The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Benedkite...thanks for the translation!!. Being a twin myself (7 minutes older than my twin brother!!) I'm really interested to know how they differ!!!

At least no one will say to Lille Pige "you have a twin brother?, are you identical twins?" LOL
Did that often happen to you? I can imagine that there are enough ignorant people out there who don't know that identical twins are always of the same sex.

It will be interesting to see them growing up. I can hardly wait to see Lille Pige in her first tiara. I know, that's a long wait!

Old 01-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C.
Did that often happen to you? I can imagine that there are enough ignorant people out there who don't know that identical twins are always of the same sex.

It will be interesting to see them growing up. I can hardly wait to see Lille Pige in her first tiara. I know, that's a long wait!
Yes, that has happened quite a few times actually!!. LOL. I just remind them that I said twin BROTHER, and then they realize their mistake. Kinda funny, but at the same time, i'm thinking "seriously??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C.

I can't wait to see her in her first tiara either!. Such a joy to see them as they left the hospital!. They're beautiful!!. They looked so peaceful and content in their parent arms. Frederik and Mary were radiating happiness!!! Nothing more lovely.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Nobility

To whomever asked about the eye color of the twins, this might help:

Eye color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blue eyes seem to run in the majority of Frederik's family, and Mary has brown eyes with a hint of green, I think. Christian and Isabella both have blue eyes. So the twins could end up with any of those eye colors, and even more so, they're fraternal twins, so one could end up with blue eyes while the other has hazel. I can't wait to see pictures of the new little ones!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:13 AM

Congratulations to the Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark!!! The Danish Royal Family are my favorites.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post

The little princes was born 8. january 10.56 - 26 min. after her twin brother. She weighed 2554 gram and meisured 46 cm. She is like her brother capricorn and has also a pisces- ascendant, yet with the difference, that the little princess has the 2 planets Jupiter and Uranus in the ascendant.
I have dabbled with astrology for some years and learned that it is extremely difficult to interpret the horoscope of twins. Because each child has an unique horoscope and only one of them is born at the right time. The other had to follow the one who started the birth, so does not have the chance to be born at his or her own moment. But the one who started the birthing process is not necessarily the one who is born first....

It's similar with a Cesarean birth but there the opinion seems to be that the date the Cesarean takes place is very close to the "right" time, so the astrologer has to look backwards through the clients life to determine the "right" moment of birth and then can move forward. Quite tacky thing, that...
Old 01-23-2011, 05:12 AM
Royal Highness

KATARYN: You are very right about the difficulty in interpreting the horoscope of twins. I also have studied a little bit of astrology and many believe that actually the last twin to be born is actually the oldest. Also, Cesarean births experience the same difficulty, because it is not the natural time of birth, but one which is programmed.Astrology fascinates me and I have been a tarot reader for many years.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M View Post
Ok sorry to not keeping you updated, my life is busy with 2 kids and 1 on the way. No I didn't go with Sven (my husband), I am busy with my work and looking after our 2 kids. He rang Frederick to say that he was on his way to see the twins, Frederick met my husband at the hospital, as my husband is not famous he had no problem getting past the photographers. He was let up to the rooms where he met Fred and saw Mary, Mary is doing really well.

The twins are very small but adorable, they look like Isabella but also Sven said he could see Fred in the boy. The babes are doing really well. Frederick is really quite tired and cannot wait to be home as a family. Sven spent about 2 hours with them. we told them that we found out that we are expecting our 3rd on the day that the twins were born.

Fred did say that they still haven't totally made up thier minds on names but have a few they like. My husbnad and I will most likely visit them when we get the chance to and when they are happy for us to visit them
I'm confused or maybe I not reading your posts correctly but I thought you said you already had 3 children when you were introducing yourself on the forum. The "Hi from Queensland" thread. It's just that I too am from Brisbane and remembered the details about you. Maybe it's a typo but you were talking about how you and your 3 kids met the Danish Royal Family.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M;1168180 (11-29-2010, 03:32 PM )
I will be extending on how I met the Royals when I can, my work and home life is a little crazy, espsically with 3 kids under 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M;1170918 (12-05-2010, 06:21 PM )
Meeting Queen Margathe of Denmark...

My husband is from Europe, his family come from Denmark, Holland and many other countries. My father in law and his father worked for the Royal family of denmark for many years, my father in law as general waiting staff and his father in the gardens of Amalienborg Palace and Chateau de Caix, Cahors, France. Every year the Queen and Prince Consort hold a very private christmas party for the staff at Amalienborg palace.

The staff are aloud to invite family to the party. My husbands grandfather invited us to attend the christmas party in 2008, we decided to go and take our children as we were aloud to, our oldest child is the same age as prince Christian, our middle is the same age as Isabella and our youngest was born March last year just before I meet Queen Silvia of Sweden.

I can speak a little Danish but I am fluent in French and Dutch. We attened the party and were introduced to the Queen, the Prince Consort and crown prince family. The Queen and Prince Consort are very friendly and chatty where as Crown Princess Mary was an utter snob, she more or less had the feeling of she had to be there. Prince Henrik was intrested in where I came from, I was able to speak to him in French, he has a very good sense of humor and could make anyone laugh, the Queen is very easy to talk to. The queen knows my husband very well and spoke of how she had seen him grow up around the palace and helping his grandfather with the gardens at the Chatue in france.

I was pregant at the time and had children to look after but they ran around the palace with the other children including Prince Christian, Prince Henrik is a very loving grandfather but warm to other children. It was an intersting night to say the least
I am confused as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M;1191259 (01-14-2011, 01:19 AM )
Ok sorry to not keeping you updated, my life is busy with 2 kids and 1 on the way. No I didn't go with Sven (my husband), I am busy with my work and looking after our 2 kids. He rang Frederick to say that he was on his way to see the twins, Frederick met my husband at the hospital, as my husband is not famous he had no problem getting past the photographers. He was let up to the rooms where he met Fred and saw Mary, Mary is doing really well.

The twins are very small but adorable, they look like Isabella but also Sven said he could see Fred in the boy. The babes are doing really well. Frederick is really quite tired and cannot wait to be home as a family. Sven spent about 2 hours with them. we told them that we found out that we are expecting our 3rd on the day that the twins were born.

Fred did say that they still haven't totally made up thier minds on names but have a few they like. My husbnad and I will most likely visit them when we get the chance to and when they are happy for us to visit them
Old 01-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

Well....that's not very...consistent. Now is it?
Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Courtier

Lady Felicity M Now my head is spinning, your children are certainly keeping you busy, how many do you have, is this your fourth or fifth that you discovered you were pregnant on the day the twins were born. You don't happen to know Posh and Beck do you?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:33 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Okay, can we move on please? This discussion has nothing to do with the thread - if you have any issues, resolve them via PM (remembering TRF rules also apply to PMs).
Old 01-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Courtier

I hope there will be some photos of the twins and their siblings soon. Is there anything planned? And when is the christening of the twins going to be? Are there any rumors in Denmark about a possible date?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Nobility

They are so tiny! I think the boy looks just like Christian did and the girl looks just like Isabella did. Congrats to the mama and papa!
How long after the birth do the they usually give the date of the christening?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Isabella was born on the 21st and her christening date was announced on the 27th.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Aristocracy

So judging from previous experiences, the date should have been released by now. Maybe they will release the information at the same time they release the official pictures. Which I think they may do on CP Mary's birthday.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post
So judging from previous experiences, the date should have been released by now. Maybe they will release the information at the same time they release the official pictures. Which I think they may do on CP Mary's birthday.
But with Christian the date of the christening was announced one month after the birth and not so soon then with Isabella.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Courtier

thank you for yours answers. i hope the baptism will be before the wedding in the uk.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But with Christian the date of the christening was announced one month after the birth and not so soon then with Isabella.
Ah. I didn't know that. My bad. I only started following the DRF and royalty in general after the birth of Isabella.

Since it is twins, they probably have a lot more to plan and work out so it may very well be a month after the birth or so that we hear of a date. Are the godparents announced closer to the christening or when the date is announced?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
thank you for yours answers. i hope the baptism will be before the wedding in the uk.
Why does it matter if it's before the 29th?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Christian born 15 October 2005 baptism 21 January 2006 - almost 3 months
Isabella born 21 April 2007 baptism 1 July 2007 - almost 3 months
Twins born 8 January 2011 baptism April 2011???

Closed Thread