Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The christening gowns made for Prince Joachim´s three boys was made by Henrik Hviid. I don´t suppose that the CPC will use either one of them. They are made for Prince Joachim´s family.

And the twins are not Joachims family? Maybe not his immediate family, but I don't see why that would be a problem if Frederik asks him if he could borrow one of the gowns for his son/daughter. Personally I wouldn't have a problem if my sister/brother would ask me if something like that would happen to us.

Anyway, I quite like the idea of a christening gown from Marys family. The son would get the one from daddys family while the daughter would get the one from mummys family.

Also, I was thinking why don't they use both of Joachims kids gowns for the twins, so later no-one of them feels bad that he/she wasn't christened in the old family gown. But then I saw the gowns and saw that they are very different from each other so that option may not even be an option.

And to be honest, if Joachim could get new christening gowns for his sons, why can't Frederik have new ones for his twins? It could be possible. Mybe one with a very light touch of blue and one the same in pink so that everyone will know which twin is the boy and which one is the girl.

Tell that two my two sister in-laws who both had c sections and both had an abdomnoplasty in correlation with the procedure, so sorry, but you are quite wrong.

That is so very surprising to me.:lol:

I suppose when you are at a private hospital you can order from the "menu" so to speak, as long it is safe for the patient.

Being no expert I'm convinced that no doctor would ever perform these operations in combination, in Denmark. And never at a public hospital where CP Mary is.:flowers:

But very interesting about these differences :flowers:

I promise I won't comment on this topic any further when it bothers you:flowers:

Does anyone know when Christian and Isabella are scheduled to visit their mom and new siblings today?

And the twins are not Joachims family? Maybe not his immediate family, but I don't see why that would be a problem if Frederik asks him if he could borrow one of the gowns for his son/daughter. Personally I wouldn't have a problem if my sister/brother would ask me if something like that would happen to us.
Of course the twins are Prince Joahim´s family too, but as you said they´re not his immediate family. And therefor, in this special family, I can´t see the CPC borrowing one the gowns from Schackenborg. If they borrows the one that was made for Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix then the press will made up stories that they (the cpc) favores Countess Alexandra. If they borrow the one made for Prince Henrik, then the stories will be: Why didn´t they borrow the one made for the oldest sons of Prince Joachim? Don´t they like them?

So, you see, I can´t see it happen. I can better imagine either a gown from CPss Mary´s family or one, perhaps two, new gowns :flowers:

Of course the twins are Prince Joahim´s family too, but as you said they´re not his immediate family. And therefor, in this special family, I can´t see the CPC borrowing one the gowns from Schackenborg. If they borrows the one that was made for Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix then the press will made up stories that they (the cpc) favores Countess Alexandra. If they borrow the one made for Prince Henrik, then the stories will be: Why didn´t they borrow the one made for the oldest sons of Prince Joachim? Don´t they like them?

That's something that I really hate. Why does there always have to be a secret meaning behind it? Why can't it just mean that Frederik needs a second gown and he asks for the one that's more similar to the traditional one? This doesn't have something to do with which woman he prefers. But that's the press for you. ;)

well the twins' christening will turn out as a very interesting event, with many adjustment to be made to the usual protocol. E.g.: the mother is usually holding the baby and saying his/her name, do you reckon Mary will be holding a child and saying his/her name and Frederik will do the same with the other one, or will the twin to be christened be passed to Mary who will say both names according th the tradition while Frederik holds the other twin?
btw, i'd love the idea of two new gowns with a bit of blue and pink to distinguish the babies! and i definitely go for a blue suit (maybe electric blue? :p ) for frederik with a touch of pink maybe in his tie, and probably some lavander/lilla outfit for Mary with blue jewels, bag, shoes...?

That is so very surprising to me.:lol:

I suppose when you are at a private hospital you can order from the "menu" so to speak, as long it is safe for the patient.

Being no expert I'm convinced that no doctor would ever perform these operations in combination, in Denmark. And never at a public hospital where CP Mary is.:flowers:

But very interesting about these differences :flowers:

I promise I won't comment on this topic any further when it bothers you:flowers:

It's not that it bothers me, I just can't give you any other answer other than the one I've already provided and we'd only end up going around and around in circles which is pointless :)

I only touched on it briefly as I'd imagine the twins to be the last of the children for Mary and Frederik and that if she were to have had a c section, that maybe it would have been considered. That was all.

But, we know she gave birth naturally and that is that ;)

And as you state, it's a public hospital (not that that really matters as a private surgeon can perform elective surgery at a public hospital, just at a higher cost generally) and any such operation would be unlikley to be performed there generally. You are more knowledgeable about the workings of the Danish health system than I.

I'm sure within 5 months Mary will be back to her pre pregnancy weight, given her dedication to nutrition and exercise.

Last edited:
That's something that I really hate. Why does there always have to be a secret meaning behind it? Why can't it just mean that Frederik needs a second gown and he asks for the one that's more similar to the traditional one? This doesn't have something to do with which woman he prefers. But that's the press for you. ;)
Just to make sure, it´s the media, newspaper (esp. EB), weekly mags aso I´m thinking of when I say "the press" :flowers:

According "BT.dk" Christian and Isabella will meet their siblings today:flowers:

http://www.bt.dk/royale/i-dag-skal-christian-og-isabella-moede-tvillingerne
Google Traduttore

Thank you Marika86. I am looking forward to see the pictures.

Oh how I wished the Danish royal family would have the same tradition as the Dutch royals have after the birth of a child. The father shows baby right after the birth to the press. The anticipation is just killing me :lol:

well the twins' christening will turn out as a very interesting event, with many adjustment to be made to the usual protocol. E.g.: the mother is usually holding the baby and saying his/her name, do you reckon Mary will be holding a child and saying his/her name and Frederik will do the same with the other one, or will the twin to be christened be passed to Mary who will say both names according th the tradition while Frederik holds the other twin?
btw, i'd love the idea of two new gowns with a bit of blue and pink to distinguish the babies! and i definitely go for a blue suit (maybe electric blue? :p ) for frederik with a touch of pink maybe in his tie, and probably some lavander/lilla outfit for Mary with blue jewels, bag, shoes...?

I never thought of this but you are right, eliz. There will be some changes regarding the usual christining protocoll for sure. It will be very interesting and exciting to see all.

It just came to my mind whether Mary will be able to join the British wedding with to babies to breast feed? I hope she will do but I can understand when she choses not so attend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Marika, for the information about Christian and Isabella!
Don´t you know the hour they´re visiting?

It´s not sure that Prince Christian and Princess Isabella will visit today. They probably will, but nothing sure and nothing has been released.

I don´t think we will see them at the hospital. I think they will be taken in and out at another entrance :)

I read that Christian has a cold, so I think that it is not very probable that he will visit twins, but maybe he is no more ill.

I'm sure within 5 months Mary will be back to her pre pregnancy weight, given her dedication to nutrition and exercise.

Well in Denmark there is a lot that bicycle to work and jog in their speartime or jog with colleagues.:flowers:

And there is an increasingly number of firms who provide free fruit for the employes:flowers:

Congratulations to The Danish Royal Family and The Donaldson family! What wonderful news for them all. So glad to hear that everything went smoothly and that Mary and the twins are doing well. I was hoping for a boy and a girl!

I think if the children visit today it will be private and not in front of the press. This is enough for them to take in without the eyes of the world on them.

I understand. I hope we´ll see them today, but I don´t mind wait a bit more ;)
Yes, I read abou Christian cold, I wish he got well soon! :flowers:

It´s not sure that Prince Christian and Princess Isabella will visit today. They probably will, but nothing sure and nothing has been released.

I don´t think we will see them at the hospital. I think they will be taken in and out at another entrance :)

But I remember that when Sofia of Spain was born, we saw Felipe bring Leonor to the Clinic to see her newborn sister.

But I remember that when Sofia of Spain was born, we saw Felipe bring Leonor to the Clinic to see her newborn sister.
Yes, but that was in Spain. You didn´t see CP Frederik bringing Prince Christian to Rigshospitalet when Princess Isabella was born. :flowers: (IIRC)

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, she went two times :)
I was thinking about the same, I would like to see photos like those ones, so lovely.
But then I remembered that they took more time to take Leonor to the hospital, about 2/3 days after the birth. Perhaps is too soon yet, Mary needs some rest, and, though I´m sure she would want to see her children, they aren´t so calm as adults and can annoy a bit.

Well in Denmark there is a lot that bicycle to work and jog in their speartime or jog with colleagues.:flowers:

And there is an increasingly number of firms who provide free fruit for the employes:flowers:

Which is wonderful that Danish society at large has a proactive attitude on fitness. No wonder many Danes are so scrumptuous to look at ;):D

It's important to keep physcially fit and this is something we know the Crown Princess to feel passionate about herself. Between gymnasium work, jogging/running in the grounds of Fredensborg and a nutritionally balanced diet, it's no surprise Mary is as trim as she is when not pregnant.

Yes, but that was in Spain. You didn´t see CP Frederik bringing Prince Christian to Rigshospitalet when Princess Isabella was born. :flowers: (IIRC)

Yes,I thought what have you said but I also think that Christian in 2007 when Isabella was born, was quite young to going to see his sister.
Anyway, we will see in next days :flowers:

Which is wonderful that Danish society at large has a proactive attitude on fitness. No wonder many Danes are so scrumptuous to look at ;):D

It's important to keep physcially fit and this is something we know the Crown Princess to feel passionate about herself. Between gymnasium work, jogging/running in the grounds of Fredensborg and a nutritionally balanced diet, it's no surprise Mary is as trim as she is when not pregnant.

Well I haven't heard that CP Mary has a diet, but many of my family and friends and colleagues are eating vegetables like they were planning for celebrating their 100 years birthday :lol:

Off topic I know I'm sorry:flowers:

Maybe the government of Australia will gift a christening gown made of materials from Australia and incorporating embroidery related to that continent.

Uggs boots for the new twins

Royal order of the booties - hail Mary, mother of four
Read here

It's interesting how traditions differ in different countries - and families. Here it is a tradition that the "main" godmother holds the baby at the baptismal font, not the mother (there can be several godmothers but the one holding the child is the "main" one). The christening gown is usually decorated with pink or light blue depending on whether the child to be christened is a girl or a boy. The gown in our family also has two "under gowns" that can be changed, a pink and a light blue one.

I don't see a problem with ordering two new gowns or ordering a copy of the old one. The reason why Joachim has two gowns for his children might be because he's been married twice, I don't know. Maybe the first gown is to be handed down in Alexandra's line and the other one in Marie's.

Oh, and I thought the new babies were getting new pairs of Uggs from Australia but apparently the article meant to say that Mary will probably be ordering new Uggs soon. Or maybe it was a hint for anyone in Australia trying to decide what to send to the twins as a gift...

I doubt that Christian will visit the twins as he's supposedly has a cold right now.

It's interesting how traditions differ in different countries - and families. Here it is a tradition that the "main" godmother holds the baby at the baptismal font, not the mother (there can be several godmothers but the one holding the child is the "main" one). The christening gown is usually decorated with pink or light blue depending on whether the child to be christened is a girl or a boy. The gown in our family also has two "under gowns" that can be changed, a pink and a light blue one.

I think the DRF does it a bit differently from many other Danes. In my families and many other I know of, babies are indeded usually held by the 'gudmor' - the main godmother. And in my family we also have a light pink and light blue under gown for a girl and a boy respectively :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom