Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Passports, huh? A hint that they (the twins) will be travelling soon, to the UK perhaps at the end of April...here's hoping ;)

Hm, but they would have enough time to have two passports with the real names issued after the christening ;)

But Christian and Isabella were issued with them shortly after birth, and they never went anywhere? ;)

Christian only went to Australia after he was christened, and Isabella went to NY after she was christened, IIRC?

I remember those trips, but would a passport really have been necessary?

Might be silly for saying this but, they're royalty? Does that not make a difference?
My main point was, having a passport doesn't hint at a foreign trip. It's a standard Danish practice. Christian was a fair few months old when he flew to Australia?

Might be silly for saying this but, they're royalty? Does that not make a difference?
My main point was, having a passport doesn't hint at a foreign trip. It's a standard Danish practice. Christian was a fair few months old when he flew to Australia?

Yeah, you wouldn't think so, would you?
The passports are there just in case and as a formality.

Say the family is on holiday incognito in a foreign country and something horrible happens, like the PET officers being lost behind somewhere and M&F getting involved in a carcrash. - Without a passport M&F may end up being considering illegal aliens trying to convince the local police officer that they really are royals and that Denmark really is a country and sorry there is no coverage on the phone and no, we're not mental.... and yes, they really are our children.

Last edited:
Even royalty need passports, that's why Mary and Fred have diplomatic passports :)

Perhaps the passport thing is that if the children have passports should Princess Mary need to go to Australia urgently, say for a family illness or bereavement there would be no delay trying to sort passports?

I know for my sister it was vital to him that her daughter had a passport asap because she lived abroad and you just never know when you may have to make that dash home.

Probably a tradition or just the way it's done, but just a musing.

It's the child's social security number, the birth certificate and the concent of the parents that are the decisive factors in regarding to issuing passports to children.

The child's name need not be entered in the passport.

Here is a link from the police, regarding general rules for passports to children, in Danish: www.politi.dk - Pas til børn

Some countries do not recognise passport to children without a name. However both Elvis and Shirley, not to mention their parents will have diplomatic passports, so it's hardly going to be an issue.

- Incidentally and in theory of course, should Mary and Frederik suddenly have a fit and refuse to officially name or baptise their children, within a certain period (can't remember how long), the state will name the children for them. - Beforehand such children were often named after members of the DRF.
That happened and still happens to a surprising number of children.

Well they could be modern, or lazy, and tell the government they can choose the new name of the prince and princess, as long as they follow that tradition. Instead of picking a name out of the hat. Kind of funny.

- Incidentally and in theory of course, should Mary and Frederik suddenly have a fit and refuse to officially name or baptise their children, within a certain period (can't remember how long), the state will name the children for them. - Beforehand such children were often named after members of the DRF.
That happened and still happens to a surprising number of children.

It would be amusing if the state had names ready just in case- and then they turned out to be identical to the names Frederik and Mary selected! :lol:

I know- that would never happen!

It would be amusing if the state had names ready just in case- and then they turned out to be identical to the names Frederik and Mary selected! :lol:

I know- that would never happen!

It would be even more amusing if the names turned out to be "Elvis" and "Shirley.";)

Tidbits from a couple of articles in Billed Bladet #07, 2011.

Anna Johannesen has written a couple of articles which are basically speculations about how the baptism in April may be arranged.
Unsurprisingly there are only a few things of genuine substance in the articles.

One of them is the gowns the twins will wear.
John Donaldson was called and to the question about what happened to the gown Mary wore, he replies: "That I cannot answer. My wife used to take care of that sort of things".

Will Mary's sisters attend the christening?
JD: "I simply don't know", he adds that it's doubtful Mary's brother will come, due to his work.

It will be the DRF-priest Erik Normann Svendsen who will perform the baptism. - He's a likable man and he also baptized Christian and Bella.
He will not be told about the names until shortly before the baptism.

Elvis and Shirley will be Prince/ss to Denmark and Elvis will be Count of Montpezat and Shirley will be comtess of Montpezat, not countess.
(Well, in fact they already have these titles).

On another note: The earings Mary wore when she left Rigshospitalet with the twins are by Marianne Dulong. They are 18 carats gold with rose-quartz and they cost from 5.200 DKK. (Or about 1.000 $) - They are cheaper in silver.

Elvis and Shirley will be Prince/ss to Denmark and Elvis will be Count of Montpezat and Shirley will be comtess of Montpezat, not countess.
(Well, in fact they already have these titles).

I'm confused about the Countess title and the to denmark bit? :ermm:

T
It will be the DRF-priest Erik Normann Svendsen who will perform the baptism. - He's a likable man and he also baptized Christian and Bella.
He will not be told about the names until shortly before the baptism.
That´s nice, he´s such an adorable man :wub::wub::wub: I can´t wait to see the little yellow post-it(s) in his "Ritualbog" (The book in which all the rituals stands. All priests have one of those)

I'm confused about the Countess title and the to denmark bit? :ermm:
The princes and princess born in the throneline are Princes/Princesses to Denmark. They are born to be princes/princesses.
The ones marrying into the family are Prince/Princess of Denmark. That´s a title bestowed onto them, therefor the of :flowers:

I think that Muhler can give us more information on this topic :flowers:

Elvis will be Count of Montpezat and Shirley will be comtess of Montpezat, not countess.
What is the difference between these two? And why is she Comtess and Countess?

Last edited by a moderator:
The princes and princess born in the throneline are Princes/Princesses to Denmark. They are born to be princes/princesses.
The ones marrying into the family are Prince/Princess of Denmark. That´s a title bestowed onto them, therefor the of :flowers:

You did fine, FasterB :flowers:

I can only add that a comtess, is the unmarried daughter of a count. - Frederik is Count of Montpezat, therefore Isabella and Shirley are Comtesses of Montpezat.
Sons, i.e. Christian and Elvis, are full Counts of Montpezat. - One of the things about life that can be unfair, but then a man marrying a monarch, will only get the title of prince, so that pretty much even things, eh? ;)

ADDED: Isabella and Shirley, will only get the title countess, if they marry a count. But as the title of Princess, and Princess to Denmark no less outranks countess, I think they can live with that.

I can only add that a comtess, is the unmarried daughter of a count. - Frederik is Count of Montpezat, therefore Isabella and Shirley are Comtesses of Montpezat.
Sons, i.e. Christian and Elvis, are full Counts of Montpezat. - One of the things about life that can be unfair, but then a man marrying a monarch, will only get the title of prince, so that pretty much even things, eh? ;)

ADDED: Isabella and Shirley, will only get the title countess, if they marry a count. But as the title of Princess, and Princess to Denmark no less outranks countess, I think they can live with that.
Personally I would rather like to be a Princess than a Countess :whistling::ROFLMAO::whistling:

Thank you ever so much for the information, it's all a little confusing when I stray outside the BRF. :flowers:

Thanks for the clarification on Comtess!. I always thought it was French for Countess! LOL

I thought 'Shirley' was doing better and had been released by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom