Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Seems like Isabella didn't want to leave Mummy and the twins

I think you can see the nanny in these photos, too

Billed-Bladet - Isabella trillede en tåre - Christian og Isabella savner mor
My sweet Isabella! She's so cute! Obviously she misses her mom.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Poor little Isabella, we see real tears there !
Old 01-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Aristocracy

the pic with frederik and isabella is super sweet!
i reckon she does miss her mum, so i hope mary goes back home as soon as it's safe for her and the twins.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
No, neither have I. I just saw the link to the Australian video clip where the journalist said the second baby was breech. This morning's Berlingske Tidende runs several pages about the twin birth, nothing mentioned about breech as far as I can see. A bit strange; wonder who first said that the little girl was breech.

Addition: Just saw Tinkerbell's link to a quote by the doctor. Thanks. Still strange that it isn't mentioned in Danish media and online sites.
The printed version of HER&NU tells us that the little princess is indeed breech.
The magazine quotes Birgitte Hillerup, head midwife at Rigshospitalet.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
The printed version of HER&NU tells us that the little princess is indeed breech.
The magazine quotes Birgitte Hillerup, head midwife at Rigshospitalet.
I hope the little princess is okay but since they did state that the mother and the children were all well, I'm assuming she is healthy and hasn't sustained any injuries during delivery.

It must be hardest for Isabella to adjust to all these changes. Christian is older and has already seen new additions to the family but Isabella probably cannot understand why mommy isn't coming home yet and has these two babies there. I wouldn't be surprised if she was a bit jealous of them. She has been the youngest and mom's little girl and now she has these two younger ones to compete about mommy's attention. In a sense she is now the middle child.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I am a twin myself. My sister came first ok and then I was breech. The midwife simply turned me the good way....no big deal....
Old 01-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
I hope the little princess is okay but since they did state that the mother and the children were all well, I'm assuming she is healthy and hasn't sustained any injuries during delivery.
Birgitte Hillerup is quoted to have said: "although breeches can be difficult, then it was easy with Mary´s little princess, because her brother so to say had paved the road"
Old 01-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Mary is having a longer hospital stay this time because the baby's are of smaller birth weight than average (and may have to be monitored) and also breastfeeding twins is a challenge and Mary has to get to grips with that...football hold of both babies, feeding simultaneously...She has all the help she needs in hospital, so why would she leave before she has too? Not for the waiting public, that's for sure
As anxious as I am to see the twins I have to agree with you.

Is your husband going tomorrow to see Mary and the twins? It would be nice to know that they are well from people that have really seen them instead of speculation from the papers.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Birgitte Hillerup is quoted to have said: "although breeches can be difficult, then it was easy with Mary´s little princess, because her brother so to say had paved the road"
I could've lived without that bit of information...
Old 01-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Courtier

I think Mary and the twins will leave hospital tomorrow morning.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I think Mary will be released tomorrow or Friday the latest. I find it quite normal to spend a few extra days in hospital with twins. Breech position could also happen to single babies (not twins).
Isabella seems to enjoy her time with the twins & Mary, she must be missing them.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
I could've lived without that bit of information...
Naaaaah, could you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I think Mary will be released tomorrow or Friday the latest. I find it quite normal to spend a few extra days in hospital with twins. Breech position could also happen to single babies (not twins).
Isabella seems to enjoy her time with the twins & Mary, she must be missing them.
With my luck then she will be going home tomorrow, which is my only day at work this week...

So here´s to hoping that they will wait till friday
Old 01-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

Which Danish internet newspapers/websites are good if I want to follow what's going on in the hospital and is the mother getting home with the babies? I don't yet know so well Danish media.
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 01-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
With my luck then she will be going home tomorrow, which is my only day at work this week...

So here´s to hoping that they will wait till friday
I'm hoping too. But I was also hoping she wouldn't be going today. Because for me it's today and tomorrow that I have to work.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
I'm hoping too. But I was also hoping she wouldn't be going today. Because for me it's today and tomorrow that I have to work.
Let´s all hope for them leaving friday
Old 01-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJenni View Post
Which Danish internet newspapers/websites are good if I want to follow what's going on in the hospital and is the mother getting home with the babies? I don't yet know so well Danish media.
Usually Billed-Bladet - Forside is quiet reliable
Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Aristocracy

Here's to hoping for friday AFTER 14.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Serene Highness

Am I the only one who can´t get to read the press announcements on www.kronprinsparret.dk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMaria View Post
Here's to hoping for friday AFTER 14.
Ok, I can work with that too So friday AFTER 14

Quote:
Am I the only one who can´t get to read the press announcements on www.kronprinsparret.dk
And now everything is fine... Here I was hoping that they were about to go home in the evening and that they were releasing a press announcement...

I have just noticed that the only time there was a press release about leavnig Rigshospitalet was when the CPC leaved with Prince Christian.

There wasn´t a press release when they leaved with Princess Isabella...

So now I´m wondering if there will be a press release this time around?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary herself is from a big family, isnt 3 sis and one brother? and hersister how many kids they have? so I presume she has experience for this! It is amazing how her sister is so look like Mary just not with the smae care for her skin and hair, but so alike! I wonder how the twins are , both blue eyes and darker hair, ???? can't wait to see......