Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in LasVegas, so when Mary and the twins are out will miss all the fun becasue I will be sleeping!!!!!! we have 9 hours difference!!! wwwrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I love the name Dagmar.

Dagmar was the younger sister of Queen Alexandra. The mother of the ill fated Nicholas II of Russia. A lot of history with her. Married the brother of her deceased finace, but it was apparently grew into a love match. Her nephew George V sent a ship for her to get her out of Russia, following the Revolution. She spent her last remaining years in Denmark. Mary and Fred attended her reburial in Russia a couple of years back.

Yes I had to look her up to see who she was. A very fascinating yet tragic history.

Anyone got the latest on the twins and the CP? It's gone a bit quiet in here.

I thinks it's about 7.30am in Denmark, everyone's just waking up. Hopefully we will see some action in an hour or two, on the news front.

I can't say I like the name too much though. Largely due to the spelling. Poor kid might get stuck with the nickname 'Dag' which is a slang in Aus that means nerdy or goofy.

I find that interesting as I have always heard the word 'dag' to describe the type of person who is the loner, the friendless, the one who is bullied but never the nerd or goofy one - they are often the ones using the term.

:previous: And I've only ever always heard it used in reference to someone who boasts a chomical disposition. Eccentric, unique sense of humour etc.

Last edited:
I find that interesting as I have always heard the word 'dag' to describe the type of person who is the loner, the friendless, the one who is bullied but never the nerd or goofy one - they are often the ones using the term.

Büt if princess Shirley is named Dagmar it isn't pronounced like the Aussie Dag - in Danish the 'g' is soft (silent) and it is pronounced something like 'Dau:mar'

I kinda hope it happens this morning I can stay up a little bit longer since I don't have class till 1:30pm and Friday at 2:30pm

So, if all this happened and Mary did remarry would she lose her queen title like Alexandra did her princess title and become a countess? Does it work differently if it's a death and not a divorce? Other queens whose spouse died haven't remarried. There's Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, etc. I know one or two of the kings have remarried, but they were marrying into the family not out of it.

It's the monarch who decides what title Mary will have if she remarry. - Or in this case where Christian is under eighteen, it would be the official regent, Joachim.
She would at the very least lose the title of crown princess no later than when Christian turns eighteen. - There can only be one crown princess: Christian's wife.
Christian himself will not get the title of crown prince until he turns eighteen and has signed a pledge to obey the Constitution. Until then he will just be the heir.

However, should Mary have become a queen, before Frederik dies, she will not lose that title. She will remain queen.
Should she remarry, we would have an interesting situation on our hands. My guess is that she voluntarily will give up her title as queen and take a lesser title.

This would be good if I had any clue what it says!!!! I just want them to leave the hospital, so we get photos. Ah, selfish, I know. I want to see what Mary wears this time!

Sorry. I use google translate, which automatically translates it for me. It's a Godsend, otherwise I wouldn't know what it says either. :p

Okay so while we kill time I have this to ask if there anywhere we can watch the full press conference of Prince Christian's birth? I have the twins' press conference and Princess Isabella in full but for Prince Christian I have an annoying reporter talking over Frederik. All the links on the danish website with videos seem to be dead unless I'm doing something wrong...sorry for going semi -ot

How did we get sidetracked to speaking of Fredericks premature "death"?;)

I'm tired, do you guys think she will be released? I wonder if I should wait or if I should just get off go to bed and just see everything tomorrow when I wake up

I have a feeling she will be released today, for some reason, but I don't know if that's true or not. It's probably just wishful thinking on my part!

Darn! I guess we'll have to wait another day. I truly hope Billed-Bladet is right about Friday, because I'm going to be out of town this weekend..

I love the name Dagmar.

Dagmar was the younger sister of Queen Alexandra. The mother of the ill fated Nicholas II of Russia. A lot of history with her. Married the brother of her deceased finace, but it was apparently grew into a love match. Her nephew George V sent a ship for her to get her out of Russia, following the Revolution. She spent her last remaining years in Denmark. Mary and Fred attended her reburial in Russia a couple of years back.
And add to that Denmark had a queen named Dagmar, who was married to King Valdemar II.
English link: Dagmar of Bohemia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Danish link: Dronning Dagmar - Wikipedia, den frie encyklopædi

Christian himself will not get the title of crown prince until he turns eighteen and has signed a pledge to obey the Constitution. Until then he will just be the heir.
Are you sure about that? IIRC then CP Frederik was refered to as CP after his mother became queen :ermm: But I can be wrong - I was 9 at the time of CP Frederik turning 18, so perhaps it´s my memory... You know "all the time I have known him, he has been CP" :whistling::lol:

'Dag' I guess is a pretty broad slang in Aus. I myself would call my husband a dag when he insists on wearing boardies and a singlet to one of my friends birthday parties. Or if something was boring, people would describe as 'daggy'. I live in North Sydney near the Northern beaches so I'm not sure everywhere else.

Are you sure about that? IIRC then CP Frederik was refered to as CP after his mother became queen :ermm: But I can be wrong - I was 9 at the time of CP Frederik turning 18, so perhaps it´s my memory... You know "all the time I have known him, he has been CP" :whistling::lol:

I believe so, yes.
I believe calling Christian crown prince before he is eighteen is strictly speaking incorrect. In the same way as Frederik is called Crown Prince of Denmark, when his correct title is to Denmark.
Anyway, no matter what, when QMII dies, Christian will automatically become the aknowledged Heir whether his father is alive or not. And that's what matters.

I believe so, yes.
I believe calling Christian crown prince before he is eighteen is strictly speaking incorrect. In the same way as Frederik is called Crown Prince of Denmark, when his correct title is to Denmark.
Anyway, no matter what, when QMII dies, Christian will automatically become the aknowledged Heir whether his father is alive or not. And that's what matters.
I willl trust you in this matter :flowers:

Summary of a lot of articles in Billed Bladet #02, 2011.
Written by practically every reporter on the magazine.

There are a number of additional details in the articles.

To say that Frederik was overjoyed would be the understatement of the year!
During the birth he supported Mary as best he could by cooling her forehead. After the birth of Elvis, he held his new son, while Mary was busy giving birth to Shirley.
After the births he was still high on adrenalin and were all over the maternity ward, chatting to the staff and everybody else he got near.
He drove the twins around in their cot and made sure they could hear his voice, when he wasn't attending to Mary. - In short: Behaving like a normal new father.
When the family arrived a couple of champagne bottles was heard popping.
After a couple of days he was apparantly somewhat wasted, after having taken care, of the twins, Mary and the older children as well. Also at night.

Prior to the birth, Rigshospitalet ordered four sets of ecological bedlinen form a shop, from where Mary herself bought bedlinen after giving birth to Christian. The store is: Purebaby.
As Rigshospitalet no doubt possess a set of bedlinen or two, it has been deduced that these four sets where for the royal twins.
Two sets in beige and two in green.

Billed Bladet appear to have phones every single member of Mary's family! Suffice to say that they are all delighted.

Anja Alajdi, Mary's stylist and friend gave an assessment of the twins: They have Marys' colors.

Helle Reedts-Thott claims Elvis resemble Christian. (*)

The Swedish Turtledoves, aka Victoria and Daniel also send their best wishes: "It's a joyous occasion for the DRF. We are very delighted on behalf of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess and we are jätteglade/overjoyed it went well".

Grandpapa Henrik gave Mary a piece of jewelry as maternity gift, without going into details.

Joachim and our Marie along with Bette Henrik is currently on holiday on Ibiza, Spain. With them are Britt and Oscar Siebye and their children.
They will return to DK late this week.
Frederik told Joachim about the news on the phone.

There is also a full transcript of Frederik's meeting with the press, at least the Danish press. I may translate that later as a reference. We'll see.

The birth:
05.15: Frederik alerts Rigshospitalet.
05.50: M&F leave Amalienborg.
06.00: M&F arrive at Rigshospitalet and are recieved by the maternity team.
10.30: Elvis is born. Frederik cuts the umbillical cord. After a short stay with mother, he ends up in the arms of Frederik.
10.56: Shirley is born. Both children are now placed with their mother.
11.38: Frederik meets the press.

The birth was not a surprise. Friday evening a part of the delivery ward had been cordoned off as it was expected Mary would give brith during the weekend.

Mary's contractions started in earnest in the middle of the night to Saturday. John Donaldson was present when Mary's contractions really began to set in: "None of us present at Amalienborg that morning was in doubt as to what was going to happen during the next hours".

Mary had opened up five centimetres on arrival. The birth started spontanous and a C-section was never considered.
Mary got an epiduarl.
Both twins scored top marks on the Apgar scale.

(*) I've never been able to understand how people can tell how a newborn can resemble someone specific. They have to be at least several months before I can see anything myself.

It's the monarch who decides what title Mary will have if she remarry. - Or in this case where Christian is under eighteen, it would be the official regent, Joachim.
She would at the very least lose the title of crown princess no later than when Christian turns eighteen. - There can only be one crown princess: Christian's wife.

However, should Mary have become a queen, before Frederik dies, she will not lose that title. She will remain queen.
Should she remarry, we would have an interesting situation on our hands. My guess is that she voluntarily will give up her title as queen and take a lesser title.

But didn't Frederik became Crown prince in 1972. That's what i always thought. Perhaps mary would became the Dowager Crown Princess or something like this but perhaps this is to oldfashioned now.

But didn't Frederik became Crown prince in 1972. That's what i always thought. Perhaps mary would became the Dowager Crown Princess or something like this but perhaps this is to oldfashioned now.

I begin to doubt myself, Stefan :ermm: Anyway, the main thing is that Frederik/Christian is aknowledged as the heir.
That was a big problem for the first 700 years of Danish history, until the introduction of Absolutism in the 1660's.
Until then, in theory, anyone could become king. In reality the king was elected and/or aknowledged from the same extended family.

You are welcome, Jutscurious. :)
It will no doubt please you to know that Frederik's pants are more than well featured in this weeks issue....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom