Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my babies at ages 28, 35 and 38 ...............all single births, all pregnant the first month of trying .
First baby wasn't an easy birth but I nearly had #2 in the car and # 3 was just as "easy"..if you can call any birth easy LOL even with #2 when I barely made it I said on the delivery table to my husband through gritted teeth, "Don't EVER ask me to have any more children" .......famous last words. :ROFLMAO:

I had to work all day, so I just got the news! How completely perfect, 2 of each, so both older child will have a close sibling that is the same gender. I remember Prince William said how comforting it was to have Prince Harry cuz no one except another royal understands their life& shares their unique growing up experience. I wish health & happiness, now the waiting game for the reveal of the names. Lots more fun speculating

Congratulations to Princess Mary and Prince Fredrick, their children and their families!:heartflower::flowers:

I saw the wonderful news on TV this morning. I was hoping for a boy and girl!:) I can't wait to see the babies when Mary leaves the hospital!;)

Congratulations to the Crown Princely family and the people of Denmark!

Maybe CP Mary will wear violet for the christening, that would go nicely with amethysts... ;)

The Danish press or the court will most likely give out more details in the days to come so we'll know whether the little girl was breech or not. Earlier when I checked the Australian papers they implied the labour was induced and that she was due next week which weren't true. I'll put it down to being in a hurry and maybe not having all the details at hand.

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope she'll wear green, a pretty all round color, and very suited for spring time. :)

:eek: Sounds like he isn't completely against more children. Be careful Frederik. Who knows if next time there will be triplets. :ROFLMAO:

:lol::lol::lol: They always said that they wanted a big family...but that could just be pushing it a bit too far:ROFLMAO:

(...)

"Breech" is when a baby is born feet first.

I thought these would be the last babies they'll have but according to Fred who knows... :whistling: :eek: :lol: I wonder what Mary's opinion is... :p

Congratulations to Denmark and the Royal Family! :daneflag:

Denmark holds a special place in my heart since I have Danish ancestors. :)

:eek: Sounds like he isn't completely against more children. Be careful Frederik. Who knows if next time there will be triplets.

Actually I read somewhere that if you have twins once your chance to have them again literally doubles! Which is funny because the women would have just had two kids.

Gosh, what could be better? Everyone healthy and happy!

That's wonderful! Just what I was hoping for.

How soon after birth is the christening date finalised? Now that the birth countdown is over, I am getting into NAME countdown mode...I was thinking end of March/early April...So they are all named and official before being jetted off to the UK for Will and Kate's wedding in late April ;)

The twins sound healthy and big (in terms of weight for twins) so 3 months of solid breastfeeding will mean they are right to go...5lbs/2.6kgs is pretty good going for twins, my firstborn singleton was 7lbs/3.2kgs....So Mary was carrying a total of 10lbs/6kgs worth of baby in there, plus the extras (placentas), that is a great effort!!! And it was a spontaneous (short) labour and natural birth TWICE...And who said Princess's can't push? ;)

(...)

And as for Shirley being a breech birth, if nothing has been reported anywhere else but Australian media, I'mma take it with a grain of salt. I did not hear CP Frederik or the doctor's mentioning anything about a breech birth and they are the only people that have spoken to the media that actually know.

I wasnt going to suggest it, but if a c section was had to not only to ensure safe delivery of the twins, perhaps also a little 'tightening' of a certain Crown Princess' tummy was done as well ;)

Only a thought on my behalf, nothing more, so don't start scolding me for suggesting the possibility of Mary having an abdomnoplasty in conjunction with the birth :p
I wouldn't be surprise about that, we will see in the future in a couple of months how does she looks I think Angelina jolie did that

Congratulations to the DRF!!!

Dr Morten Hedegaard said despite being "a few weeks early", the birth was "natural and normal" but he added the girl had arrived in breech position."

Courier Mail, Brisbane, Australia

What a mixed news day we are having! I can't believe the twins are here - I thought it would be later in the month. Just 2 days ago I was scrolling through the forums here thinking what a long month of waiting it was going to be, and here they are already!

As for the Christening, maybe Mary will wear a white or cream colored ensemble? I wonder what the chances are of borrowing another House's christening gown for one of the twins. I know that the Houses stick to their own traditions, and this is a rather personal item to be borrowing, but I can totally see CP Victoria lending the Swedish gown to M&F for their twins' big day. She is such a generous person like that.

I hope we get to see Christian and Isabella visiting very soon:flowers:

This may be premature, but does anyone know what the childcare arrangement will be? Has the CP couple hired a new nanny(ies)?

What a mixed news day we are having! I can't believe the twins are here - I thought it would be later in the month. Just 2 days ago I was scrolling through the forums here thinking what a long month of waiting it was going to be, and here they are already!

As for the Christening, maybe Mary will wear a white or cream colored ensemble? I wonder what the chances are of borrowing another House's christening gown for one of the twins. I know that the Houses stick to their own traditions, and this is a rather personal item to be borrowing, but I can totally see CP Victoria lending the Swedish gown to M&F for their twins' big day. She is such a generous person like that.

One thing I think to be quite likely, is that Mary shall wear the ivory and cream lace floral fascinator that she wore to the christenings of her first two children.

I dunno what time it is right now there but I'm assuming we can expect some more visitors today? Btw this may have been asked but did the article state whether or not Marie and Joachim will visit Mary at some point or will they most likely visit them at the palace when they return?

I dunno what time it is right now there but I'm assuming we can expect some more visitors today? Btw this may have been asked but did the article state whether or not Marie and Joachim will visit Mary at some point or will they most likely visit them at the palace when they return?

It was reported that Joachim and Marie were out of the country on a private trip and would visit at home on their return.

Edit: link to translated article http://translate.google.com/transla...ke-paa-barselsvisit&rurl=translate.google.com

Last edited:
And as for Shirley being a breech birth, if nothing has been reported anywhere else but Australian media, I'mma take it with a grain of salt. I did not hear CP Frederik or the doctor's mentioning anything about a breech birth and they are the only people that have spoken to the media that actually know.

As Dr Hedegaard was quoted, I doubt that they'd "make it up". Why would they? What would be the point?

On another Royal Message Board it was stated that Mary had an epidural during labor and delivery. Breech is not only baby's feet are first, it's also when the baby presents bottom down instead of the head. As the little Princess was small enough it should not have presented as great a problem as if she were, 7 or 8 lbs. :flowers:

Congratulations. Regarding fertility treatments, it is very common today. I'm sure it was that..regardless, the babies are healthy. Cheers.

It was reported that Joachim and Marie were out of the country on a private trip and would visit at home on their return.

Edit: link to translated article Google Traduttore
Ah thanks though the article doesn't mention when they'll visit just that they're away but then again the translations aren't always 100% on the spot. :flowers:

Congratulations. Regarding fertility treatments, it is very common today. I'm sure it was that..regardless, the babies are healthy. Cheers.
The Danish Royal Family have said that it was natural conception and natural birth. Who are you to argue that you know something that no one else knows. Why on earth would they say it if it was not true as these days the truth gets out. Why on earth would you say you know better? 38 is not "old" to have a baby, certainly not when it is not your first or are you just one of those mad conspiracy theorists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom