What is your opinion of Frederik and Mary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie Princess said:
I guess I could contribute, although it always ends in disaster- I find Mary an incredibly weak character because of how desperate she is for validation- even before she became a Princess, she dated a high flying ad exec whose father was also a company owner and her boyfriend, whom Mary has publicly praised said that what they had in common was they wanted to make more money. She was dating 18 year old Swans footballer at the time she met Frederik, and we all know how glamourised the football world is and the God like status these guys get. there was also an autographed photo of her and Sarah OHare Murdoch ripped to shreds found in her bin. this to me indicates someone who is waaay to impressed by fame money and celebrity, as she was not by any means a young woman in this photo. she also obviously knew it or she wouldn't have ripped the photo to shreds and binned it. she takes a modelling course . Perfect Danish is promised by the royal court and she talks almost her whole engagement interview in English. answering a few basic questions in Danish, and giving a scripted speech at the start, read phonetically. And since she has become a Princess she has continuesd to do fashion shoots, yet she doesn't wear Danish design or talk about Danish fashion- instead, right after becomming a princess, she stalled for a couple of months on doing an interview for an AUSTRALIAN magazine, and once given all the clothes she worse in the shoot as a gift, she suddenly found time to do it. that is another example of a very weak charecter. She then didn't promote Danish fashion, and talked about nothing but herself and her discreet and alturistic nature. Now, as a Princess, she shows up tp her events, poses like crazy and waves non-stop, stopping conversations to talk with people in order to pose. I have never seen any royal always looking so frequently at the camera and not the people they are supposed to be interacting with. She has also botoxed her face completley into oblivion, which is a very bad move, and she always shows off so much in her photos- she never holds her child properly, instead holds him up the way tennis players do with those big plates they receive. She also changes her accent to try and fit in with what she thinks she should be. when the Australian media falsely call her down to earth she can speak like a normal Australian, and when she needs to behave poshly, she puts on this really weird mixed accent. I of course don't know how her accent is meant to sound when she speaks Danish, but as an Australian, I can easily tell that the three different accents I have heard her speak English in are fake. She also has done too many tv specials- royalty should not do that. Before the wedding she even did one of her and Fred going around Australia and put her family in the tv special as well, acting all crazy and speaking in yet another weird accent. her brother even called her on it.I can't even put my finger on what kind of mix she was using there, but no one has 3 accents(and those are only the ones I have picked up on) I'm sure Danes and Brits could pick out at least another one for each language/country. And I don't even have to go into the whole my life is a constant shopping holiday. She spent just 4 weeks out of her 12 month Navison contract working. the rest on holidays and shopping at expensive boutiqes. The job was given to her by Fred best friend.these are another example of weak charecter. Her apartment was also impossible to afford for someone in her situation. so also paid for. I do not like people willing to be supported when there is no need for them to be. She has also got her spending even more out of control since she became a Princess.
Also a massive whitewashing had to take place, and people be sent legal threats in order to erase things that happened and why she actually met Frederik and went for him. I also hate how she shows up to official and state events with her cleavage spilling out. On her walkabouts and day events she doesn't do this, so when something is so official and important, why would you suddenly decide to dress in such an innappropiate way?

While I am not sure about everything you are saying, there are a few valid points...she does come across as someone who is only interested in fame and money. She does seem "fake" to me...(she may be the most sincere person, but she "looks" fake--only my opinion). It is not my intention to offend anyone by my comments.

princess olga said:
Ok, let's forget about the whole 'evidence' thing. I'm still curious: what gave you the impression Mary's got a rather weak character? DId you read perhaps an article somewhere with anecdotes that give this impression? Or, is it purely from observation whenever, say, you come across video footage of Fred & Mary? Is he bossing her around? Is it, perhaps, the fact she so willingly gave up a great life in the goregeous 'Down Under'? Curious minds want to know! :)

Hey, folks? I think Iwona is really...well, uh...gone. I don't think she wanted to discuss, I think she wanted to post, period.

Last edited:
Aussie Princess said:
I guess I could contribute, although it always ends in disaster- I find Mary an incredibly weak character because of how desperate she is for validation- even before she became a Princess, she dated a high flying ad exec whose father was also a company owner and her boyfriend, whom Mary has publicly praised said that what they had in common was they wanted to make more money. She was dating 18 year old Swans footballer at the time she met Frederik, and we all know how glamourised the football world is and the God like status these guys get. there was also an autographed photo of her and Sarah OHare Murdoch ripped to shreds found in her bin. this to me indicates someone who is waaay to impressed by fame money and celebrity, as she was not by any means a young woman in this photo. she also obviously knew it or she wouldn't have ripped the photo to shreds and binned it. she takes a modelling course . Perfect Danish is promised by the royal court and she talks almost her whole engagement interview in English. answering a few basic questions in Danish, and giving a scripted speech at the start, read phonetically. And since she has become a Princess she has continuesd to do fashion shoots, yet she doesn't wear Danish design or talk about Danish fashion- instead, right after becomming a princess, she stalled for a couple of months on doing an interview for an AUSTRALIAN magazine, and once given all the clothes she worse in the shoot as a gift, she suddenly found time to do it. that is another example of a very weak charecter. She then didn't promote Danish fashion, and talked about nothing but herself and her discreet and alturistic nature. Now, as a Princess, she shows up tp her events, poses like crazy and waves non-stop, stopping conversations to talk with people in order to pose. I have never seen any royal always looking so frequently at the camera and not the people they are supposed to be interacting with. She has also botoxed her face completley into oblivion, which is a very bad move, and she always shows off so much in her photos- she never holds her child properly, instead holds him up the way tennis players do with those big plates they receive. She also changes her accent to try and fit in with what she thinks she should be. when the Australian media falsely call her down to earth she can speak like a normal Australian, and when she needs to behave poshly, she puts on this really weird mixed accent. I of course don't know how her accent is meant to sound when she speaks Danish, but as an Australian, I can easily tell that the three different accents I have heard her speak English in are fake. She also has done too many tv specials- royalty should not do that. Before the wedding she even did one of her and Fred going around Australia and put her family in the tv special as well, acting all crazy and speaking in yet another weird accent. her brother even called her on it.I can't even put my finger on what kind of mix she was using there, but no one has 3 accents(and those are only the ones I have picked up on) I'm sure Danes and Brits could pick out at least another one for each language/country. And I don't even have to go into the whole my life is a constant shopping holiday. She spent just 4 weeks out of her 12 month Navison contract working. the rest on holidays and shopping at expensive boutiqes. The job was given to her by Fred best friend.these are another example of weak charecter. Her apartment was also impossible to afford for someone in her situation. so also paid for. I do not like people willing to be supported when there is no need for them to be. She has also got her spending even more out of control since she became a Princess.
Also a massive whitewashing had to take place, and people be sent legal threats in order to erase things that happened and why she actually met Frederik and went for him. I also hate how she shows up to official and state events with her cleavage spilling out. On her walkabouts and day events she doesn't do this, so when something is so official and important, why would you suddenly decide to dress in such an innappropiate way?

Aussie Princess feel free to comtribute whenever you want. I for one respect your opinions even if I don't always agree with them. :)

I do know about Mary dating the 18 year old swans footballer when she met Frederik and I must admit (As pro Mary as I am) that it seems odd for someone who would have been 28 at the time to date somebody ten years younger than them.

But I must disagree with you on the cleavage comment. I don't think Mary shows up to official and state events with her cleavage spilling out.

The story about the Sydney footballer has been shown to a case of "much adoo about nothing'. In her biography 'Something About Mary' Australian Journalist Emma Tom spoke to Ryan O'Keefe's brother who confirmed that the 'relationship' consisted of one meal out together in a restauraunt.

The photo of Sarah O'Hare was taken when Mary put together a promotional campaign with Sarah O'Hare in it. Like the thank you card from Peter Garret it was for work done in her job.

Given the industry Mary came from I find her much lower in self-promotion than I would expect.

lise said:
But I must disagree with you on the cleavage comment. I don't think Mary shows up to official and state events with her cleavage spilling out.

I disagree with that too. Cleavage? Mary?

Aussie Princess said:

Shouldn't be surprised if she also intentionally stepped on a bug once .. com'on let's not exclude anything :D :p :D :p

UserDane said:

Shouldn't be surprised if she also intentionally stepped on a bug once .. com'on let's not exclude anything :D :p :D :p

Very funny and true; also a good example of the power of understatement. I'm not a Mary fan, but even I feel tempted to defend her. But I'll pass.

UserDane said:

Excuse me for asking, but is that wit or sarcasm? Anyway, Aussie Princess's post gives an interessting slant, and hats off to her for voicing her observations.

wiwaxia said:
Excuse me for asking, but is that wit or sarcasm?
I certainly hope so and yes.
And I wouldn't agree on the term observations. Subjective dislike yes, but observations, no.

UserDane said:
I certainly hope so and yes. And I wouldn't agree on the term observations. Subjective dislike yes, but observations, no.
You hope it's wit, and yes it's sarcasm?? :confused: You don't have to agree on the word observations, but that is what it is, the reasons are another agenda. Aussie Princess made some some relevant and apparently accurate remarks about Princess Mary's accent, I must admit it is a most odd, hybrid accent, which seems to have attracted the attention of her brother, so I would think his observations would count as accurate, unless of course it was subjective dislike too!

wiwaxia said:
You hope it's wit, and yes it's sarcasm?? :confused: You don't have to agree on the word observations, but that is what it is, the reasons are another agenda. Aussie Princess made some some relevant and apparently accurate remarks about Princess Mary's accent, I must admit it is a most odd, hybrid accent, which seems to have attracted the attention of her brother, so I would think his observations would count as accurate, unless of course it was subjective dislike too!
Sorry about the accent; that part must have slipped my notice in the unstemmed tide of such marked disklike in one single post. Or, I may have been too impressed by Aussie Princess' detailed knowledge of Mary's actions and intentions that I didn't think clearly. Mea culpa of course.

Aussie Princess said:

Poor Mary, being judged by people who do not know her and are experts on how to hold a baby. Mary seems to be an elegant and a lovely princess. She seems to bring out ire in some of the contributors, but not one of the above "charges" mean anything. Perhaps, her Danish is not good enough for an interview, perhaps they wanted her to speak English, who knows. She is in a very difficult job and seems to be doing her best. She seems private and shy, perhaps her haughty looks are really shyness.

UserDane said:
Sorry about the accent; that part must have slipped my notice in the unstemmed tide of such marked disklike in one single post. Or, I may have been too impressed by Aussie Princess' detailed knowledge of Mary's actions and intentions that I didn't think clearly. Mea culpa of course.

But of course! and accepted. Do listen to Princess Mary's accent if you get a chance, I'm sure you'll agree that it really is most strange. Pity you missed about 8 lines of Aussie P's post pertaining to the accent, it makes interesting reading, you may well be just as impressed as you were with the rest of her detailed knowledge.

Perhaps Mary...and others like her who hold their child like a "tennis trophy" do so so other people can take pics. If they didn't....we might get posts like...why doesn't she show her baby?

In regards to Aussie Princess other statements...why makes you think Mary uses Botox? Do you have proof....for example..pics of her before with her showing expression and afterwards showing none? Also, from what I understand Danish is a hard language to learn..she's supposed to speak it like a native?! That's a little unrealistic if you ask me. So what if she lived in an apartment that she coudln't afford? Was she on the dole, how do you know that she doesn't have family money, or made some money on stock investments, or hey...if Frederick paid for it....as long as the state of Denmark didn't who cares? So her job was given to her a friend of Fredericks, she is not hte only one. A lot of people use connections to get jobs. There is a saying its not what you know but who you know...that's a phrase thats been around for years..not since Mary came upon the scene.

I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion on Mary but some of these criticism just seem unjustified. Say you don't like her cause when she does public engagements she scowls everytime cause she rather be any place else, talk about how she NEVER spends time with her child instead of how she holds him...little things like that. Or about how when she should be doing engagements she is ALWAYS shopping...talk about that.

Opinions are great but they don't change the fact that she is Crown Princess and we're not! :D

redfox6 said:
....She is in a very difficult job and seems to be doing her best. She seems private and shy, perhaps her haughty looks are really shyness.
Couldn't agree more redfox6.:)
She does seem to be doing her best and IMO that is what 'we' can demand from a person in her position. If she seemed to be blatantly ignoring the duties etc. that follow her position she would have earned the incessant critisim that is thrown her way but trying as hard as I can, I really cannot see where she fails so markedly compared to e.g. other CPss.:(

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion but I feel I must respond to this post in detail as it is full of so many manipulations of so called "facts".
Aussie Princess I am sure most of your info came from the boards where the story changes over time so late posters believe that they are reading the truth (especially when there is that tiny grain of truth left in the tale.)

NOT TO PICK ON YOU but more to clarify the facts and get back to the orginal truth of the matter:

I guess I could contribute, although it always ends in disaster- I find Mary an incredibly weak character because of how desperate she is for validation- even before she became a Princess, she dated a high flying ad exec whose father was also a company owner and her boyfriend, whom Mary has publicly praised said that what they had in common was they wanted to make more money. She was dating 18 year old Swans footballer at the time she met Frederik, and we all know how glamourised the football world is and the God like status these guys get. there was also an autographed photo of her and Sarah OHare Murdoch ripped to shreds found in her bin. this to me indicates someone who is waaay to impressed by fame money and celebrity, as she was not by any means a young woman in this photo. she also obviously knew it or she wouldn't have ripped the photo to shreds and binned it. she takes a modelling course .

She met and started dating the advertising executive when they were both at Uni and studying Marketing together.
So they has similar backgrounds and headed in the same direction.
What's so unusual about that?

So called unnamed "friends" of the pair said the only thing they could see in common between Mary and Brent was there desire to make money.
Brent never said this and we actually don't know how close these "friends" were to them.
Sport seems to be an obvious common interest, their shared hometown and maybe the friends weren't privy to what went on behind closed doors since both Mary and Brent come across as very private people.

She has one dinner with the Sydney football player.
This "correction of facts" comes from an interview with the footballers brother by Emma Tom for "Something About Mary".

Sarah O'Hare modelled for an advertising campaign Mary was involved in.
The original shot showed Mary, sarah and the other advertising executive together showing their association in the work.
It was a work promotion photo.
The other girl was edited out later to make the story more interesting.
This is not the only edited photo I have come across involving Mary.

Mary took two courses around the time she met Frederik.
One was creative writing the other a personal development/modelling course run out of the same building.
In the weeks before Mary met Frederik the company she was involved with made a "fly on the wall" documentary about their campaign for apple re-sellers of Australia.
In the shots Mary is obviously camera shy and it appears that Mary at this time is "skilling up" to either do a better job if forced into this situation again or move to copy writing.

Perfect Danish is promised by the royal court and she talks almost her whole engagement interview in English. answering a few basic questions in Danish, and giving a scripted speech at the start, read phonetically. And since she has become a Princess she has continuesd to do fashion shoots, yet she doesn't wear Danish design or talk about Danish fashion- instead, right after becomming a princess, she stalled for a couple of months on doing an interview for an AUSTRALIAN magazine, and once given all the clothes she worse in the shoot as a gift, she suddenly found time to do it. that is another example of a very weak charecter. She then didn't promote Danish fashion, and talked about nothing but herself and her discreet and alturistic nature.

The tabloids gushed about her "perfect danish".
Mary has learnt to speak fluent Danish.
Alex learnt as a very fast rate and has been recognised as very quick at picking up new languages.
Alex's speech at her wedding was still a reading from a phonetic sheet.

Mary's involvement with fashion mags began just before she accepted patronages for Danish fashion associations.

The Woman's Weekly shoot did not leave her the clothes for free.
She had the use of the clothes for the taking of the photos only (excepting any clothes Mary wore that were already her own).

All the 'first year' interviews are about what it's like to adjust to living in a great big palace.
Even the normally serious interviewer Denton gushed over the "huge ceilings".
I'm sure if you drag out any interviews of Charles and Diana in their first year they are equally as nauseatingly syrupy.

Now, as a Princess, she shows up tp her events, poses like crazy and waves non-stop, stopping conversations to talk with people in order to pose. I have never seen any royal always looking so frequently at the camera and not the people they are supposed to be interacting with. She has also botoxed her face completley into oblivion, which is a very bad move, and she always shows off so much in her photos- she never holds her child properly, instead holds him up the way tennis players do with those big plates they receive.

She approaches the people who come to see her, actually smiles and gee lets the photographers take a few snaps.

I'm afraid I don't see any botox.
What I see is that at very official engagements she wears very very thick make-up.
Botox doesn't give you visible wrinkles at everyday events that disappear at very highbrow royal functions, super thick pan stick makeup does.

She and Frederik have been photographed holding their son up when they want Christian photographed.
Most of the shots are taken in a more natural hold position.

She also changes her accent to try and fit in with what she thinks she should be. when the Australian media falsely call her down to earth she can speak like a normal Australian, and when she needs to behave poshly, she puts on this really weird mixed accent. I of course don't know how her accent is meant to sound when she speaks Danish, but as an Australian, I can easily tell that the three different accents I have heard her speak English in are fake. She also has done too many tv specials- royalty should not do that. Before the wedding she even did one of her and Fred going around Australia and put her family in the tv special as well, acting all crazy and speaking in yet another weird accent. her brother even called her on it.I can't even put my finger on what kind of mix she was using there, but no one has 3 accents(and those are only the ones I have picked up on) I'm sure Danes and Brits could pick out at least another one for each language/country.
The DR documentary was made by the Danish royal family to let the public know about their new Crown Princess since her discretion to that point menat the public knew very little about her.

I'm not suprised her accent has changed.
She has spent several years now talking in another language in a country who's accent is very different from her own.
I can not criticise her for a change in accent, my own accent has changed over the years and continues to do so.

And I don't even have to go into the whole my life is a constant shopping holiday. She spent just 4 weeks out of her 12 month Navison contract working. the rest on holidays and shopping at expensive boutiqes. The job was given to her by Fred best friend.these are another example of weak charecter. Her apartment was also impossible to afford for someone in her situation. so also paid for. I do not like people willing to be supported when there is no need for them to be. She has also got her spending even more out of control since she became a Princess.

Mary moved to Denmark to be with Frederik is it so suprising that when looking for suitable job opportunites for Mary that Frederik (well probably his staff) tried to get her a job that would fit around his lifestyle.
She was a 'consultant', it wasn't as if she was a full time staff member that took sickies everywhere, she was always going to being on an on/off basis.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Langline apartment was paid for by the Danish Royal family.
(she may have paid it all herself though---there is no statements/evidence out there)
After all they would have security/image requirements for her accomodation that her salary may not have met.

I don't see an out of control spendaholic.
Virtually every outfit she has bought she has worn and worn again even the 'maternity' outfits are coming out again.

The only one threateded with legal action was "Starmakers" who were trying to use her royal image.
Starmakers never bothered to put her image up until she was a potential "royal" so once she was a royal she could ask that they stop using her image.

She does not have her cleavage hanging out.
Her dress to me is highly conservative for her age.

Last edited:
She has no cleavage to show off so I would not worry about that!!!

Well done Hotdog, I am proud to be a West Australian when I read posts like yours. They are fair and unbiased comments about someone we all only know through hearsay. I think Mary is doing a great job and although I respect other's comments I do think that they can be hurtful, especially if they aren't true. IMO, Baby Christian looks like a well loved, well fed baby and the way both Mary and Frederick carry him seem perfectly fine. Desperate need for validation, please, she's a Crown Princess, how much more validation does anyone need?

Regarding cleavage and nipples, I believe Aussie Princess meant the mushroom color gown she wore in Australia. She was preganent and the gown showed quite a bit of cleavage, especially when she bended down to sign a guest book. Instead of sitting down to sign the book as Fred and other royals do, she bended down and her boos almost fell out of her bodice. Since she's facing the cameras, photographers captured everything.

In several other occasions, Mary wore dresses in clinging fabrics - chiffon or satin - without a bra or very thin bra. Her nipples were visible as a result.

highpriestess said:
especially when she bended down to sign a guest book. Instead of sitting down to sign the book as Fred and other royals do, she bended down and her boos almost fell out of her bodice.

Maybe she felt more comfortable bending down? Who can really know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the messages posted here are fair, but some are so incredibly mean. I believe that, no matter what Mary did, these posters would take it as evidence that she is an awful person. If she smiles for the public, she is doing it for selfish reasons. If she is dating someone in marketing, she's greedy. If she marries Fred, she's doing it out of coldhearted ambition. Sure, guys. She is certainly not perfect, but I'm sure she's perfectly normal, neither a monster nor a saint. Be fair!

Who is perfect ? Why do you hate so much Mary ? Cause she is Australian, princess, and not you ?
That's so mean...
Fred & Mary are a lovely and loving couple ! And very sympathic persons !
Best
AR

crisscross1 said:
Well done Hotdog, I am proud to be a West Australian when I read posts like yours. They are fair and unbiased comments about someone we all only know through hearsay. I think Mary is doing a great job and although I respect other's comments I do think that they can be hurtful, especially if they aren't true. IMO, Baby Christian looks like a well loved, well fed baby and the way both Mary and Frederick carry him seem perfectly fine. Desperate need for validation, please, she's a Crown Princess, how much more validation does anyone need?

Yeah, I second that. Many thanks to Hotdog for your time and effort to put the FACTS straight. I really appreciate it! WELL DONE HOTDOG!

It is, indeed, so sad that some of posters here are incredibly biased and mean against Crown Princess Mary in order to put her down by all means.

I also think Mary is doing a great job and has fit into her role as Crown Princess so beautifully. I am very glad that Mary and Frederik are so nice to share the private photos of Prince Christian with us. Keep up the good work Mary, you are very much loved and appreciated by many people.

Amen

Last edited:
Hotdog said:
Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion but I feel I must respond to this post in detail as it is full of so many manipulations of so called "facts"...
Brilliant post HOTDOG :) TOTALLY AGREE

Last edited by a moderator:
Roxsteve said:
She has no cleavage to show off so I would not worry about that!!!

I respectfully disagree, just look at some of the close up photos taken during Christian's christening ceremony. I love that blue outfit but thought it was too revealing in some of the pics but then again, if you've got it why not flaunt it?!

I must say that when I logged on earlier today and read the posts by Owona and Aussie Princess I was quite shocked. I know that this is a forum for discussions about royalty, but I was unaware that it was OK to become so personal in ones criticisms, especially when we don't actually know the person we are cricising. I decided that this post wasn't for me and logged off again.

Now that I have revisited the forum this evening, I really feel I must say something.

Iowna, I don't know the Princess personally, but I can't understand how anyone is able to say that Mary has a "weak personality". If that were the case, surely she would not be able to carry out her duties so proficiently. She has studied hard to be an asset to the Danish Royal Family.

Aussie Princess, how on earth can you say with certainty that Mary has "botoxed her face into oblivion"? Do you know the doctor who provided the botox injections? Couldn't it just be that staying out of the sun, eating a healthy diet and using great skin creams are responsible?

As for Mary's accent. It is not uncommon for us to try to adapt our speech to those around us. Many of my friends speak the way Mary does and it is not considered strange at all. It's called it a "trans-Atlantic" accent.

I would like to say thanks for the common sense and relativity that was put forward by redfox6, Zonk1189, Caswallan, User Dane, Hotdog, crisscross1, Smilla, Karajan, Linda Hsu and tabbitha.

We all have the right to free speech and criticism, but let's not stoop to defamation.

I agree with your post lizzie. It is completely normal being critical, there is a way to present your critique in order for it to be taken seriously. But this has been discussed over and over again and i am not even going to attempt to talk about it again because it has become very tiresome.

Anyway, there are people who like Mary and there are people who do not like her. The latter is completely fine, but please, be tactful about it.

It is fine for people to be critical and have different opinions otherwise the world would be so boring if everyone thought the same, but as i said, there is a way to do it.

Last edited:
angele said:
Mary knew how to pick the prestigious ones! seemed to be looking for the upper echelon male too if you ask me, dated an executive and a swans football star aswell, must have got some pointers in picking the up market ones from the whos who in sydney realestate elite.

A lot about Mary doesn't add up to me, I do not believe she is the shy retiring type for a second she knew what she wanted and she got it, kudos to her! but at the same time you have to wonder about some of her actions, starmakers, meeting the prince in the first place, gatecrashing the handball party to find fred, her previous relationships all smell that she was looking for the celebrity lifestyle, even where she was living in Sydney was the it area. Her more royal than the royal attitude and look just doesn't gel with me, it can be very fake and off putting. I also find Mary lacking substance she doesn't come across normal to me, what she has said in her articles such as vogue are a lot of air that tell you nothing about what she is really like, but are very airy fairy. I think a lot of a persons character can be seen in their eyes and Mary's I don't feel warmth from, she almost looks through you rather than at you, this can be seen in photos and is also off putting.

This is of course my opinion only.

I agree with your post. I also feel Mary looks and tries to be more royal than royal and it is possibly due to the fact that she has to prove her status somehow. To show people or someone from her past she dislikes "look at me now"!! That is my feeling from her body and facial expression. A picture tells a 1000 words and when I see her I get the feeling she knows how to manipulate the cameras. Her eyes and mouth and her head flicked back on many occasions do not spell modesty!!!!!

lizzie said:
I must say that when I logged on earlier today and read the posts by Owona and Aussie Princess I was quite shocked. I know that this is a forum for discussions about royalty, but I was unaware that it was OK to become so personal in ones criticisms, especially when we don't actually know the person we are cricising. I decided that this post wasn't for me and logged off again.

Also I read many people's post about "how dare you criticise. ...X YZ ..since you do not know them..". To answer your question quite simply the person who made this thread is asking a question about Mary and Fred therefore we each in our little ways try to answer that question. This entire Board is about posts with people's opinions so how can you possibly ask "how dare we criticise...xyz"?. We might as well not post anything.

Saying something bad about someone can be good or bad criticism. We have to post good and bad stuff or else the picture would look distorted and lets not forget we are all different and we feel differently about certain indivituals.

I say keep posting your own opinions. After all this is DEMOCRACY! Is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom