Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! wonderful new, a boy and a girl! congratulations to crown prince couples.

A clip from Billed Bladet: Billed-Bladet - Video: Prins Henrik og dronning Margrethe besøger tvillingerne

QMII answered some of the questions in English.

Notice the PET officers around Prince Henrik, they seem to get nervous as the press rushed forward towards PH.

So that may be the reason why there were four around when QMII visited.

A compilation of videos from BT: Se alle de royale videoer - Royale - BT.dk

- The tragic incident in USA, where a number of people were shot are also on the news today. As are the floods in Australia and the German problem with pork.
Such things are certainly not forgotten, by no means, just dealt with elsewhere.

Last edited:
I agree there are so much catastrophy around the world, we got news of the birth of twins whether to royal or not it is a time of jollification and now this tragic news of the congresswoman how sad.
Being a twin myself with a brother. I rejoice for Mary while I pray for the tragic victims.

Such wonderful news, especially when I heard about the twins after following hours of horrible news here in the U.S.

Congratulations to Frederick, Mary, and their families! I'm thrilled to hear how big the twins were at birth. I was certain that they would have arrived before Christmas but it seems that the extra time growing in the room certainly helped!

For me that was the most exciting baby watch since I got interested in royalty. Perhaps its because I am since two month mother of a boy.

I hope that the cold of Prince Christian is soon over and he could discover his new siblings intensive.

Any place I Can read the Press Interview in english???

I hope that CP Mary and Prince Frederick choose family names like Knud, Ingrid, Margrethe etc. not just names they like such as the recently-chosen Savannah although Savannah is a very pretty name. It is not royal!

I hope that CP Mary and Prince Frederick choose family names like Knud, Ingrid, Margrethe etc. not just names they like such as the recently-chosen Savannah although Savannah is a very pretty name. It is not royal!

Savannah Phillips isn't a royal.
IMO; they'll go for a royally related modern first name and continue with the traditional middle naming.

I don't think they Princess's first name will be Margareth because I think that name may be reserved for heiress's from now on. I love the name Axel and Ingrid! Can't wait for photos

Are you sure about the girl being breeched? I haven't heard or read that! And the labour was more than 4 hours...more like 5-6 hrs as the doctors were alerted at 5:00 AM. Mary was admitted at 7:00 AM and the boy was born at 10:30 am and the girl at 10:56 AM.

It has been reported here several times that the little girl was breech.

I can just imagine when Mary finally leaves the hospital with the babies, some of the press may say; "And Evis has just left the Building!!'" Just joking. But you can imagine it, Yes!

So she will probably (and this is speculation) leave the hospital in maybe 4 - 7 days time?

I was not around to follow the first two pregnancies so I am just wondering if the court announces when Mary will leave the hospital and how long it was until she was able to leave with the first two children? I know this is different since it is twins, but I am just curious.

I can't believe that this pregnancy is over already haha.

It has been reported here several times that the little girl was breech.
It was breech? I have only seen it mentioned twice in this thread. Was it Frederik or the doctors who said it was breech? I can't find anything about it in the Danish media.

I wish I knew what Frederick was saying:(

A bit ahead of myself here, but wondering what she will wear at the christening this time. With Christian she wore blue, with Isabella, pink. Any ideas ?

I thought about that too, when I saw a few christening photos of the twins older siblings. Maybe she'll wear a blue skirt with a pink blouse or vise versa? :ROFLMAO: Or more seriously, maybe she'll wear pink again and Frederik'll wear blue very obviously this time? Could be very possible since each of them will hold one twin at the christening. :ermm:

Are you sure about the girl being breeched? I haven't heard or read that! And the labour was more than 4 hours...more like 5-6 hrs as the doctors were alerted at 5:00 AM. Mary was admitted at 7:00 AM and the boy was born at 10:30 am and the girl at 10:56 AM.
Well this is the media talking here, ;) I guess all the real facts will emerge in time. But just put up what I saw on TV :flowers:

I thought about that too, when I saw a few christening photos of the twins older siblings. Maybe she'll wear a blue skirt with a pink blouse or vise versa? :ROFLMAO: Or more seriously, maybe she'll wear pink again and Frederik'll wear blue very obviously this time? Could be very possible since each of them will hold one twin at the christening. :ermm:

Another thought has come to mind - the christening gown that Christian wore has been handed down through the ages, so wonder what the wee Princess will wear !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is the media talking here, ;) I guess all the real facts will emerge in time. But just put up what I saw on TV :flowers:

Yes I am going on the TV reports as well, that the little girl was breech can't find anything in the print media yet

Royals from all around the world are now sending their congratulations to the family. As the crown prince couple was having their children, I found out that I am expecting my third child

Another thought has come to mind - the christening gown that Christian wore has been handed down through the ages, so wonder what the wee Princess will wear !!!!

In my own family we had the same problem when my twin cousins were born. All of my grandparents children and grandchildren wore the same gown, but they couldn't for obvious reasons. My aunt and uncle solved the problem when they used the wedding dress of my aunt to make two new christening gowns for their twins. So in a way their gowns were a family hand-down too. But honestly, I can't see the danish royal do that. So we will either see two completely new gowns or the same gowns where one is wearing the original and one is wearing a duplicate. The latter would be interesting, because then we can all speculate which twin wore the original and which one wore the duplicate.

As to whether they are going to have more children:
"I won't stand here and say anything about that. I have to include my better half in that".

:eek: Sounds like he isn't completely against more children. Be careful Frederik. Who knows if next time there will be triplets. :ROFLMAO:

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't they make a replica of the christening gown for Isabella or Henrik? Maybe they could use the old one for one twin and the new one for the other twin? Or was it in British Royal House?

Last edited:
Royals from all around the world are now sending their congratulations to the family. As the crown prince couple was having their children, I found out that I am expecting my third child
Congratulations ! The date will be easy to remember !:flowers:

No. Isabella wore the same christening gown as Christian. The original christening robe was used in 1870. So it is very old and an antique. Just like the Windsors and the Honiton lace christening robe, the Danish royals can chose to have a replica of the christening robe made. The Prince can use the original and the Princess can wear the replica. The original Christening Robe can become part of a permanent exhibit and the Danish royals can continue to use the replica for future christenings.

That's my thinking anyway!

Last edited:
Congrats to the DRF! I was hoping this would be the day. Long life and good health to Elvis and Shirley. This is such wonderful news after all the bad news the last couple of weeks. That was a profound quote from Sandburg posted earlier, thanks.

And to those who are convinced that nature had some "help", Mary is considered elderly in the pregnancy game so she was more likely to release multiple eggs. This is according to my daughter the RN. And I believe she once said that there were twins in her family tree at one time. Multiple births can happen naturally, at anytime, for any woman.

Congratulations Lady Felicity! :)

I am expecting a girl in March - and I am 42. It is wonderful to see an "advanced maternal age" mother like Mary deliver healthy babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom