The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I never posted in thread, not because I find it stupid or something (all people have their right to express themselves and their opinion sould be respected) but because I don't have anything to say.
There is nothing that bothers me about Crown Prince Frederik and nothing that bothers me about Crown Princess Mary. They are a very nice couple, who do a hard job for their country, and do it very well indeed.
As for Crown Princess Mary's Australian roots, I am afraid I'm biased. I love Australia, so for me it's only an advantage . And, judging by the Danes who post here, the majority of the people of Denmark are perfectly satisfied with her. And they surely know better then us. :)

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think its about time I made this comment/warning.

Please don't bring your relatives into the fold. This forum is about discussion where you may definitely bring in YOUR own opinion, but please don't make assumptions about your relatives and their opinions. If your relatives are interested in monarchy, they may join the forum and speak for themselves.

From this point onwards, please refrain from commenting for someone else (unless you have substantial proof) of their opinion, talks with relatives at family gatherings don't count.

I know the above may be seem harsh, but this is a necessary step to keep the thread from going insane and prevent harsh comments.

Thanks for your intended cooperation,

pdas1201
Danish Family Supermoderator

P.S. If you have any comments/questions about this warning, please PM me and don't post it directly onto the thread.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
It's interesting Jasl thatyou praise Mary's background becuase for several Danes I know the fact that she is constantly emphasising her "Australianess" is a root for contention.

As they see it, she hasn't really embraced her new way of life at all. Her Australian background seems paramount.
waitaminute, how is it bad that Mary's Australian background features still in her life? Of course her Australian background is paramount--to her. It helped sculpt her identity, as she lived there till well into adulthood.
To compare to myself, I lived in the Netherlands until age 25 and then moved to the States. I chose to live abroad, certainly, but somehow that hasn't kept me from referencing my European culture quite often, whenever appropriate. I don't mean to do it, and even try not to bring up my background a lot, but every so often, I do simply because having lived there for most of my life, it is still a HUGE point of reference. Can't help that. I bet the same is true for Mary.

Of course, I am nowhere near a situation where I have to represent the country that's my current home, like Mary does. Only if she's riding around Copenhagen on her horse touting the Aussie flag, then you might have a point. Otherwise, I don't really see how she is referencing her background so much that it's annoying, or hurting Denmark. Certainly, when I read about things like those poor Tasmanian Devils having to make the 1000-mile-plus trek to cold rainy Denmark for reasons that have to do with Mary, I do scratch my head, bt that's not necessarily Mary's fault. She certainly didn't tell anyone in Tasmania to send her those two devils, at least, I doubt she did.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Courtier

Well...I know I'm not the first, or last for that matter, but at first I didn't think too much about Mary. Now, I really like her. She is gorgeous and seems to know what she's doing--and that's what I admire her for. I would like to see her pick up more charity works, though. :)

www.one.org
Old 04-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Princess Mary is doing a great job..at the beginning I didnt find anything special in her..but with the time, I have seen how she´s improving in her duties..looking very secure, smiling, trying to take more and more the danish culture for herself..she seems very very comfrotable with her role and she shows it through her style and attitude...well done Princess Mary of Denmark!!:o:)
Old 04-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
So you are converted now, princess olga? lol

I really like the recent pics of her:)
I might well be, Australian, I might well be.

I am starting to come around to something here: what I previously thought to be annoying goody-two-shoesness might well actually be nothing less than utter decency.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Its not just about what HRH wears "PO"..its the whole package!!! :)

"MII"
Very true, MII. Stylishness is after all always more than just wearing the right outfit.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
Well everyone is allowed a fashion mistake once and awhile. I mean she can't be perfect all the time. But most of the time she is.
Is there really such a thing as being "perfect" a majority of the time? For all rational & logical human beings this theory is completely impossible. No one in this world is "perfect" in every sense of the word. We all have our imperfections, we "mess up" and make silly decsions from time to time, that is what makes us unique. Even Princesses are not perfect; we would like to think so, but let's be rational here, they're not.

Mary has done a pretty good job so far as a representative for Denmark. People should be proud, but by no means is she perfect. I'm sure she would agree with me on this one if she took an active participation in this discussion.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Is there really such a thing as being "perfect" a majority of the time? For all rational & logical human beings this theory is completely impossible. No one in this world is "perfect" in every sense of the word. We all have our imperfections, we "mess up" and make silly decsions from time to time, that is what makes us unique. Even Princesses are not perfect; we would like to think so, but let's be rational here, they're not.

Mary has done a pretty good job so far as a representative for Denmark. People should be proud, but by no means is she perfect. I'm sure she would agree with me on this one if she took an active participation in this discussion.
No, obviously the perfect human being does, luckily, not exist. However, and I know that I am putting words in the mouth of kaydura0717, I think that what was meant was that HRH Crown Princess Mary is "most of the time" perfect in the role of crown princess. After all, that is the only base of judgement that we have. And here, I absolutely agree with kaydura0717.

On an entirely different note, HRH Crown Princess Mary will participate in the celebrations in connection with the 60th birthday of HM the King of Sweden on April 29 and 30. I wonder what her husband is doing since she will go by herself

/Lasse Pedersen
Old 04-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, obviously the perfect human being does, luckily, not exist.

No? No what?

If I think you mean, what I think you meant:), basically you just concurred my original argument.

Quote:
I think that what was meant was that HRH Crown Princess Mary is most of the time perfect in the role of crown princess.
But you just contridicted yourself here. You noted that no one is perfect, yet as a Crown Princess Mary is perfect most of the time. Logically you cannot have it both ways. What is the perfect or most of the time perfect Princess? Rationally speaking there is no such thing. Humans, even Princess, are not perfect.

Getting way off topic here so let's stick to the main topic.

/Lasse Pedersen
Old 04-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have nothing against Mary but let's not make her a role model. Her accomplishments prior to finding Fredrik were not exactly of "role model" caliber.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras

Thanks thats what I meant. She does a really good job as a crown princess, loves her family and thats all that matters. Also that quote was from Crown Princess Mary's Current Events where I was initially refering to her choice of outfit that she wore on the reveal of her new portarit. So to qoute me from another thread without knowing what I meant is just wrong. I mean no offence I didn't even what to comment on this thread because I think its useless to talk bad about someone we personally don't know but I felt I had to when my qoute (that was in another thread) was misconstrued.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lasse Pederson stated that in his opinion, Mary is perfect most of the time. Lasse never said she was perfect all the time. IF she was perfect, then she would be perfect as Crown Princess all the time - that would make her perfect. But Lasse said "most of the time" so it doesnt make her perfect. Thats what I think he was saying- or at least thats how I interpreted it.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Nobility

IMHO Mary should be considered a role model, she's a member of the oldest royal family and the Danish people have taken to her whole heartily. They seem to care very deeply for her. I think she's done very well representing her adopted country and has sparked new interest in royalty in general. At least she has done so with me.

Be who you are And say what you feel Because those who mind don't matter And those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss
Old 04-18-2006, 12:27 AM
Nobility

I personally think Mary is doing a good job. I didn't really have an opionion about her at the beginning. I wanted to watch and see how she would do. She is a smart, educated, and very determined woman. People in her country really look up to her, she is great with the young people there and she is really trying to be the role model people are expecting her to be. I really respect that.

Obviously she's not perfect, but when someone is doing all they can to emulate the image of a respectful crown pricess, you have to give her credit for that. Just my opinion.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
Lasse Pederson stated that in his opinion, Mary is perfect most of the time. Lasse never said she was perfect all the time. IF she was perfect, then she would be perfect as Crown Princess all the time - that would make her perfect. But Lasse said "most of the time" so it doesnt make her perfect. Thats what I think he was saying- or at least thats how I interpreted it.
Thanks for your input.:) But I interpreted her statement completely differently.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
I have nothing against Mary but let's not make her a role model. Her accomplishments prior to finding Fredrik were not exactly of "role model" caliber.
Very true.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane
I think Princess Mary embodies everything that women would like to be. Why else would we all spend so much time commenting on her apperance, clothes, shoes , family and everything else if we all didn't think so. I admire her in every way. I'm sure she has her faults, we all do. But what a role model she is for the modern woman.
If Mary is discussed it's because she's a public figure. It's not different from discussing what a movie star wore or something a politician said or did. The mere fact that somebody is in the public eye will undoubtedly result in thier being talked about.

As for embodying what every woman wants to be, as a woman, I must be the anamoly as I don't aspire to be like her as you suggested.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
But neither were any of her counterparts yet I have seen them labelled as role models..And given her position, she is now, undoubtedly, a role model.

"MII"
Old 04-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
But neither were any of her counterparts yet I have seen them labelled as role models..And given her position, she is now, undoubtedly, a role model.

"MII"
Some of her comparators, perhaps.

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary