Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaundice is common in new borns. They'll need to stay under the billy lights for awhile. Here in the U.S. the hospitals will sometimes send the babies home in a billy-blanket until the billyrubin is broken down and cleared from the babies' systems.

Best of luck for a speedy recovrery to 1 or both of the babies.

Well, I am glad that the twins are being taken proper care of, as Sisse Sejr-Noergaard wrote a stupid article about Mary and the twins receiving special treatment, because they are royal...

I don't think that jaundice is a big deal. Often the babies born with this pathology. Also my cousin was born with the jaundice 28 years ago and now is a beautiful young man without any kind of problems :flowers:

Im sorry, can someone explain to me why the princess is nicknames Shirley?

I don't think that jaundice is a big deal. Often the babies born with this pathology. Also my cousin was born with the jaundice 28 years ago and now is a beautiful young man without any kind of problems :flowers:

I don't think it is a big issue either, as you can see with Christian, he is a healthy and happy boy :)

What annoyed me was the article from BT, that Mary and the twins were receiving prefered treatment on the back of commoner mums. Well, I guess dear Sisse was wrong...

Im sorry, can someone explain to me why the princess is nicknames Shirley?

Fred joked, that they will nickname the boy Elvis as he was born on the same date as the little prince :) So someone (sorry, can't remember who!) checked which female celebrity was born on the same date, and found Shirley Bassey :)

Well, at least we don't have to speculate anymore. Tomorrow it is! :) I wonder how common jaundice with babies is since I've rarely seen one who hasn't turned yellow after birth. :lol: Most do however turn back to normal even without hospital treatment.

On a side note, I think my Danish is getting better and better after reading all the articles. :D Of course Swedish skills do help a bit.

I'm thrilled, really that they'll do the photo op in the late afternoon. The last two days, I get online in the morning in fear it's already happened (nine hour time difference.) Not that taped video is a bad thing. But, it will be fun to see it live!

I can't wait ;) It's gonna be epic to see Mary, Frederik and TWO BABIES! I wonder what color Mary will be wearing - something gener-neutral no doubt...white? beige? I'm sure she will look absolutely radiating.

... I wonder how common jaundice with babies is since I've rarely seen one who hasn't turned yellow after birth. :lol: Most do however turn back to normal even without hospital treatment..
"Jaundice newborns have an apparent icteric sclera, and yellowing of the face, extending down onto the chest. This condition is common in upwards of 70% of newborns" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neonatal_jaundice , percentage is unsure, because German wikipedia says 60 % Neugeborenengelbsucht )

Yes, jaundice is quite common.

I can't wait to see some photos tomorrow.

I'm thrilled, really that they'll do the photo op in the late afternoon. The last two days, I get online in the morning in fear it's already happened (nine hour time difference.) Not that taped video is a bad thing. But, it will be fun to see it live!

Hi Lancchick - do you know if any of the channels in the states will show it live? Is there a website where we could watch it?

Thanks!

Thank you Muhler for the wonderful translation of the BB articles. Your time and effort is very much appreciated. Also love the reference to the Swedish Turtle doves. I'm sure Victoria would chuckle about that. She has a good sense of humour. It is nice to have some good news after all the devastation we have here. Hope you and the red pants movement keep up the good commentary for those of us on the other side of the world. I doubt I will get much news coverage here about Mary with what has been going on with the flooding. So I need all of you to keep me informed. Thanks.

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that they are leaving hospital tomorrow or is it speculated in the press?

first of all, thank you muhlet for tanslating the article on BB.
then, really excited to get to see the twins and mary tomorrow.
bets opened on frederik's outfit AND colour, even though i seriously doubt he'll impress us more than he had already done with the red pants...

Aw man! I'm going to miss the action cause I'll most likely be sleeping at the time they leave. I hate the time difference between Denmark and Vancouver

Aw man! I'm going to miss the action cause I'll most likely be sleeping at the time they leave. I hate the time difference between Denmark and Vancouver
don't worry youa re not the only one I am in LasVegas, and the same I will be sleeping!

'Dag' I guess is a pretty broad slang in Aus. I myself would call my husband a dag when he insists on wearing boardies and a singlet to one of my friends birthday parties. Or if something was boring, people would describe as 'daggy'. I live in North Sydney near the Northern beaches so I'm not sure everywhere else.

what are boardies?

'Boardies' are the Aussie abbreviation for boardshorts.

Seems the twins have done well to be ready to go home in less than a week. They were a little early apparently but were a good birth weight, which must help to get them home! Christian and Bella must be beside themselves with excitment, a double whammy, Mum comes home and twins to boot!:lol::flowers:

So excited!!! I will definitely be sticking close to the laptop in eager anticipation! Only 7 hours difference here, so i won't have to be up too late hopefully. I think I would stay up anyway! there is a thrill to watching something happening live and this is worth staying up for!

I realize it's only 5 am in Copenhagen, but I was just wondering how soon they'll announce the time the CP Couple & twins will be leaving the hospital prior to it happening.

That's what I want to know maybe that way I can set my alarm to wake me up in time to see them leaving.

It's nearly 8 am in Copenhagen. I can't believe no one is up at at 'em this morning, giving us the scoop! ;)

Me too I'm shocked I feel like we usually have more news/discussion going on around this time or atleast it feels like it.

I know but do they usually release the exact time? Otherwise what would you guys define as late afternoon cause I may be able to wake up depending on the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom