The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Perhaps, I'll let you know when I turn 50. - And all women lack self-irony.
Muhler

You are on your own now. I can't rescue you

Old 01-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
Muhler

You are on your own now. I can't rescue you
I don´t think Muhler is in the need to be rescued

Old 01-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
I find it annoying that the royals want to be so normal so that people continue paying for their lifestyle. ..
Conditions are a bit different in Denmark.

I'm happy to pay 60 pct. income tax. I've free acces to doctor and hospital, school and university.

If I become unimployed and haven't made sure to be a member of "A kasse" - I can get money from the state.

When I'm getting really old and if I didn't manage somehow to safe up money for retirement the state will also take care of me.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Commoner

Danish royal twins

Congrats to the danish royals for having an additional members to your family!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Conditions are a bit different in Denmark.

I'm happy to pay 60 pct. income tax. I've free acces to doctor and hospital, school and university.

If I become unimployed and haven't made sure to be a member of "A kasse" - I can get money from the state.

When I'm getting really old and if I didn't manage somehow to safe up money for retirement the state will also take care of me.
And that is only possble if the Danes produce many, many children so they can pay later for the tax payers of today. This is why Fred and Mary give us all such a good example.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
And that is only possble if the Danes produce many, many children so they can pay later for the tax payers of today. This is why Fred and Mary give us all such a good example.
That is true.

Actually statistic has shown that when you are paying hospitals and scools and universities as a tax, you actually don't pay overprise.

That is if you are an average person going to school, have kids in school and have your amount of average diseases
Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I love Alexandra, but does she really think that Mary is going to take care of the babies, the other two, cook, clean and help them with homework. I find it annoying that the royals want to be so normal so that people continue paying for their lifestyle. They can have four, five, six children while the rest of us have to sacrifice. Sorry, but I find this comment offensive. I just had to let it out....
It's up to the Danes (and every other country that has royalty) to decide, isn't it? What is normal for Mary (and Maxima, Letizia, Mathilde, Mette-Marit, etc) isn't normal for most of us. Alexandra had the same help that Mary has now at one time. It goes without saying that all of these ladies have help that the average woman doesn't, but I do believe that Mary will take care of her babies.

If the Danish people are happy with the DRF why should it offend anyone living in another country?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
That is true.

Actually statistic has shown that when you are paying hospitals and scools and universities as a tax, you actually don't pay overprise.

That is if you are an average person going to school, have kids in school and have your amount of average diseases

OT, I know, but I say hats off to Denmark for making it work. I always think that people don't mind paying for things (whether thru taxes or individually) if they get value for their money and it is not wasted.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Well, Prince Henrik certainly doesn't spare his words... I wonder if this is a joke or what on earth does this article mean?

'Tvillingerne er meget grimme' - Royale - BT.dk

Google Translate
Henrik and his French sense of humour! He has a dry wit and at his age they tend to not give a hoot!
(..)
Old 01-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just sayin.....Are Mary and Fredrick entitled to more money since they have changed homes (palaces at that)which would be quite expensive to keep going and have added 2 more children? I would think their expenses have gone up. Do they petition (wrong word I know) the country for more money? Please note: I am not judging them if they do I'm just wondering!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Just sayin.....Are Mary and Fredrick entitled to more money since they have changed homes (palaces at that)which would be quite expensive to keep going and have added 2 more children? I would think their expenses have gone up. Do they petition (wrong word I know) the country for more money? Please note: I am not judging them if they do I'm just wondering!
Nope...they are not going to get more money. As a matter of fact, I think the money that the DRF get from the state this year will be frozen at the same amount as last year.
And by the way, it had been known for 6 years that Frederik VIII would be the future home of the Crown Prince Couple. CP Frederik's appanage from the state was significantly increased at the time of his wedding in 2004 to accommodate the change in residence. So it has been planned for a long time.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Terri Terri is absolutely right. M&F will not get a higher apanage just because they have twins.

If the DRF need more funds they will "let it be known" to the government, who on their behalf will put forward a request to the Parliament for an increase in the apanage or alternatively to allocate a sum to cover a specific expense.

(...)
Old 01-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Oh, I didn't realise that they were taxing the USA to sustain the lavish lifestyle that an addition of two children to to Crown Princely family of Denmark will require.
You are right. In the US, you have to work hard for your money. The president is elected by the people and taxes are paid to be able to have schools, roads, etc. I don't think it is polite to make a comment in a sarcastic way. I am, by no means, implying something other than I thought it was unusual to say "back to their normal life" and the fact that they will have their hands full. This is an open forum, right? Addint two children to any family would be very expensive, but God bless the princes for being able to maintain that life style. I am not envious or jealous or anything like that, I was just offering a point of view. Take it or leave it, it is just that my point of view.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You are right. In the US, you have to work hard for your money. The president is elected by the people and taxes are paid to be able to have schools, roads, etc. I don't think it is polite to make a comment in a sarcastic way. I am, by no means, implying something other than I thought it was unusual to say "back to their normal life" and the fact that they will have their hands full. This is an open forum, right? Addint two children to any family would be very expensive, but God bless the princes for being able to maintain that life style. I am not envious or jealous or anything like that, I was just offering a point of view. Take it or leave it, it is just that my point of view.
Point taken! But you are talking about 2 different countries with 2 entirely different representative forms of government, tax systems and above all cultures.
When Alexandra was talking about the Crown Prince Couple "getting back to their normal life", she meant the normal life of the couple. By the way, even Alexandra herself has a "normal" life that cannot be compared to that of regular folk! She is a remarried ex-wife of a prince and receives an appanage from the Danish government to carry on with her patronages and support her 2 princes, the Queen's eldest grandchildren. How "normal" is her life compared to yours or mine?
I don't think that any of us are that naive to think that our "normal" is the same "normal" for the Crown Prince Couple, or any of their contemporaries in other monarchies for that matter. When Prince William and his soon-to-be wife Catherine have children, do we believe that they won't have staff to help them too?
Do Felipe & Letizia; Haakon & Mette-Merit; Victoria & Daniel; Willem-Alexander & Maxima and all these other young royals not have the same staff, or even more, than the CP Couple of Denmark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
This is what the note said:
Nu kommer Marys søster.

Moster kommer hele vejen fra Australien for at se de nyfødte tvillinger.

En særdeles rørt John Donaldson kunne fortælle pressen i går på Rigshospitalet at Mary snart får selskab af sin ene søster. Han er far til de tre piger Jane, Patricia og Mary som er den yngste.
I dag (Sunday) skulle Patricia Bailey gøre Donaldson selskab om den glædelige begivenhed, der bliver fulgt tæt af dansk og udenlandsk presse. Hun er storesøster for Mary og får som regel besøg, når Mary besøger Australien.
Den anden storesøster, Jane Stephens kunne meddele sin glæde over telefonen fra Tasmanien.
"Jeg er begejstret og spændt på Frederik, Christian og Isabella", fortæller Stephens.
"Jeg er lettet over at alle har det godt oven på fødslen".

Daily Telegraph however writes that Jane Stephens visited Mary and that she passed the press without comments:
Princess Mary is expected to take her royal twins home from hospital within the next two days | The Daily Telegraph
So I guess the BT journalist got it wrong.

Starlounge confirms that it was Jane Stephens who visited Mary on Monday. So did Christian: Christian hos tvillingerne igen | Starlounge

Billed Bladet's Ulrik Ulriksen tells us that Jane was visiting Mary - for a long time. And Susan Moody was there as well. This taking place Monday.
Yes. Its Jane Stephens that is in Copenhagen visiting Mary. First photo at
Belga!
Picture details
Old 01-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

It seems like Joachim and Marie won't visit Mary and the twins at Riget

Joachims hilsen til Frederik og Mary | Starlounge

http://gramtrans.com/gt/url/?url=htt...=translate_url
Old 01-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Two articles about Jane's visit to Mary and the twins:

Marys søster på hemmeligt besøg på Riget - Royale - BT.dk

Google Traduttore

http://www.berlingske.dk/danmark/mar...r-tvillingerne

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...05lW1UPpDgKf1w
Old 01-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Yes. Its Jane Stephens that is in Copenhagen visiting Mary. First photo at
Belga!
Picture details

Hm, compared with the photo at Berlingske, I am not sure that this is really Jane on the Belga-Pic

Old 01-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
I don't know why they try and initiate a rift between the two brothers that seem to me like it was never there. They might have their brotherly spats like every other family but they both come across as two guys who seem very much connected and in tune with each other's lives right now. They seem to have a close bond.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Well, Joachim said, when being interviewed for the book about Frederik, that Fred and him had a period where their relationship was strained, and that they are not as close as they have been before but are working on it
Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Well you were complaining about paying tax to the danish royalty