The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Any pictures of the twins sayeth Russo who is not into red pants.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I have been busy dealing with floods at home the last couple of days and I come back to the forum to check on the progress of the crown prince couple and people are talking about money and tax payers. GET A LIFE . Yeez all this talk about bloody money has been flogged to death on other forum threads. Give it a rest will ya!! For goodness sake we should be rejoicing in the birth of two brand new babies. I chuckle over the redpants movement. Maybe you ladies can start something. Go for it. Am looking forward to when Mary is allowed to leave the hospital with her precious bundles.

well put! Hope you don't need red waders! Thinking of you in Queensland and hope all is well

Old 01-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Love that they have the same car (VW van) as me (but theirs is newer ) It is a four kid kind of vehicle...love it!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnquirer View Post
I'm just now reading that Prince Henrik called the twins ugly. I cannot believe he would say that to the media. If that's how he feels, fine, but don't say something so insensitive to the media. That's all I'm going to say about that.
I'm sure he was joking

There were another set of twins born to Laurent and Claire of Belgium several years ago, and when asked by the press what the twins looked like the twin's father said that they were ugly or words to that effect. He was joking too, of course does anyone else remember this?

I don't know how to do a link, but if you go to the Belgium Family page and then Laurent and Claire's page there is a thread on their twins. The post is number 320.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Courtier

I think Prince Henrik just likes to stir the pot, be controversial...If he was nice and diplomatic people wouldn't talk about him, like we are now He's smart and I guess this is as good a hobby as any, for a man in his position...
Old 01-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's just Prince Henrik' sense of humour, but if you ask me, most newborns are pretty ugly and alien looking.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

He is obviously joking !!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Commoner

Hi everyone,

Is there any news on when Mary and the twins will be leaving hospital and going home?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I have been busy dealing with floods at home the last couple of days and I come back to the forum to check on the progress of the crown prince couple and people are talking about money and tax payers. GET A LIFE . Yeez all this talk about bloody money has been flogged to death on other forum threads. Give it a rest will ya!! For goodness sake we should be rejoicing in the birth of two brand new babies. I chuckle over the redpants movement. Maybe you ladies can start something. Go for it. Am looking forward to when Mary is allowed to leave the hospital with her precious bundles.
Good luck with those floods Tarlita, being in Perth I can't begin to imagine what you are all going through. My mother is on the Gold Coast and my brother is in the Hinterland so I am pretty sure they will be ok. I hope that you stay safe.
(...)
Can't wait to see the babies when they go home. Let's hope we don't have to wait for too long.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
I'm sure he was joking

There were another set of twins born to Laurent and Claire of Belgium several years ago, and when asked by the press what the twins looked like the twin's father said that they were ugly or words to that effect. He was joking too, of course does anyone else remember this?

I don't know how to do a link, but if you go to the Belgium Family page and then Laurent and Claire's page there is a thread on their twins. The post is number 320.
I hope he was joking. That's a pretty awful thing to say about your new grandbabies! If my mom or in laws said my baby was ugly, I'd probably cry. LOL!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Well, Joachim said, when being interviewed for the book about Frederik, that Fred and him had a period where their relationship was strained, and that they are not as close as they have been before but are working on it
I thought them living fairly different lives at that time was the main reason they weren't as close but nothing serious like the paper is trying to portray?

(...)
Old 01-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I hope he was joking. That's a pretty awful thing to say about your new grandbabies! If my mom or in laws said my baby was ugly, I'd probably cry. LOL!
I wouldn't cry but I might have to bite my tongue not say, 'They must take after you then!'...Take that Prince Henrik
Old 01-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1 View Post
Good luck with those floods Tarlita, being in Perth I can't begin to imagine what you are all going through. My mother is on the Gold Coast and my brother is in the Hinterland so I am pretty sure they will be ok. I hope that you stay safe.
(...)
Can't wait to see the babies when they go home. Let's hope we don't have to wait for too long.
Yeah, I completely concur Crisscross. Tarlita, all my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your loved ones. Like Crisscross, I've got relatives and friends up in the flood affected areas too who are thankfully safe and (cross fingers) hopefully through the worst . It just seems to be our rotten luck with weather again in Oz, where we have such an extended period of terrible debilitating drought, only to then cop such a drenching of rain that our catchments and river systems are unable to cope! The extremes in our weather in this country can be phenomenally unfair and tragic! Regardless, I hope that you and all of your family and friends stay safe.

(...)

I too hope that it won't be too much longer until we see these little ones and their mummy go home . I really want to see some photos of them.

BTW, are Christian and Isabella at kindergarten during all this, or are they still on holidays? And my, hasn't Christian grown into a real little man now! He looks so sweet and cute and tall in those recent photos of him at the hospital.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Can further discussion regarding the Queensland floods please take place in the relevant thread, http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ods-29818.html. Likewise with the discussion about Danish taxes, there is a specific thread regarding the DRF's income/fortune in the main forum.

Please keep threads on topic, or posts will be moved or deleted by moderators.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I remember my grandmother telling me as a child that one of my (older) cousins was so ugly as a newborn that she couldn't look at him, had to leave the room whenever he was around! Like Prince Henrik, she wasn't exactly known for her tact...
Old 01-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I must say I can not wait to see the photos of Mary and the babies, Regarding the comments of Prins Henrik, I think the babies if the born with c-section are prettier becasue they are like out of a box but when the born natural it is more difficult birth and it is more stress for them, I listen this expression before that newborns are ugly but in Henirk case I think he wanted to use his french humor and he wanted to bother the journalist too! give them something to talk, .......
I am sure we will see Maray gorgeous, , she will have at her feet make up artist , stylist for her hair , and beautiful clothes , she is always very stylist , and of course with her 2 new gems! talking about gems I wonder whar Fred bought for her?..................
Old 01-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I must say I can not wait to see the photos of Mary and the babies, Regarding the comments of Prins Henrik, I think the babies if the born with c-section are prettier becasue they are like our of a box but when the born natural it is more difficult birth and it is more stress for them, I listen this expression before that newborns are ugly but in Henirk case I think he wanted to use his french humor and he wanted to bother the journalist too! give them something to talk, .......
I think so too
Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Gentry

(...)
On another note, I'm dying to get a glimpse of the babies and how Mary is looking after the birth. A weekend release from hospital would be nice.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Serene Highness

I too am hoping for them to leave Rigshospitalet today (Wednesday) as I have the day off... Well, I also had monday and tuesday off, but I can´t take a day off thursday, so pleeeeeaaaasssseeee CPC take your twins home today

(...)

Wow, I´ve just saw the first news (06:20 am) on the telly and already now TV2 is sending live from Rigshospitalet... Boy, I´m glad I´m not that reporter...
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Wow, I´ve just saw the first news (06:20 am) on the telly and already now TV2 is sending live from Rigshospitalet... Boy, I´m glad I´m not that reporter...
Already? Why is there buzz about them being released anytime today?