The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post
Ah. I didn't know that. My bad. I only started following the DRF and royalty in general after the birth of Isabella.

Since it is twins, they probably have a lot more to plan and work out so it may very well be a month after the birth or so that we hear of a date. Are the godparents announced closer to the christening or when the date is announced?
The godparents are announced on the christening Day.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why does it matter if it's before the 29th?
Might make it more possible that the CPC will be guest at the wedding

Old 01-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

from official site of CP couple
Quote:
Thank you for all the congratulations

Issued Monday January 24, 2011

Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess are very touched by the warm wishes and congratulations they have received on the occasion of the birth of their twins on January 8, 2011.

Unfortunately, we are unable to respond personally to each and everyone of the overwhelming amount of greeting letters that have been received.

Their Royal Highnesses would like to express their heartfelt thanks to all those who have sent letters of warm wishes and congratulations.

Christian Schønau
Chief of the Court of
TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess
nice gesture
Old 01-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Might make it more possible that the CPC will be guest at the wedding
I'm confused, why should naming their children have an affect on them attending a wedding?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

I do think that the organisation and preparation of a christening isn't done in a few hours
Old 01-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

And?
Taking a day out to appear at a wedding in the UK is hardly going to affect the planning. With the wedding in April, when the christening is possible going to be. I would hope Mary and Frederik have had the christening planned and organised for quite sometime. Last minute tweeks in April aren't really going to affect their attendance at the UK Wedding.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think it will be just one day, usually they are travelling for a few days plus preparation
Old 01-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Courtier

Sisters act to raise awareness Tasmania News - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania
Jane is back in Tasmania after spending 10 days in Denmark. Some information on how Mary and the twins are doing in this article.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Nobility

Will there be two christenings or just one? I was just wondering if there is a president for something like that?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

I have never heard of two christenings for twins...
Old 01-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy

Any official portraits?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby86 View Post
Will there be two christenings or just one? I was just wondering if there is a president for something like that?
Well, there will be two christenings/baptisms, but only one christeningservice.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Majesty

It is, to put it mildly, a very quiet in Billed Bladet this week!

There is an article devoted to how M&F and the twins are doing right now, but as it is only speculations I've decided not to write a summary.
In fact any member of this forum who has had twins, would probably be able to write something similar.

There is an article about the presents M&F have recieved so far. More on that below.

But in order to have at least something to write about, a Billed Bladet reporter happened to bump into Joachim and our Marie, going for a walk around Amalienborg before going to Lyon.
As it isn't the first time I've seen Joachim and la Marie going for a walk, when things have been quiet, I can help wondering whether this isn't just a little, tiny bit arranged.
More on that below as well.

But before I start on the summaries: I will be on holiday next week and as such I don't expect to write any summaries next week. But perhaps someone else will take over?

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #4, 2011.
Kongelige gaver til tvillingerne - Royal presents for the twins.
Written by Hanne Rask.

From the magazine itself M&F has recieved a photo album with a selection of the photos takes at Rigshospitalet.
M&F have recieved an Odder-pram for the twins, in beige this time. The company is more than happy to supply prams to the DRF. This particular model is otherwise only available in black, but Joachim and the fair Marie had one in beige for bette Henrik, and the CP-couple requested one in the same color.
The fur company, Copenhagen Fur, have presented two driving bags or whatever they are called in English. They are made of mink, labelled Palomino Cross. That should keep the twins very warm.
A toystore in Copenhagen, Prik, which sell handemade toys, have thought about Isabella. So they have presented her with a twin-lift, complete with two dolls and a hand-knitted shawl.
The store Purebaby has supplied ecological bedlinen for the twins.

And last but not least. One of the knitted blankets Elvis and Shirley were wrapped in, when they left Rigshospitalet, was knitted by 62 year old Connie Veng, from the town of Sønderborg.
Connie explains: "It was the girl, who Frederik carried and it was quite obvious, because my blanket is just a little bit smaller than the blanket which was used for Christian and Isabella".
Connie Veng obtained the (what do you call it?) recipe for the blanket in a knitting store in Gråsten. That recipe has been known since the the birth of Christian.
It was Mary's mother who knitted the blanket Christian, Isabella and Elvis was wrapped in.
Connie Veng was finished knitting the blanket in September and duly recieved a thank you note a little later.

Well, Billed Bladet just happened to meet Joachim and Marie going for a walk near Amalienborg, Saturday afternoon (at 12.45 sharp in fact). Here they were walking with bette Henrik in his beige Odder-pram.
Joachim confirmed: "The twins are wonderful".
However the reporter, Hanne Rask, appear to have been distracted. She called the four legged zoological oddity, Apple, a dog.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Muhler, have a wonderful holiday. Hope you enjoy your time off!

I think the word would be "pattern" instead of recipe in the summary you provided about the blankets for Elvis or Shirley. At least in the US it would be:) It might be something different in Denmark?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Emmily's right. In fact, "pattern" or "Knitting/Crocheting Instruction Sheet/Book" is right. I've seen both over the years, as I've mentioned before, I do both Crocheting and Knitting.

As for the "driving bag" you mentioned, I'm guessing that would be a Baby Bunting as it's known here in North America. I've made a few over the years in Crochet both for the Charity Crafting I do and for cousins who are expecting. It *never* fails as a great gift for an expectant Mom at a Shower.

At least, not up here in Canada in my experience. :o)

Have a lovely and fun filled holiday Muhler!!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:51 AM
Majesty

Thanks Tiggers8 & Emmily

Pattern it is then.

In DK it's a recipe. For whatever reason.

And Baby Bunting. Got it.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Have a great holiday Muhler, as we rely on you so much for translations and information we will miss you. Hope you and your family have a safe return and look forward to hearing from you again.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Courtier

I think I finally have figured out the issue...because the latest Crown Prince children are twins, everything will take TWICE as long...The pregnancy seem to drag on forever, Mary was in hospital a lot longer with the babies after the birth...

Remember with Christian, out of hospital after 1 day and official portraits taken on same day, we can tell by the black dress, earrings and hair accessories Mary wore that this is the case...Isabella's portraits were taken a few days after they brought home, but not the same day because having a newborn and 18 month old is a bit hectic...Now with a 5 year old and an (almost) 4 year old and two 3 week old twins, I think official portraits are the furtherest thing from their minds...So I guess all we can do is be patient...BUT IT IS SO HARD!!!

I have feeling the christening could be towards the end of March (or maybe early April) because April is a busy month for the family - Isabella's birthday, QM birthday - added to that a possible royal wedding to go to in Britain...?
Old 01-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

They have 2 small children and newborn twins, I would think their hands are pretty full right now. That might be the reason for no photos yet. I'm sure with the hectic schedule, everything takes a lot longer. We'll see something soon.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Might get a set of pictures for Mary's birthday & the twins in one go. Would be easier IMO for that then having 2 photo-sessions which can be quite tiring for Mary & boring for C & I.