 01-11-2006, 04:55 AM
Jaques Demolay

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
I'll take a glass too! Cheers! :)
princess olga

Cheers! :)

Jaques D.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane
Hi Gloriana,
It was actually not your post I replied to but one from Little Star where she compared the affection which F&M showed on their weddingday with the Beckham couple. A comparison which I find odd since - IMO - all couples on their wedding day should be allowed to show whatever affection they wish. And F&M are not overdoing the display of affection in public. So a good long kiss in the church after the ceremony is quite all right I think - and a far shot from a Beckham-comparison :)
So true ,It's like comparing Britney Spears to Princess grace Those beckhams wouldn't know taste if it fell on them.Money doesn't maketh any taste.:)
Princess Mary looked stunning and elegant on her wedding day.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:06 AM
Courtier

Yes, i agree with Tabbitha. She looked stunning and elegant on her wedding day and even more the day before with the red dress. She looked very regal. Hopefully she and Fredrick will be able to be closer and their love can evolve to a mature relationship with mutual respect and admiration. That will be their ticket to success.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:07 AM
Courtier

Too soon for a group hug? .lol.

Ok, I wont push it

Really though, this is so much better everyone....a tone truely suitable for that of a discussion concerning the Danish Royal Family.

We may disagree on many things, but kindness, subtelty and tact go a long way...valuable qualities I have come to recognise and appreciate myself.

"MI"
Old 01-11-2006, 05:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

One more remark: let we all enjoy the interest of these magazines for today's crownprincesses (most notably in Mary, but also in the others) while we still can, because in a couple of years Princess Kate (or will they change it in Catherine?) sadly will eclipse them all, for the upcoming 20 years at least.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Poor girl who ever she is who ends up marrying William, her ladies in waiting will be more interesting to the general press than the other women (excpet for their own countries that is)
Old 01-11-2006, 05:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel
Well, I believe the fact that she worked in top companies tells us about her intelligence, doesn't it?? I don't think she got jobs there just because she was a good student, sorry but that's just not real.
It tells us about her abilities to make very good work here. Intelligence is not performing well or very well in ONE subject. That's my opinion, but for studying with people who will work in very top universities or schools, I know one can be very performant in ONE matter or subject and have poor conversation or no intelligence in everything else. So, no, for me, intelligence is not related to the fact you're working in very top companies.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:09 AM
Aristocracy

Nothing bothers me about Freddy and Mary, they are a couple in love which is a good sign because they are human and should be allowed to feel this, they are modern parents and want to bring up their child/ren as normal as possible. They respect their royal duties but they also want a normal life more then royal life, we shouldn't judge either of them or other royals cause none of us know them personally to start off with and we all have our own opinion about Mary and Fred and other royals, for all we know they can be the greatest people on earth with a heart of gold.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by azile1710
There have been some very interesting comments in this thread- Great discussion!

There is a point missing from this discussion; I believe that what sets Mary apart is that she and her role gives all of us a little bit of hope. She was an average common young woman who met a boy in a bar- and he turned out to be a prince. How many of us don't secretly dream that would happen to us?!

I think this is the big difference between Mary, Letizia and Maxima. Letizia and Maxima were already in careers that brought them naturally to dinner parties hosted by the upper class of society- most of us can't relate to that. Very few of us are going to find ourselves socializing in a situation where nobles, princes and millionaires are regularly seated next to us at dinner. Letizia and Maxima were already in lives where that was a fairly common occurance and had closets filled with designer suits.

However, most of us have been out with friends to a bar (wearing our favourite jeans!), hoping it would be the one lucky night when and where we would meet the future love of our lives. Whether we want to admit it or not, I think we all secretly feel that WE could have been in Mary's shoes, had we just been at the right bar on the right night.
I don't think that is quite true what you are saying here. I read that she said she knew that there was a royal among those people she was going to meet in that bar and they apparently had mutual friends. So it wasn't exactly such a huge coincidence. And when I heard her say that there was a royal among the people she was going to meet, but she didn't know whom she was talking to when she met Fred, how believable is that. There weren't that many unmarried royals arround in her age group and I'm sure she knows who to get info from the net too (besides I'm sure it was mentioned in the papers which royal was there for the Olympics), so to me her story about not knowing who he was jus doesn't ring true. If some one told you you were going to meet a royal, but wouldn't tell you the name, only that he was young and unmarried, wouldn't you try and figure out who it was? I'm sure she knew Wills, so there were Fred, Albert and Felipe. Wills being too young for her anyways. And I think she could have just about memorized 3 faces, don't you think?
Old 01-11-2006, 06:50 AM
Administrator

The story of how Frederik and Mary met has been discussed endlessly elsewhere in the Forums, so there's no need to divert this thread into another re-hash.

thanks,
Warren
Royal Forums SuperModerator

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary