Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An article from Politiken: Lykkelig Frederik: »Et mirakel gange to« - Politiken.dk

Lykkelig Frederik. Et mirakel gange to - Happy Frederik: A miracle times two.
Written by: Elisabeth Astrup.

The CP-couple knew the sex of the twins beforehand.

"We are very relieved and overjoyed. We couldn't be more happy than we are this time.
It's such a big moment. Both twins have dark hair and they both sounded off. I'm very impressed by women and for what you can accomplish
It was close to being unreal. You stad there with the first one and mother has to keep working, and then a girl comes. It was crazy".

The family was delighted as well and he added:
"What I have been thinking about the most is whether this will go well. There are two little heart one needs to keep an eye on all the time".

As to whether they are going to have more children:
"I won't stand here and say anything about that. I have to include my better half in that".

- And with this there will be no further posts from me for a while.
Congrats to M&F from me as well. :champagne:

Congratulations to Mary, Frederik and the rest of the family!! Can't wait to see the first few photos of the babies :)
:fireworks:

:heart:Wonderful news! Congratulations to the happy family!

YES!!!! Boy & Girl as I predicted! Whoppeeee!

As for CP Frederik's attire - Blue for boy (Sweater) and red for girl (Pants).
I like the red...imagine if the pants had been pink!
Some more washing and they might turn pink! Lille pige (the little girl) will like that, won't she?
Frederik seemed to be quite serious at the beginning of the press conference, as if he was concentrating on getting the facts and numbers right. When he switched to English after being asked by an Australien journalist he started to laugh more and his joy and excitement started to really show.

That was very first, I hope he called first to avoid any awkvardness. I mean, she has after all JUST given birth to twins!

What FANTASTIC news!

Congratulations to the family!

Congratulation to all the family, I'm very happy for both of them, wish all the best!

Congratulations to the proud parents!

Is there a video about what Prince Henrik said when he arrived to hospital?

This is fantstic news, I have just logged in!!! Many many congratulations, wishing them health and a happy life with their parents and siblings!!!

TRH The Crown Prince Couple - A Prince and a Princess are born
A Prince and a Princess are born

A Prince and a Princess are born
Issued Saturday January 8, 2011

On 8 January 2011 Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary gave birth to two healthy children at Righospitalet in Copenhagen.

The son was born at 10.30
Weight: 2674 grams, length 47centimetres.

The daughter was born at 10.56
Weight: 2554 grams, length 46 centimetres.

Mother and children are doing fine.

His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik was present at Rigshospitalet all the time.

Christian Schønau
Chief of the Court of TRH The Crown Prince
and Crown Princess of Denmark

A girl and a boy :wub:. Thats wonderful. Congratulations :flowers:.

Funny thing, I had already planned to drink a glass of champagne that I had left from new years eve today. What a coincedence! :)

Funny thing, I had already planned to drink a glass of champagne that I had left from new years eve today. What a coincedence! :)

Hey, I have also a full bottle of champagne remaining from the new year! Let's celebrate! :flowers:

Wow, what great news. Congratulations!!

Imagine if they are wathcing the news, then they see prince Henrik and are like: "oh %=)#Q already!?" Or they're just happy they have company ;)

Can't wait to see the pictures of the babies. This is so cute..

Prime minister just sent Mary flowers and two teddy bears for twins. One with blue bow, one with pink ribbon around neck:)

Congratulations!!!!!! What a lovely news, a boy and a girl!

Yay! Congratulations! :D I wish I could have followed the birth but my hubby insisted that we'd go shopping. Bleh.

(Now I just hope we here in Sweden will get to celebrate a birth of prince/princess/both soon as well....)

Wow what a perfect addition to their family!
Congratulations to all of them.

And it was nice to hear that Mary's labour had started spontaneously and that it was natural births.

Thanks for the translations.congratulations to the family.a lot of people seems to be online today.finally,the twins are here.

How cute, they may need lots of room for flowers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom