Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one gown for the baptism.

What Gowns worn by the royal children, until the actual baptism is always a private matter and therefore not something to be published in advance, "says Lene Balleby who is communications director at the court.

http://www.bt.dk/royale/mary-og-frede-har-et-daabs-problem

Christening Gown with 140 years old was made to Christian 10.s baptism in 1870

The following are particular been baptized in the dress: Frederik 9th, Queen Margrethe, Princess Benedikte, Queen Anne-Marie, Princess Elisabeth, Count Ingolf of Rosenborg, Count Christian of Rosenborg, Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Joachim, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella

What were Prince Nikolai,Felix and Henrik christened in?
Maybe that gown can be used if it's different to the other one.

Interesting that they're calling the princess Shirley. Is there a particular reason why?

I completely agree. Besides, does it really matter how she gave birth? I personally don't care. When a couple wants children than they should and can make use of the medical and technological possibilities that we have. I think we should be thankful for such kind of possibility as it makes many couples who can't have children naturally very happy. Natural or not natural birth - what matters is that mother and children are healthy and doing fine. I can't wait to see the pictures of the twins.
I agree that people who need the technological help for having children, should definitely use them. The 'problem' is that we now tend to believe that most couple expecting twins have had help and that most twin pregnancies must inevitably end with a C-section.

Yesterday, a medical doctor was interviewed on Danish radio and he said that only 13% of all twin births in Denmark take place the way Mary's did - labour was not induced and none of the twins were delivered by C-section. So, from a medical point of view it must be satisfying that these births demonstrate that they can happen without problems :)

There are two cases of twin births in the royal family's history.

In 1519, King Christian II and Queen Elizabeth parents of twin boys Maximilian and Philip, both died the same year. In 1626, King Christian IV and Kirsten Munk was in year 1626 the parents of twin sisters Christiane and Hedvig. None of these twins were in succession.

http://www.bt.dk/royale/det-vidste-du-ikke-om-kongelige-tvillinger

I've also heard a rumour about twinboys that QMII father should have had in his very early years. But I'm sure it is just a rumour and nothing else.:lol:

According to BT online today (http://www.bt.dk/royale/mary-og-frede-har-et-daabs-problem) designer Henrik Hviid made a brand new one for Nikolai's christening which was also used for Felix. BT claims that Henrik Hviid designed a new one for little prince Henrik, so the three brothers are not christened in the same gown.

RoyalEnquirer said:
Interesting that they're calling the princess Shirley. Is there a particular reason why?
Frederik joked that since the twins were born on Elvis' birthday, the boy could for now be called Elvis. One of the TRF members then said that it was also Shirley Bassey's birthday, so .... Elvis and Shirley! :flowers:

After Shirley Bassey, who was born yesterday. :) Seeing as the boy is named Elvis. ;)
We have to call them something while we wait for their actual names. :flowers:

According to BT online today (http://www.bt.dk/royale/mary-og-frede-har-et-daabs-problem) designer Henrik Hviid made a brand new one for Nikolai's christening which was also used for Felix. BT claims that Henrik Hviid designed a new one for little prince Henrik, so the three brothers are not christened in the same gown.

Could it be possible then, that the gown used for Nikolai and Felix could be used for the baby girl? :)

There was one gown specially made and used for Nikolai and Felix. And it looks totally different than the one that is being used by Christian and Isabella.
http://www.christinesroyalty.net/specialoccassions/nikolai/pic/doop.jpg

And the one that was made for Henrik, is totally different from the two others, too.

http://www.n-tv.de/img/43/435793/O_...CHRISTENING-COP817.jpg3765725479318722162.jpg

Last edited:
A son and a daughter. How wonderful. :flowers: Now they have two of each.
Congrats to the whole family.
I just noticed your avatar, that is the most beautiful I have ever seen Princess Mary. Her face is slightly fuller and gives her a beautiful look.

Could it be possible then, that the gown used for Nikolai and Felix could be used for the baby girl? :)

Perhaps.
Personally, I favour a copy of the old christening gown used for Christian and Isabella. At some point this old gown won't last anymore, and then it would be nice to have a high-quality copy of it. And twins are the perfect reason to start making that copy :flowers:

John Donaldson said that the twins look like Princess Isabella when she was a baby.

Is there a gown available from Mary's family that could be used? I think that would be a nice touch.

Elvis and Shirley.....as odd as that sounds in terms of royal names at this point, I think it's better than what they called Isabella in the interm (something with 'pig' in it).

I wasnt going to suggest it, but if a c section was had to not only to ensure safe delivery of the twins, perhaps also a little 'tightening' of a certain Crown Princess' tummy was done as well ;)

Only a thought on my behalf, nothing more, so don't start scolding me for suggesting the possibility of Mary having an abdomnoplasty in conjunction with the birth :p

As it was explicitly stated, that a C-Section was not even considered by the midwife, how should that be possible?

Perhaps.
Personally, I favour a copy of the old christening gown used for Christian and Isabella. At some point this old gown won't last anymore, and then it would be nice to have a high-quality copy of it. And twins are the perfect reason to start making that copy :flowers:

I agree with you! :flowers:

I totally agree.:flowers:

The c-section was not considered at all.

The farmerprince is on private vacation abroad.

Ekstra Bladet - Jokke svigter Frede

The expression "farmerprince" in the article refers to prince Joachim who is a farmer.:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a gown available from Mary's family that could be used? I think that would be a nice touch.

Elvis and Shirley.....as odd as that sounds in terms of royal names at this point, I think it's better than what they called Isabella in the interm (something with 'pig' in it).

Lillepigen means 'little girl'.

So what if it has letters that make up the word 'pig'? Clearly that isn't it's meaning.

As it was explicitly stated, that a C-Section was not even considered by the midwife, how should that be possible?

Keep your hat on...lol.

Was that public knowledge before, or after my post was made? I wasn't reading any articles at the time anyway so clearly I wasn't aware Mary was having a natural birth at the time of positing.

In anycase, it was only a thought regarding the possibility of 'if'.

Last edited:
I read that we will have to wait 3 months to know the names? :ermm: I thought it was only one! :sad:

One thing I think to be quite likely, is that Mary shall wear the ivory and cream lace floral fascinator that she wore to the christenings of her first two children.
I was thinking the same about this fascinator. It would add a really nice touch if Mary wears it for the next christening as well.

Keep your hat on...lol.

Was that public knowledge before, or after my post was made? I wasn't reading any articles at the time anyway so clearly I wasn't aware Mary was having a natural birth at the time of positing.

In anycase, it was only a thought regarding the possibility of 'if'.

As there are today people still thinking it is possible even after it has been announced that there was no C-Section used, yes, imo it was necessary to point it out again.

I wasnt going to suggest it, but if a c section was had to not only to ensure safe delivery of the twins, perhaps also a little 'tightening' of a certain Crown Princess' tummy was done as well ;)

Only a thought on my behalf, nothing more, so don't start scolding me for suggesting the possibility of Mary having an abdomnoplasty in conjunction with the birth :p
I wouldn't be surprise about that, we will see in the future in a couple of months how does she looks I think Angelina jolie did that

Last edited:
well i'm sorry joachim and marie are not planning a visit to the twins.
it will prompt further speculations from the press that the relationship between the brothers is quite cold. i am not in a position to know wether this is true or not. of course, it could simply be that joachim and marie are on holiday and the twins were actually expected at the end of january, and with they having being born early january the schedule got a bit mixed up.
still, to joachim and marie the twins are nontheless two newborn nephews and i was thinking that their son henrik might grow to be very close to the boy twins, since they are of very similar age, so it is a pity that they didn't make an effort.
after all, frederik and mary paid their visit to little henrik.

whatever the relationship is...
they are on vacation and the twins why should they break up when they can visit mary and the twin in a few days - I wouldn´t have a problem if one of my sisters (dont have a brother) would do so, so whats the point

Patricia Bailey is already on her way to Denmark ;)

The christening gowns made for Prince Joachim´s three boys was made by Henrik Hviid. I don´t suppose that the CPC will use either one of them. They are made for Prince Joachim´s family.

My guess is that if there is a christening gown in CPss Mary´s family then that one will be used for the twingirl, since she is number 4. The old royal danish christening gown will then be used for the twinboy, since he is number 3.

But the CPC could surprise us and let them both use the old royal danish christening gown and just change the gown between the twins at the baptismal font :flowers:

But the CPC could surprise us and let them both use the old royal danish christening gown and just change the gown between the twins at the baptismal font :flowers:
I really hope they won´t do that :ermm:
I think they´ll use the original and a copy, although I think that the most sensible think is getting two new ones. I love when little royals wears those old christening gowns that have been in their families for centuries, but it´s nothing wrong with getting new ones, since the others are too old.
Also, you can never know when the future members of the family can have more twins (maybe Christian can have them in the future), so it´s fine if they have two identical gowns ready for that ;)

I don´t think there will be a replica. In the case of no christening gown from CPss Mary´s family, then I think there will be two new gowns made.

As there are today people still thinking it is possible even after it has been announced that there was no C-Section used, yes, imo it was necessary to point it out again.

What I fail to understand is why you sighted my initial post, when it's since been confirmd that Mary had given birth naturally? So in that, I don't think there was any need to bring it up again because no matter what anyone has said since that post, we all know she didn't have a c section so that paritcular topic is void :)
Patricia Bailey is already on her way to Denmark

It's nice that Patricia is going to Denmark. It seems both her and Jane take visits in turns which would be nice for Mary.

Last edited:
What I fail to understand is why you then questioned my post, when it's since been confirmd that Mary had given birth naturally? So in that, I don't think there was any need to bring it up again because no matter what anyone says since my initial post, we all know she didn't have a c section...:)

Madame Royal
I fail to see why you even bother to speculate

a) when you don't know if there is any c-section and

b) when an ab operation in combination with a c-section, is so far beyond anything you would normally expect besides from perhaps in science fictiction :lol:

Benedikte, what was the point of the :previous: post exactly?

I've made it ever so clear, that I had made the comment prior to knowing that Mary had given birth naturally? Can we let it go now ladies and move on? :)

b) when an ab operation incombination with a c-section, is so far beyond anything you would normally expect besides from perhaps in science fictiction

Tell that to my two sister in-laws who both had c sections and both had an abdomnoplasty in correlation with the procedure, so sorry, but you are quite wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom