Aristocracy

Here is the link from the Aussie news this morning

Sunrise Videos Channel 7

Old 01-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler

Patience.

Wait until tomorrow. I'll write a summary from one of the newspapers.

In the meantime, here is something you can have a look at: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1187587
Thanks Muhler:)
What would this forum do without you:)

Old 01-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
Well this is the media talking here, I guess all the real facts will emerge in time. But just put up what I saw on TV
Yes I am going on the TV reports as well, that the little girl was breech can't find anything in the print media yet
Old 01-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Nobility

Royals from all around the world are now sending their congratulations to the family. As the crown prince couple was having their children, I found out that I am expecting my third child
Old 01-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
Another thought has come to mind - the christening gown that Christian wore has been handed down through the ages, so wonder what the wee Princess will wear !!!!
In my own family we had the same problem when my twin cousins were born. All of my grandparents children and grandchildren wore the same gown, but they couldn't for obvious reasons. My aunt and uncle solved the problem when they used the wedding dress of my aunt to make two new christening gowns for their twins. So in a way their gowns were a family hand-down too. But honestly, I can't see the danish royal do that. So we will either see two completely new gowns or the same gowns where one is wearing the original and one is wearing a duplicate. The latter would be interesting, because then we can all speculate which twin wore the original and which one wore the duplicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
As to whether they are going to have more children:
"I won't stand here and say anything about that. I have to include my better half in that".
Sounds like he isn't completely against more children. Be careful Frederik. Who knows if next time there will be triplets.

(...)
Old 01-08-2011, 07:05 PM

Didn't they make a replica of the christening gown for Isabella or Henrik? Maybe they could use the old one for one twin and the new one for the other twin? Or was it in British Royal House?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M View Post
Royals from all around the world are now sending their congratulations to the family. As the crown prince couple was having their children, I found out that I am expecting my third child
Congratulations ! The date will be easy to remember !
Old 01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Courtier

No. Isabella wore the same christening gown as Christian. The original christening robe was used in 1870. So it is very old and an antique. Just like the Windsors and the Honiton lace christening robe, the Danish royals can chose to have a replica of the christening robe made. The Prince can use the original and the Princess can wear the replica. The original Christening Robe can become part of a permanent exhibit and the Danish royals can continue to use the replica for future christenings.

That's my thinking anyway!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Commoner

Congrats to the DRF! I was hoping this would be the day. Long life and good health to Elvis and Shirley. This is such wonderful news after all the bad news the last couple of weeks. That was a profound quote from Sandburg posted earlier, thanks.

And to those who are convinced that nature had some "help", Mary is considered elderly in the pregnancy game so she was more likely to release multiple eggs. This is according to my daughter the RN. And I believe she once said that there were twins in her family tree at one time. Multiple births can happen naturally, at anytime, for any woman.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Commoner

Congratulations Lady Felicity! :-)

I am expecting a girl in March - and I am 42. It is wonderful to see an "advanced maternal age" mother like Mary deliver healthy babies.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

I had my babies at ages 28, 35 and 38 ...............all single births, all pregnant the first month of trying .
First baby wasn't an easy birth but I nearly had #2 in the car and # 3 was just as "easy"..if you can call any birth easy LOL even with #2 when I barely made it I said on the delivery table to my husband through gritted teeth, "Don't EVER ask me to have any more children" .......famous last words.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

I had to work all day, so I just got the news! How completely perfect, 2 of each, so both older child will have a close sibling that is the same gender. I remember Prince William said how comforting it was to have Prince Harry cuz no one except another royal understands their life& shares their unique growing up experience. I wish health & happiness, now the waiting game for the reveal of the names. Lots more fun speculating
Old 01-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to Princess Mary and Prince Fredrick, their children and their families!

I saw the wonderful news on TV this morning. I was hoping for a boy and girl! I can't wait to see the babies when Mary leaves the hospital!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the Crown Princely family and the people of Denmark!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Courtier

Maybe CP Mary will wear violet for the christening, that would go nicely with amethysts...

The Danish press or the court will most likely give out more details in the days to come so we'll know whether the little girl was breech or not. Earlier when I checked the Australian papers they implied the labour was induced and that she was due next week which weren't true. I'll put it down to being in a hurry and maybe not having all the details at hand.

(...)
Old 01-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Aristocracy

I hope she'll wear green, a pretty all round color, and very suited for spring time. :)
Old 01-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Sounds like he isn't completely against more children. Be careful Frederik. Who knows if next time there will be triplets.
They always said that they wanted a big family...but that could just be pushing it a bit too far

(...)
Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Serene Highness

What is breech?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB
What is breech?
Breech is when the baby is feet first, instead of head first.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
Breech is when the baby is feet first, instead of head first.
Ahh, thank you

I haven´t seen nor heard about that in the danish medias...