The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #741  
Old 03-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,474
This argument is getting messy, and I feel uncomfortable in bringing Little_star to the fore again. However, before we get tangled up in who said what, this is from the post in question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I'm not a fan of Mary because, from people I know who've met her, they described her as rude and abrupt.
A simple enough statement, and certainly not one to warrant an outbreak of hostilities directed against the poster.
Now that's been set straight, an unsubtle reminder that the subject of this thread is Frederik and Mary, not individual Forum members.

thanks,
Warren
Danish Forums moderator
__________________

__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #742  
Old 03-22-2006, 12:58 AM
soCal girl's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Irvine, United States
Posts: 1,683
Frederick hasn't been doing a lot of official duties lately. Not more than Mary anyway who's still on maternity leave? Seems like he's taking a paternity leave.... If he is, I think it's endearing. Many fathers (in general) should get to know/take hands-on care of their children more.
__________________

__________________
사랑
  #743  
Old 03-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: toronto, Canada
Posts: 10
In my opinion the reason why Frederick and Mary are so popular is because I haven't really seen any royal couple more in love in public unless it's all just for show but Im having a hard time believing that and another thing is Mary totally reminds me Princess Diana they are both very pretty and have a mind for fashion the only difference they have is Princess Diana really cares for the people she travels around the world visiting Third World countries and esp. people with AIDS which was very important to her and I haven't heard Princess Mary doing any of that I mean I don't hate her for that I guess she's still new at this and she just had a baby Princess Diana was born an aristocrat and last thing they are really perfect for each other I just love them and support them all the way
  #744  
Old 03-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
I think she is going to hate the attention to Marie, if she ever becomes engaged. She will be furious to know she is not the "princess" any more. Don't take my comments so seriously.
  #745  
Old 03-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kolding, Denmark
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
I think she is going to hate the attention to Marie, if she ever becomes engaged. She will be furious to know she is not the "princess" any more. Don't take my comments so seriously.
I wont take your comment serious Only insecure people have that thought:)
  #746  
Old 03-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kolding, Denmark
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by keira_jeanne
In my opinion the reason why Frederick and Mary are so popular is because I haven't really seen any royal couple more in love in public unless it's all just for show but Im having a hard time believing that and another thing is Mary totally reminds me Princess Diana they are both very pretty and have a mind for fashion the only difference they have is Princess Diana really cares for the people she travels around the world visiting Third World countries and esp. people with AIDS which was very important to her and I haven't heard Princess Mary doing any of that I mean I don't hate her for that I guess she's still new at this and she just had a baby Princess Diana was born an aristocrat and last thing they are really perfect for each other I just love them and support them all the way
Princess Mary is only 2 years old and she is from Denmark. Diana was from England and Marys media exposure will at best only reach 1/50 of Dianas media exposure, even Mary does 50 times better than Diana. So the comparison is rediclous.
  #747  
Old 03-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by keira_jeanne
Princess Diana really cares for the people she travels around the world visiting Third World countries and esp. people with AIDS which was very important to her and I haven't heard Princess Mary doing any of that I mean I don't hate her for that I guess she's still new at this and she just had a baby Princess Diana was born an aristocrat and last thing they are really perfect for each other I just love them and support them all the way
Diana didn't start going abroad on her own immediately after becoming a princess. No doubt, in time Mary will take trips on her own devoted to causes she believes in and supports, too.

Also, bear in mind that Mary faced certain challenges in becoming a princess that Diana did not, aside from being from an aristocratic background: Mary had to learn a completely different language -- a language that is pretty hard to learn, I might add.
  #748  
Old 03-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere not Interesting, Canada
Posts: 291
I think the reason why Mary is popular with the press and others is that she really just enjoys being a princess. She loves the attention and the glamour that goes with it and I don't begrudge her it at all. Also, the Australian papers keep her profile high, so that helps as well.
  #749  
Old 03-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere not Interesting, Canada
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Diana didn't start going abroad on her own immediately after becoming a princess. No doubt, in time Mary will take trips on her own devoted to causes she believes in and supports, too.

Also, bear in mind that Mary faced certain challenges in becoming a princess that Diana did not, aside from being from an aristocratic background: Mary had to learn a completely different language -- a language that is pretty hard to learn, I might add.
Yes, your right, Mary has learned many things since she has come to Denmark but remember there is alot more pressure on the BRF, as for the DRF, they are popular and firmly entrenched in the hearts of the Danish people.
  #750  
Old 03-24-2006, 08:18 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,799
Wow, this is one of the largest threads I've ever seen on TRF; and I wonder why :p
  #751  
Old 03-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
The DRF is very popular because the Danes love their queen. Fredrik and Mary will have to earn their love from the Danish people when that day comes. It may not be such an easy ride after all.
  #752  
Old 03-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
The DRF is very popular because the Danes love their queen. Fredrik and Mary will have to earn their love from the Danish people when that day comes. It may not be such an easy ride after all.
Frederik & Mary are very much loved by the Danish populous....not as their Sovereign, but as their Crown Princely family.

"It may not be such an easy ride after all"... I'm not sure what the intended purpose of this comment is. What do you have to compare with?

"MII"
  #753  
Old 03-24-2006, 10:09 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,799
Well, anyone would have a hard time following Margrethe's footsteps
  #754  
Old 03-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Well, anyone would have a hard time following Margrethe's footsteps
HM the Queen has certainly set a standard that would be tough to beat, not only in Denmark but throughout the remaing monarchies of Europe. Frederik is, however, his mothers son and they are alike in many ways. When Frederik inherits the duties of sovereignty he shall do so with the support & love of the Danish Kingdom...

"MII"
  #755  
Old 03-24-2006, 10:29 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
HM the Queen has certainly set a standard that would be tough to beat, not only in Denmark but throughout the remaing monarchies of Europe. Frederik is, however, his mothers son and they are alike in many ways. When Frederik inherits the duties of sovereignty he shall do so with the support & love of the Danish Kingdom...

"MII"
When I read your posts, MII, I feel like I'm taken to regency England, it's so elegant :)
  #756  
Old 03-24-2006, 10:56 PM
lise's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: somewhere in, Australia
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl
I think the reason why Mary is popular with the press and others is that she really just enjoys being a princess. She loves the attention and the glamour that goes with it and I don't begrudge her it at all. Also, the Australian papers keep her profile high, so that helps as well.
Your right the Australian papers and mazagines do keep Marys profile high. They have a habit of printing useless page filling information. Which I find annoying.
  #757  
Old 03-25-2006, 12:26 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,369
You might find it annoying lise, but I highly doubt that the Australian newspapers and magazines find it annoying, because they are loving the fact that Mary is Crown Princess of Denmark and is from Australia because they know that Mary sells newspapers and magazines. You are right when you say they print useless information, I agree with you on that point, and I do find it annoying when they print things that are false (such as Mary's PND), but that is why these magazines are called gossip magazines. They are nothing but time-fillers for people who like reading about celebrites, and the reason Mary's profile is kept high in Aus is because she moves the magazines off of the shelves because everyone wants to read about the fairytale that she lives.
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #758  
Old 03-25-2006, 02:10 AM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
They are nothing but time-fillers for people who like reading about celebrites.
A royal is above the station of celebrity...More, a person(s) or institution of interest :)

I totally understand what you are saying though "JR"

"MII"
  #759  
Old 03-25-2006, 03:16 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by keira_jeanne
In my opinion the reason why Frederick and Mary are so popular is because I haven't really seen any royal couple more in love in public unless it's all just for show but Im having a hard time believing that and another thing is Mary totally reminds me Princess Diana they are both very pretty and have a mind for fashion the only difference they have is Princess Diana really cares for the people she travels around the world visiting Third World countries and esp. people with AIDS which was very important to her and I haven't heard Princess Mary doing any of that I mean I don't hate her for that I guess she's still new at this and she just had a baby Princess Diana was born an aristocrat and last thing they are really perfect for each other I just love them and support them all the way

I think Diana had been married for a few years before she actually started earning the title of "Queen of Hearts" Keira. I personally think that Mathilde of Belgium would be the most likely of the Crown Princesses to merit that title but that is just my opinion. I think Mary has plenty of time to find her "niche" in the humanitarian stakes.:)

Scott
__________________
Try to learn something about everything and everything about something
  #760  
Old 03-25-2006, 03:27 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by lise
Your right the Australian papers and mazagines do keep Marys profile high. They have a habit of printing useless page filling information. Which I find annoying.

I have to agree with you lise. Between the rubbish they print about Princess Mary and if they have nothing on Mary they either make it up or print photos of Leyton Hewitt and his family, one really has to wonder if the people who print these weeklys realise there are other Royals and people of interest in the world that could/would just as easily sell the magazine for them.

I have to admit I enjoy reading about Mary and the DRF, but the headlines/sub-headlines the magazines use at times verge on the ridiculous.

Scott
__________________

__________________
Try to learn something about everything and everything about something
Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark & Mary Donaldson - May 14, 2004 didem Royal Weddings 642 03-10-2017 02:51 AM
May Newsletter: Frederik and Mary Mandy Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs and Articles 21 10-17-2005 04:36 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson, Current Events 1: September 2002 - May 2004 Lorraine Current Events Archive 506 05-07-2004 12:03 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf catherine chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duke of edinburgh fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy monarchy versus republic news november november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week portugal prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margaretha of luxembourg princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia spanish jewels state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria visit to canada



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises