Video Archive of the Crown Princely Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the videos, Avrilo. I hadn't seen the wedding interview or any interview where Mary speaks, and now I understand the debate about her accent. It does seem a bit put on and practiced, and clearly more British than Austrailian. You can see that she dominates in the relationship too, although that could be nervousness, and she does seem really nervous. She does have a more pleasant vocal quality than I expected.

Mary definately sounds more aussie than she does british in that video

Thanks for the links and video´s I hope you post more very soon...Christian's christening was a very touching and tender ceremony...

Thanks for link. Christian looked so sweet sucking on Mary's finger. Did you all see Haakon and MM? They are so in love! Was it the angle of the camera or did Alexandra coat not cover her up? When she was walking up the aisle her coat revealed too much leg and she almost seemed naked.:ermm:

I actually have the clip itself on my PC, but it's an FLV file, I will try to convert it, and I will upload it for you guys. Because it is a good clip, very enjoyable to watch.

EDIT: Ok I converted the file to .wmv and it works! Converted perfectly, I will upload it to rapidshare for you all to enjoy. Tell me if it works for you guys.

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Last edited:
I actually have the clip itself on my PC, but it's an FLV file, I will try to convert it, and I will upload it for you guys. Because it is a good clip, very enjoyable to watch.

EDIT: Ok I converted the file to .wmv and it works! Converted perfectly, I will upload it to rapidshare for you all to enjoy. Tell me if it works for you guys.

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Thank you very much Fratyinside for the 20/20 clip! :flowers: I've never seen it before, so it was nice to download it to keep (to my iPod it goes!)

No problem, it's a great clip and I wanted all of you guys to be able to enjoy it! I have it on my Touch so if you have any problems converting it, I could send you my file.

No problem, it's a great clip and I wanted all of you guys to be able to enjoy it! I have it on my Touch so if you have any problems converting it, I could send you my file.

Nope, no issues with converting. Great clip, did the ABC do the interview directly with Fred?

Yeah, he did. I believe it was recorded days or weeks prior to his wedding. The ironic thing is that the program aired the night of their wedding... May 14, 2004. I wished that his segment was longer, unfortunately it wasn't.

What was during the rest of the program? Other royals?

If I recall correctly, the program started with Prince Nikolas of Greece who was interviewed by some male journalist in London. They followed him around demostrating to the public that he is a normal guy (which came off as some over privileged thirtysomething with no job or career direction. It was actually very sad to watch... I felt kind of bad for him.)

As the segment went on, we watched him workout at the gym with his private trainer, at an uber-exclusive club mind you. Shopping at the local newstand, then strolling in the park when the reporter snagged several people asking them, "Do you know who this is?" Their repsonses, "No." Followed by, "He is a prince..." Some were puzzled hence the didn't care while others were polite stating, "Oh...okay...um... it's nice to met you." I hate to say it, but the way his segment was edited, he came off like a buffoon.

Then after Frederik's segment another reporter, not Deborah Roberts, interviewed Prince Emmanual Filibreto (sp?). Again, the way he was edited they made him seem completely useless in today's world. He talked about his family's history, his new baby, and his recent return to his princely hometown (I don't remember the name.)

There were other segments which discussed Princess Stephanie and Monaco. I think. At the end of the program the head journalist hinted that royals were essentially not necessary; specifically those like Nikolas and Emanuelle Filibrito (sp?). Others, like Frederik and the British royals have some what of a siginificance to their respective countries such as Nationalism. In the end, they made it seem like most royals only survive these days for show.

Finally, it ended with "America's royalty" (hence cheesy celebrities and so forth.)

Overall the 20/20 program was okay, I was only interested because I knew Frederik was going to interviewed. By the way, the show was called Royals Rule.

Finally, I'm having a hard time uploading the Rapidshare file. Can someone help me?:)

Last edited:
Wow - I had never seen the 20/20 clip either and it was great. Thanks so much Fratyiside, we owe you one!

If I recall correctly, the program started with Prince Nikolas of Greece who was interviewed by some male journalist in London. They followed him around demostrating to the public that he is a normal guy (which came off as some over privileged thirtysomething with no job or career direction. It was actually very sad to watch... I felt kind of bad for him.)

As the segment went on, we watched him workout at the gym with his private trainer, at an uber-exclusive club mind you. Shopping at the local newstand, then strolling in the park when the reporter snagged several people asking them, "Do you know who this is?" Their repsonses, "No." Followed by, "He is a prince..." Some were puzzled hence the didn't care while others were polite stating, "Oh...okay...um... it's nice to met you." I hate to say it, but the way his segment was edited, he came off like a buffoon.

Then after Frederik's segment another reporter, not Deborah Roberts, interviewed Prince Emmanual Filibreto (sp?). Again, the way he was edited they made him seem completely useless in today's world. He talked about his family's history, his new baby, and his recent return to his princely hometown (I don't remember the name.)

There were other segments which discussed Princess Stephanie and Monaco. I think. At the end of the program the head journalist hinted that royals were essentially not necessary; specifically those like Nikolas and Emanuelle Filibrito (sp?). Others, like Frederik and the British royals have some what of a siginificance to their respective countries such as Nationalism. In the end, they made it seem like most royals only survive these days for show.

Finally, it ended with "America's royalty" (hence cheesy celebrities and so forth.)

Overall the 20/20 program was okay, I was only interested because I knew Frederik was going to interviewed. By the way, the show was called Royals Rule.

Finally, I'm having a hard time uploading the Rapidshare file. Can someone help me?:)

Thanks GT - no need for me to try and hunt the rest down then huh? ;) What problems are you having with Rapidshare? Downloading it?

Hi, I dont know how to Download de video, Can someone help me?

Thank you very much for upload it to youtube Fartyinside!!!!! Thanks for your work!!! The video is wonderfull!

Thank you very much for upload it to youtube Fartyinside!!!!! Thanks for your work!!! The video is wonderfull!

You spelled my username wrong :) But it's ok, it was quite funny!:lol:

You spelled my username wrong :) But it's ok, it was quite funny!:lol:

So it is - and thankfully an innocent mistake. I know a woman named Denise - she gets Dense every so often she says.

So it is - and thankfully an innocent mistake. I know a woman named Denise - she gets Dense every so often she says.

:lol: Still better then Farty-inside. Can you change your username? I hate mine, I picked this username way back in 2005 when I joined, and I never posted until now! :rolleyes:

The rules about name changes can be found here

Last edited:
the accent

Thanks for the videos, Avrilo. I hadn't seen the wedding interview or any interview where Mary speaks, and now I understand the debate about her accent. It does seem a bit put on and practiced, and clearly more British than Austrailian. You can see that she dominates in the relationship too, although that could be nervousness, and she does seem really nervous. She does have a more pleasant vocal quality than I expected.
the accent is classic to voice coaching/elocution lessons where there is usually an attempt to neutralize the accent to remove the slangy expressions and abbreviations. Note the slow delivery every sentence delivered with thought and attention. Also standard i spoke like that for ages after mine after a while it does begin to sound normal but for me it took years. Her later interviews in Australia she sounds more normal but markedly different to her aus family though that is not strange as aussies often lose their accents easily and tend to adapt to the people that they are speaking with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom