Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us in North America, here is a translation:

The prince weighs 5 pounds 13 oz and measures 18.5 inches

The princess weighs 5 pounds 10 oz and measures 18.1 inches

Very healthy sizes for twins!

Thank you so much Shelo. A very nice weight for both of them. :flowers:

This is fantastic news for the Royal Family! I wish them ALL the best!

THIS IS AMAZING! Congratulations! :flowers:

If it was announced that starvation has been eradicated forever and food shortages would be a thing of the past, they would still find something to complain about...

You are SO RIGHT about that! too funny

This is very exciting. I'm sure Christian & Isabella will be happy to hear this news. I can't wait to see the little prince & princess when they're released from the hospital in the coming days. Congrats to the CP Couple & their family!

Frederik said: "Yet another miracle - times two".

Morten Hedegaard, head of the maternity team labbled it a "dreambirth".

The team was alerted a little past 05.00 this morning and Mary arrived shortly after. Five hours later, she gave birth.

Congratulations to the crownprince family!! I was hoping for a boy and girl.

On another note: is it wrong that my first reaction when I saw prince frederik was "Oh God, not those pants!" lol :)

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

En prins og prinssese

Det blev en Prins og Prinsesse

Hendes Kongelige Højhed Kronprinsesse Mary har den 8. januar 2011 på Rigshospitalet født to velskabte børn.

Sønnen blev født kl.: 10.30
Vægt: 2674 gram, længde: 47 cm.

Datteren blev født kl.: 10.56
Vægt: 2554 gram, længde: 46 cm.

Mor og børn har det godt.

Hans Kongelige Højhed Kronprinsen var til stede under hele forløbet på Rigshospitalet.

Christian Schønau
Hofchef

Last edited:
Wonderful news congratulations to Mary and Frederik and the family.
Its lovely that there is a little prince and princess.

Last edited:
Congratulations Denmark and to the happy family!

On another note: is it wrong that my first reaction when I saw prince frederik was "Oh God, not those pants!" lol :)
I had the same reaction as well Duchess Inez :lol:

For North American readers, the babies' stats translate to:

the prince weighs 5 pounds 14 ounces and measures 18.5 inches

The princess weighs 5 pounds 10 oz and measures 18.1 inches

It really looked like Frederik has come to the hospital straight from the bed :D
But that's just cute. He looks somehow so surprised of what happened.

What wonderful news! Congratulations to the Crown Prince and Princess.

He he - my reaction to the pants was 'yeaah, way to go Frederik, flaunt those pants'. I just love that he wears them :)

That is what I love so much about the Crown Prince he is himself regardless.

Congratulations to the happy family! It is wonderful that the mother and the twins are fine and that it was an easy birth.
:ROFLMAO:And yes... those pants again! They seem to be favourtites of Fred! Maybe he always fishes them out of the closet when Mary has her mind on other things and does not bother to check is outfit:ROFLMAO::lol:

Wow, what a great news. I so happy for this family!!! Congratulations to the couple!

YES!!!! Boy & Girl as I predicted! Whoppeeee!

As for CP Frederik's attire - Blue for boy (Sweater) and red for girl (Pants).
I like the red...imagine if the pants had been pink!

It iis really wonderful news. I was watching the news starting in the morning, it was really exciting. Especially when was known that prince will meet the press, so we could deducated, that she already has delivered two children. And then he came and announced it. Really nice and exciting morning:)

Congratulations! I wish for them all a long and happy life!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for sharing the excitement especially those of you in Denmark keeping us updated :flowers:

I'm off to bed now .

;)
can somebody provide a english translation of the press conference...

From what I heard:

The medical team: it was almost a dream birth. They first heard from 'their patient' around 5 am; Mary's labour started spontaneously and she was well underway when she arrived.
Both children had full apgar score. The medical team seemed very pleased with the children's birth weights, said that for twins more than 2500 g is very good.
The head of the medical team said that yes, the 'official' due date had been end of January.

Frederik talked about how this was almost like becoming a dad for the first time again; the knowledge that now there were two little heart beating.

He started by saying that mother and children were fine - as was the father! ;)

Official announcement from the the royal website (not yet in English) http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?id=27632

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom