Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sayin.....Are Mary and Fredrick entitled to more money since they have changed homes (palaces at that)which would be quite expensive to keep going and have added 2 more children? I would think their expenses have gone up. Do they petition (wrong word I know) the country for more money? Please note: I am not judging them if they do I'm just wondering!
Nope...they are not going to get more money. As a matter of fact, I think the money that the DRF get from the state this year will be frozen at the same amount as last year.
And by the way, it had been known for 6 years that Frederik VIII would be the future home of the Crown Prince Couple. CP Frederik's appanage from the state was significantly increased at the time of his wedding in 2004 to accommodate the change in residence.:flowers: So it has been planned for a long time.

Just sayin.....Are Mary and Fredrick entitled to more money since they have changed homes (palaces at that)which would be quite expensive to keep going and have added 2 more children? I would think their expenses have gone up. Do they petition (wrong word I know) the country for more money? Please note: I am not judging them if they do I'm just wondering!

Terri Terri is absolutely right. M&F will not get a higher apanage just because they have twins.

If the DRF need more funds they will "let it be known" to the government, who on their behalf will put forward a request to the Parliament for an increase in the apanage or alternatively to allocate a sum to cover a specific expense.

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I didn't realise that they were taxing the USA to sustain the lavish lifestyle that an addition of two children to to Crown Princely family of Denmark will require. :bang:

You are right. In the US, you have to work hard for your money. The president is elected by the people and taxes are paid to be able to have schools, roads, etc. I don't think it is polite to make a comment in a sarcastic way. I am, by no means, implying something other than I thought it was unusual to say "back to their normal life" and the fact that they will have their hands full. This is an open forum, right? Addint two children to any family would be very expensive, but God bless the princes for being able to maintain that life style. I am not envious or jealous or anything like that, I was just offering a point of view. Take it or leave it, it is just that my point of view.

You are right. In the US, you have to work hard for your money. The president is elected by the people and taxes are paid to be able to have schools, roads, etc. I don't think it is polite to make a comment in a sarcastic way. I am, by no means, implying something other than I thought it was unusual to say "back to their normal life" and the fact that they will have their hands full. This is an open forum, right? Addint two children to any family would be very expensive, but God bless the princes for being able to maintain that life style. I am not envious or jealous or anything like that, I was just offering a point of view. Take it or leave it, it is just that my point of view.
Point taken!:flowers: But you are talking about 2 different countries with 2 entirely different representative forms of government, tax systems and above all cultures.
When Alexandra was talking about the Crown Prince Couple "getting back to their normal life", she meant the normal life of the couple. By the way, even Alexandra herself has a "normal" life that cannot be compared to that of regular folk! She is a remarried ex-wife of a prince and receives an appanage from the Danish government to carry on with her patronages and support her 2 princes, the Queen's eldest grandchildren.:) How "normal" is her life compared to yours or mine?
I don't think that any of us are that naive to think that our "normal" is the same "normal" for the Crown Prince Couple, or any of their contemporaries in other monarchies for that matter. When Prince William and his soon-to-be wife Catherine have children, do we believe that they won't have staff to help them too?
Do Felipe & Letizia; Haakon & Mette-Merit; Victoria & Daniel; Willem-Alexander & Maxima and all these other young royals not have the same staff, or even more, than the CP Couple of Denmark?

This is what the note said:
Nu kommer Marys søster.

Moster kommer hele vejen fra Australien for at se de nyfødte tvillinger.

En særdeles rørt John Donaldson kunne fortælle pressen i går på Rigshospitalet at Mary snart får selskab af sin ene søster. Han er far til de tre piger Jane, Patricia og Mary som er den yngste.
I dag (Sunday) skulle Patricia Bailey gøre Donaldson selskab om den glædelige begivenhed, der bliver fulgt tæt af dansk og udenlandsk presse. Hun er storesøster for Mary og får som regel besøg, når Mary besøger Australien.
Den anden storesøster, Jane Stephens kunne meddele sin glæde over telefonen fra Tasmanien.
"Jeg er begejstret og spændt på Frederik, Christian og Isabella", fortæller Stephens.
"Jeg er lettet over at alle har det godt oven på fødslen".

Daily Telegraph however writes that Jane Stephens visited Mary and that she passed the press without comments:
Princess Mary is expected to take her royal twins home from hospital within the next two days | The Daily Telegraph
So I guess the BT journalist got it wrong.

Starlounge confirms that it was Jane Stephens who visited Mary on Monday. So did Christian: Christian hos tvillingerne igen | Starlounge

Billed Bladet's Ulrik Ulriksen tells us that Jane was visiting Mary - for a long time. And Susan Moody was there as well. This taking place Monday.
Yes. Its Jane Stephens that is in Copenhagen visiting Mary. First photo at
Belga!:flowers:
Picture details

I don't know why they try and initiate a rift between the two brothers that seem to me like it was never there. They might have their brotherly spats like every other family but they both come across as two guys who seem very much connected and in tune with each other's lives right now. They seem to have a close bond.

Well, Joachim said, when being interviewed for the book about Frederik, that Fred and him had a period where their relationship was strained, and that they are not as close as they have been before but are working on it :sad:

Well you were complaining about paying tax to the danish royalty:lol:

quick overall comments:
1. henrik's humor: i am sure it was just a "boutade" but, as far as i am concerned at least, it was a bad one, not towards the newborns, whose appearence is bound to change a lot during the first months and is therefore unjudgeable at the moment, but towards mary and frederik. come on, these are you son and you daughter in law we are talking about! i can imagine the two of them happy but tired and stressed out for the birth and maybe a bit worried about the future, and there you go and spit out a comment like that??? come on. if i were frederik, i would bear some grudge for some days...
2. joachim and frederik. in my opinion, at the moment frederik is closer to his nephews, especially the two older ones which were born before he had his own childern, than to his brother. the two brothers seemed to have grown bit apart, but i guess that this is unavoidable if we take into account how different the lives of a crown prince and a junior royal should be. to this extent, now that the twins are born Isabella will be luckier, bc christian will grow up to be the future crown prince but isabella will not be the only junior royal of her time, but will have the twins and especially her little sister.
(..)

You are right. In the US, you have to work hard for your money. The president is elected by the people and taxes are paid to be able to have schools, roads, etc.
I think all people in all countries work hard for their money; I know that I do. We just live under different ideologies as to how much we pay in direct taxes and which services we would like to have provided by the government and which we prefer to pay for ourselves.
The systems we don't know may seem the most unpalatable to us; after a couple of visits from the US president to Denmark, I was shocked by the costs of having him going/driving around. Just one morning when he (think it was Bush) used one of the motorways to Copenhagen, all the usual morning traffic was stopped as were the trains on certain routes so people couldn't get to work for a couple of hours. The loss of earning potential that day for the greater Copenhagen area was colossal!!!! And just because of the security measures for one single president :ohmy:
Our own royal family could probably exist for months on end for these costs alone! So, in the end I suppose it is all what you are not used to having which really stands out as extraordinary - if not extravagant/unnecessary.

Well, Joachim said, when being interviewed for the book about Frederik, that Fred and him had a period where their relationship was strained, and that they are not as close as they have been before but are working on it :sad:

Why was their relationship strained?

I have been busy dealing with floods at home the last couple of days and I come back to the forum to check on the progress of the crown prince couple and people are talking about money and tax payers. GET A LIFE . Yeez all this talk about bloody money has been flogged to death on other forum threads. Give it a rest will ya!! For goodness sake we should be rejoicing in the birth of two brand new babies. (...) Am looking forward to when Mary is allowed to leave the hospital with her precious bundles.

I am interested to see what Mary will wear exiting the hospital...Because I noticed with Christian's exit, her firstborn, she wore a shift dress, heavy frock coat, stockings and pumps...Something I wouldn't have even attempted myself...With Isabella's exit, she was a bit more casual, black pants and smock top...I don't know if climate had anything to do with it, Christian being born in winter and Isabella in milder spring/summer weather? So she will either be in fancy sweats and gym shoes, more casual than she was with Isabella ;) or totally rugged up more than she was for Christian, because it does look very chilly in Copenhagen at the moment...Oh, how I love to focus on the trivialities :)

...Oh, how I love to focus on the trivialities :)

Me too :D She will definitely wear something warmer than when she took Isabella home at the end of April. I'm also curious to see if it shows that she is now breastfeeding two babies instead of one; have heard that for some women all excess pounds from the pregnancy are 'sucked away' rather quickly.

Mary has usually carried the new baby home wrapped in a shawl that used to belong to her mother but what now when she's got two babies? Does she have two shawls or is her sister bringing her a new one based on the traditional Shetland Islands pattern?

(...)

Mary has usually carried the new baby home wrapped in a shawl that used to belong to her mother but what now when she's got two babies? Does she have two shawls or is her sister bringing her a new one based on the traditional Shetland Islands pattern?
It would be nice if her sister brought one for the CPC to wrap one of the babies in. Perhaps their mother knitted one shawl for each child of her and John (4 all in all) and Jane are lending hers to the CPC :wub:

(...)

(...)

Oh I didn't know that. I have just checked the photos with Mary leaving the hospital right after she gave birth to Christian and Isabella. The shawl is beautiful. I like the idea of her sister bringing something traditional from her home country.

I think all people in all countries work hard for their money; I know that I do. We just live under different ideologies as to how much we pay in direct taxes and which services we would like to have provided by the government and which we prefer to pay for ourselves.
The systems we don't know may seem the most unpalatable to us; after a couple of visits from the US president to Denmark, I was shocked by the costs of having him going/driving around. Just one morning when he (think it was Bush) used one of the motorways to Copenhagen, all the usual morning traffic was stopped as were the trains on certain routes so people couldn't get to work for a couple of hours. The loss of earning potential that day for the greater Copenhagen area was colossal!!!! And just because of the security measures for one single president :ohmy:
Our own royal family could probably exist for months on end for these costs alone! So, in the end I suppose it is all what you are not used to having which really stands out as extraordinary - if not extravagant/unnecessary.
wow it is embarassing what Presiendt Bush cost to the Danes!

Is there any news on when Mary & the twins will be released from the hospital today?

I'm just now reading that Prince Henrik called the twins ugly. I cannot believe he would say that to the media. If that's how he feels, fine, but don't say something so insensitive to the media. That's all I'm going to say about that.

No, it´s 00:18 in the night here in Denmark :flowers:

I figured, but what I meant was, is there any news today on when they'll be released. ;)

I figured, but what I meant was, is there any news today on when they'll be released. ;)
No, if they go home later today (wednesday) then we will be told so about two, perhaps three, hours before. IIRC then it was that way with both Prince Christian and Princess Isabella :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom