Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Felicity M - thank you for your insiteful posts, we are very lucky to have someone on the board who is so close to the action. PLEASE keep posting, it's a real treat!:flowers:

We are currently based in London but Sven still has family in Denmark and has being there before the birth and knew that he would be seeing the new borns but when, he was just waiting on word for the palace and Frederick of when to come. My husband and I both take our private lives very seriously so that as of the CP couple we don't splurt it about.... I myself didn't know about Sven's friendship with Frederick till after we were married.

I am NOT going to go into deep personal converstaions between Sven and Frederick when at the hospital, that between my family and theres. And as a Aussie like Msry it is hard for privacy with the jobs/lifestyles we have

Lady Felicity, I think we all appreciate your post about your husband's visit to the twins :flowers: It's fun and really nice to hear something first hand. And of course you cannot nor should you disclose anything too personal.

Greenways anything from the aussie medi outlets or they still focused on those floods.

The CPC/DRF have chosen to made it differently this time.

There´s a black line on the floor, where the twins will be presented and a fence for the reporters to stand behind.

So no walking to the car through the hall like the last times?

LFM - i will check some news sites - but have seen nothing on TV so far.

LFM - nothing around about Mary leaving hosp. that I can see, Victoria and parts of Tasmania are now on flood watch. Things are worsening , evacuations in both those states as well now. River's cannot cope with rain deluge. (sorry for being a bit off topic).

Last edited by a moderator:
The CPC/DRF have chosen to made it differently this time.

There´s a black line on the floor, where the twins will be presented and a fence for the reporters to stand behind.

That sounds like a sensible solution for everybody.

Beforehand, they used to walk along the line of reporters and that took forever and they had to answer the same questions again and again.
And if you watched it live, for long periods you just saw them some way down the line, without being able to hear anything, let alone see much.

Not to mention that both Frederik and Mary each have a child to carry. A child they can't take turns in carrying.

This probably means that the press meeting will be shorter but better. - And I think we will se Christian and Bella.

ADDED: M&F have faded a bit in the news these last few days, due to a political crisis in one of the two government parties. The chairman of the Conservatives, Lene Espersen (whom I have sometimes and less than admiringly referred to in other threads :bang:) has resigned and a new chairman is stepping in. - I don't think M&F mind! Some of the articles in connection with this birth were getting pretty silly...:whistling:

Last edited:
Australia has more on its hands then worrying about Mary. The interview if any will be short and simple

Calm down. I am sorry that you feel that way but I am a bit puzzled. Why are you so offended? No-one has meant to insult you in any way and we are all thankful that you have shared your knowledge with us.

Back to the twins now. Sorry if this question has already been answered but has anyone found direct links to live news streams?

You didn't say anything wrong Catharina.

If someone is willing to relate a connection, then they should themselves expect others to make a querry, and as such, be content to elaborate within reason. If not, keep it to yourself I say ;)

Was it like that previously for the presentation of Christian and Isabella?

Last edited:
Lady Felicity M, you always give us such good info! Thank you so much!!

Thank you rubies, right now I am more worried about my family back in Australia

So no walking to the car through the hall like the last times?
I don´t know, but I don´t think so.

I lean toward Muhler´s respond here :)

EDIT: They still have to walk through the lobby to the car. I mean, I don´t think that they will go back to the maternity ward :)

This probably means that the press meeting will be shorter but better. - And I think we will se Christian and Bella.
I hope that we´ll get to see Prince Christian and Princess Isabella :)

Was it like that previously for the presentation of Christian and Isabella?
No, at the presentation of both Prince Christian and Princess Isabella the CPC did the "walk´n´talk" :)

Last edited:
I dag får vi tvillingerne at se - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland

I'm going to test if the streams are viewable for people outside Denmark.

Edit: Tried the links to web tv, at least not yet viewable outside Denmark. :( If anyone has urls to live sendings, please post.

--> Going to the other thread to discuss twins leaving the hospital

Last edited:
I noticed something when CP Frederik told the press that the twins were born:
He showed how long the little boy was - just like with Prince Christian :wub:
Then he showed how high the little girl was - just like with Princess Isabella :wub:

Isn´t that cute? Just another to bind the siblings together genderwise :wub:

Translation of transcript in Billed Bladet #02, 2011 when Frederik met the press at Rigshospitalet after the birth of the twins.

Part one:

“I’m here to tell about a good event. The Crown Princess, my wife (formal word), Mary has given birth to two healthy children. First a boy….. and then a girl.
The boy weighs 2.674 grams and the girl 2.554. The boy is 47 centimeters long and the girl 46 centimeters long and they were with about half an hour’s interval, the first around 10.30 and the girl about half an hour later at 10.56.
Considering the circumstances the mother and the children are really, really well – just like the father.
One is this long and the other so tall.
In some way it’s a double trouble with two. You have to be extra aware of them, because there are two. There are more precautions, which have to be taken. But it’s with much more ease of mind that I now stand here. Because we have been very pleased with the maternity team, whom the Crown Princess and I know well and who has made us feel very secure”.

Q: How has this birth been in relation to the others?
“It has in many ways been as it was the first time. But this time there were two individuals inside my wife’s (formal word) belly and all the time one has of course been thinking: - Let everything go well. – There are two little hearts you have to keep an eye on all the time, and there is of course double control. But when that is said, it has been a lovely time. The pregnancy has progressed well and completely undramatic. And the birth itself here has been fantastic to be a part of once again. I will say, a miracle. A miracle times two”.

Q: How was it to be a birth-helper?
“I am mostly an assessor (*) and mental support (**)… in some way without specifically being of use in anything than I was being present. And absorbed it all and enjoying every second (***). That’s very important. I didn’t wish to hit the floor from excitement and expectations, and I didn’t”.

Q: You said when Isabella was born that you were more present the second time. How did you experience it here the third and fourth time?
“Yes, that’s obvious, when you are in here and know the surroundings from prior births, I think you leave that behind you and can prepare yourself for the birth itself. That in itself is an exciting and indescribably sensation. Perhaps particularly in the months up to (the birth), where there is double control and double attention about it, because there are two. Two hearts beating”.

Q: Did you cut the umbilical cord yourself as you did at the previous births?
“Yes, I was as close and as involved as I possibly could”.

Q: How was it to stand with a little newborn on the arm, knowing that one more was on the way?
“It’s so close to being unreal. You stand for a little half hour with the firstborn, while the mother must work on, struggle on… in a good sense. And then all of a sudden there is a girl coming half an hour later. It’s fantastic”.

Q: How have you yourself followed the pregnancy?
“I have been following it and known that they are as well as possible and that’s after all the main thing. In regards to the age of the mother, there is a lot of emphasis on taking some amniocentesis tests and determine as early as possible that there isn’t things you should be afraid of”.

Q: So you knew it would be a boy and a girl?
“Yes, we did – at some point”.

Q: How about Prince Christian and Princess Isabella. Have they been told and how?
“They have seen their mother’s fantastically beautiful belly and I do believe it’s still a bit unreal. Our daughter is more over in the girly-division, so she thinks it’s a pair of dolls that are coming”.

Q: Could you keep back the tears this time?
“No, you shouldn’t do that if you can help it. Because it’s such a big element in your life”.

Q: How do the children look like?
“They look the way newborn do, but they look good. And they are both born with dark hair. So there can be no doubt as to who the parents are”.

Q: How has the Crown Princess manged it?
“It has been impressive. And I can only bow deep down in the dust for all women (****), and for what they can accomplish in connection with a birth”.

Q: Have you spoken with the children?
“Which ones?
The first two or the two new ones? No, Christian and Isabella will come a little later, now they must have time to wake up a little first”.

Q: What is your expectations to the life of father to four? (*****)
“Ha, ha, yes, now we are starting on that. One day at a time, one period at a time, with children in diapers and all that and one for each hand”.

Q: Who screamed the loudest after the birth?
“They both sounded off and that was the most important thing for me”.

Q: We assume you have now also had time to call your mother, the Queen?
“Yes, absolutely”.

Last edited:
I expect there will be a similar transcript from M&F meeting the press next week somewhere.

Part two:

Q: What was her reaction?
“She was of course completely relieved and totally happy that the birth had gone well. Both births”.

Q: Has the Queen also known for some time that it would be one of each sex?
“Yes, we have probably told her, yes. But as long as they were well, that was the most important thing”.

Q: Now that things have gone so fantastically well. Is it so that you can reveal whether there will be more children?
“Ha, ha, ha, no, I will not stand here alone and promise anything. I must ask my better half first”.

Q: Have a boy’s room and a girl’s room already been furnished?
“There is a room with two beds next to each other”.

Q: So, all is ready in their new home?
“Yes, we have lined up well. It would be irresponsible of us not to do that, I’d say”.

Q: Are you surprised it went so fast?
“Generally I’d say we are hugely happy and relieved that it’s over and that all is positive and well, and that the mother is also really well. The progress itself and the speed is not that decisive. The most important thing has been the mother, and she has handled it extremely well. The doctors can confirm that in a moment”.

Q: How long will the Crown Princess, the children and you be committed?
“That is not yet determined. We’ll take that along the way. We will have to take into consideration how the children are and how the mother is. But sooner or later we will come down and show them off”.

Q: For how long did the Crown Princess have contractions, before you went to Rigshospitalet?
“I’d say we started out early on this morning”.

Q: As you for a long time have known it was a boy and a girl, have you also been discussing names?
“We have of course discussed names, but I have just been told that we have given birth on Elvis Presley’s birthday, so we can start by calling the boy Elvis”.

Q: Prince Elvis?
“(Laughing)”.

Q: How did you spend the half an hour that went on between the births?
“That gives one time to breathe and work it over (mentally)”.

Q: You’ve had many great experiences in your life. Is this the greatest?
“Being a father is about the grandest and greatest thing you can become. And this shall be one of the greatest moments of one’s life. I’d say that”. (******)

Q: Has your father-in-law, John Donaldson been told?
“Yes, the family is notified”.

Q: “How did he react?
“He is of course also very, very, but I could almost hear the tears through the phone Big and huge joy from him. Good that he is here. He is happy to be here again. He has been here since Christmas, so he is happy and pleased”.

Q: Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, where were they and who took care of them?
“They were at home…… with their granddad, who is here”.

“I’ll say thanks. That was it, I believe”.

(*) Bisidder = in this context a passive helper or moral support.

(**) Håndspålægger = healer or Savior. In this case I believe Frederik meant soothing.

(***) Which I didn’t! Feeling completely helpless, while at the same time listening to my otherwise gentle wife calling me things you don’t hear outside rowdy bars and blaming me for the whole b….. thing.

(****) Did you get that one, Red Pants Brigade?

(*****) Father of Four. An extremely popular series of movies. I’ll let FasterB explain to those who are interested.

(******) DK lingo: Frederik is here using the word “man = one” (usually translated to “you”) instead of saying “jeg = I”. It’s a very, very common thing to do in Danish in such a situation. Using the more general word “man” is more modest and less presumptuous.

Thank you very much Muhler
flowers.gif

Cousin Pavlos congratulations to Frederik and Mary:

Billed-Bladet - Fætter Pavlos til Frederik og Mary: Det er helt fantastisk

Google Traduttore

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies, you are most welcome :flowers:

I wonder what they are going to do about the christening in terms of which twin will wear the danish royal gown??

Dos anyone think they may use the same robe and as with the celebratory gun saltue having been 20 minutes apart on the occasion of their birth, that maybe they will christen the children 20 minutes apart giving them enough time to use the gown for both children?

Now that even reads to me as rather unlikley, I'm sure :D but, it was just a thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom